- 4,280 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: Hotlanta
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 9/16/14 at 7:35am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
From preliminary survey findings, you aren't alone in wanting a good battery life.
1)Maybe CEntrance can consider a thin battery pack sold separately that slots below the M8? Have to consider the rubber feet below.
2)Maybe at lower gain settings the M8 can still last >8hrs on the more powerful chip? I'm assuming IEM users want longer battery life. At the same time IEMs users listen at a lower volume, so perhaps the more powerful configuration lasts considerably longer for IEM users vs HP users.
Edited by eron - 10/3/12 at 3:09am
I got the impression reading the blog that the battery life question was for the high gain setting. I'm assuming based on that the battery life would be significantly longer on the lowest gain setting, am I wrong on this?
Can it designed to have dacmini output when use as desktop setup (external power) and have dacport output when use as portable (battery powered). since most of the portable headphone/earphone dont need the extra power, and it can still can be use to power up hard to drive headphone when use as desktop setup.
Just a suggestion
x2. I hope there will be an IEM edition (M8i?) with better battery life and a smaller form factor!
Edited by pekingduck - 10/3/12 at 5:07am
My guess is people are not thinking of this as a portable unit, they are hoping that it is in a portable size but with desktop performance so they get to use it at home with their power hungry headphones.
That's what I was thinking as well. I would hope with low gain it will have better battery life.
We are going to do our best in the upcoming weeks to optimize the power/battery equation for a mix of headphones.
Heavy optimization is never fun, because it's hard work. But results of heavy optimization are usually fun :)
At this point I'll be using it with various IEM's and the W3000ANV's but this will in likelihood be my only DAC/Amp solution so I'd prefer not to be limited. The majority of time I'll likely have it hooked it up to a computer but with the iDevice connection it gives me the freedom to move around the house without being tethered to a computer. I can't see myself needing much more than 3 hours battery life, 5 max for that type of usage.
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA 58 seconds ago
- › Let's try this again....need my first nice pair of headphones 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations upgrading my IE? 3 minutes ago
- › Glove Audio A1 jacket DAC Amp for AK120 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014 4 minutes ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 6 minutes ago
- › New England Headfi Meet - Saturday December 6th, 2014! 6 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)