So will this be able to drive headphones like the LCD-2/3 HE-500s?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 4/6/15 at 5:44pm in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
Introduction: One of my favorite parts of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
I have to say I was very impressed with this little beauty. For my 63 yr. young ears after being subjected to some of the most ferocious live hard rock and heavy metal it really does justice to...
Setup I got my pair on sale for $150 USD. I have had a few lower end AKG headphones and have never been disappointed with the value and sound signature they offered. It's been a long time...
This is my first review. Honestly I am quite new to head-fi although I have tried and bought and sold a lot of headphones and earphones lately. I bought a pair of MA750 a week ago for 108USD in...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 78
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I can comfortably venture a "yes" - I would be surprised to learn that the M8 can't do a good job with all of those cans.
Thanks Mike! I knew you were somewhere in this thread as I was looking through the gallery and saw the picture of the XP8000! :D
the regular M8 has apple and usb input, while the M8 LX has usb and spdif input
correct me if im wrong
Anyone visited CEntrance booth at CES? According to the M8 Blog, it seems that the prototype is quite good especially the Tone Shaping feature. I would like to hear some impressions about it.
I'm hesitant to upgrade to the iPhone 5 due to the lighting port connection. Will the M8 have full support for this phone?
Don't forget to post some first impression
Oh I can't wait to write about it! Going to lock myself in my house and live off take out while I traverse my library of metal and classical.
I thought about this when I read it too.
I was intending to use the M8 as a portable with very sensitive IEMs and then to be able to come home and use as my desktop balanced AMP/DAC with my LCD3s. Perhaps I am expecting too much?
Michael, when you have the time would you please talk about this?
No worries, a lot of padding available in the 3-position gain switch. IEM users will be happy.
I wonder, how will the quality of the volume knob (potentiometer) be on the HiFi-M8? I have the DACport and although I think it is a pretty good dac/amp, it initially had serious problems with the potentiometer being extremely noisy and scratchy. I had it sent back to CEntrance and they fixed it, to some extent... It is still scratchy, but as CEntrance charged me the return cost (to Europe) I just couldn't bother anymore... Obviously, I'm not the only one having this problem with the DACport. So, in this respect, what can we expect from the HiFi-M8?
Sorry about your inconvenience on the DACport. We have a much improved, larger pot from Alps in the M8. We also changed the circuitry to avoid scratching, etc. I think we have what you need.
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › World's first portable Hybrid Valve Headphone Amplifier (with a... 1 second ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 11 seconds ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 38 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Fiio x1 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 and HDVA 600 Review 2 minutes ago
- › Brighter HD650? 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware) 4 minutes ago
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2