- 4,195 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: Hotlanta
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 8/14/14 at 2:52pm in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Bought these when being on vacation the past weeks, since "argl" I missed to pack my in-ears and thought, ok, for 2 weeks on the beach, let's pick the first ones I came across. What I learned now,...
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
From preliminary survey findings, you aren't alone in wanting a good battery life.
1)Maybe CEntrance can consider a thin battery pack sold separately that slots below the M8? Have to consider the rubber feet below.
2)Maybe at lower gain settings the M8 can still last >8hrs on the more powerful chip? I'm assuming IEM users want longer battery life. At the same time IEMs users listen at a lower volume, so perhaps the more powerful configuration lasts considerably longer for IEM users vs HP users.
Edited by eron - 10/3/12 at 3:09am
I got the impression reading the blog that the battery life question was for the high gain setting. I'm assuming based on that the battery life would be significantly longer on the lowest gain setting, am I wrong on this?
Can it designed to have dacmini output when use as desktop setup (external power) and have dacport output when use as portable (battery powered). since most of the portable headphone/earphone dont need the extra power, and it can still can be use to power up hard to drive headphone when use as desktop setup.
Just a suggestion
x2. I hope there will be an IEM edition (M8i?) with better battery life and a smaller form factor!
Edited by pekingduck - 10/3/12 at 5:07am
My guess is people are not thinking of this as a portable unit, they are hoping that it is in a portable size but with desktop performance so they get to use it at home with their power hungry headphones.
That's what I was thinking as well. I would hope with low gain it will have better battery life.
We are going to do our best in the upcoming weeks to optimize the power/battery equation for a mix of headphones.
Heavy optimization is never fun, because it's hard work. But results of heavy optimization are usually fun :)
At this point I'll be using it with various IEM's and the W3000ANV's but this will in likelihood be my only DAC/Amp solution so I'd prefer not to be limited. The majority of time I'll likely have it hooked it up to a computer but with the iDevice connection it gives me the freedom to move around the house without being tethered to a computer. I can't see myself needing much more than 3 hours battery life, 5 max for that type of usage.
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 46 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 2 minutes ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Best "value for money" portable headphones Amp/DAC for Bowers &... 4 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Auvio amp for Koss Pro DJ 100's + old Santa Cruz soundcard? 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Seattle, WA Tour 5 minutes ago
- › Gaming headset or Hifi headphones on Ps4 5 minutes ago
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)