- 4,354 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: Hotlanta
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 11/16/14 at 5:34am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/26/14
Final Audio Adagio III Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/744122/final-audio-adagio-iii-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Oh god,...
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
From preliminary survey findings, you aren't alone in wanting a good battery life.
1)Maybe CEntrance can consider a thin battery pack sold separately that slots below the M8? Have to consider the rubber feet below.
2)Maybe at lower gain settings the M8 can still last >8hrs on the more powerful chip? I'm assuming IEM users want longer battery life. At the same time IEMs users listen at a lower volume, so perhaps the more powerful configuration lasts considerably longer for IEM users vs HP users.
Edited by eron - 10/3/12 at 3:09am
I got the impression reading the blog that the battery life question was for the high gain setting. I'm assuming based on that the battery life would be significantly longer on the lowest gain setting, am I wrong on this?
Can it designed to have dacmini output when use as desktop setup (external power) and have dacport output when use as portable (battery powered). since most of the portable headphone/earphone dont need the extra power, and it can still can be use to power up hard to drive headphone when use as desktop setup.
Just a suggestion
x2. I hope there will be an IEM edition (M8i?) with better battery life and a smaller form factor!
Edited by pekingduck - 10/3/12 at 5:07am
My guess is people are not thinking of this as a portable unit, they are hoping that it is in a portable size but with desktop performance so they get to use it at home with their power hungry headphones.
That's what I was thinking as well. I would hope with low gain it will have better battery life.
We are going to do our best in the upcoming weeks to optimize the power/battery equation for a mix of headphones.
Heavy optimization is never fun, because it's hard work. But results of heavy optimization are usually fun :)
At this point I'll be using it with various IEM's and the W3000ANV's but this will in likelihood be my only DAC/Amp solution so I'd prefer not to be limited. The majority of time I'll likely have it hooked it up to a computer but with the iDevice connection it gives me the freedom to move around the house without being tethered to a computer. I can't see myself needing much more than 3 hours battery life, 5 max for that type of usage.
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hi Guys, reco for BASS in ear headphones? Mainly Techno, Electro,... 9 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 11 seconds ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 1 minute ago
- › Looking for Headphones up-to 100$ 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 1 minute ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Adagio III by mark2410
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)