So will this be able to drive headphones like the LCD-2/3 HE-500s?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 9/16/14 at 7:35am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
First, I’d like to thank Audrey and the folks at Brainwavz and MP4 Nation for providing a sample of the S5 for review. It was late last month when I received a message from the folks at...
help!! I'm fallling!!!!!!!(photoshop lvl expert) For any Sony DAPs, the letter goes for a kind/category of DAP. The first numbers for the model and the last number is always for the onboard...
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 78
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I can comfortably venture a "yes" - I would be surprised to learn that the M8 can't do a good job with all of those cans.
Thanks Mike! I knew you were somewhere in this thread as I was looking through the gallery and saw the picture of the XP8000! :D
the regular M8 has apple and usb input, while the M8 LX has usb and spdif input
correct me if im wrong
Anyone visited CEntrance booth at CES? According to the M8 Blog, it seems that the prototype is quite good especially the Tone Shaping feature. I would like to hear some impressions about it.
I'm hesitant to upgrade to the iPhone 5 due to the lighting port connection. Will the M8 have full support for this phone?
Don't forget to post some first impression
Oh I can't wait to write about it! Going to lock myself in my house and live off take out while I traverse my library of metal and classical.
I thought about this when I read it too.
I was intending to use the M8 as a portable with very sensitive IEMs and then to be able to come home and use as my desktop balanced AMP/DAC with my LCD3s. Perhaps I am expecting too much?
Michael, when you have the time would you please talk about this?
No worries, a lot of padding available in the 3-position gain switch. IEM users will be happy.
I wonder, how will the quality of the volume knob (potentiometer) be on the HiFi-M8? I have the DACport and although I think it is a pretty good dac/amp, it initially had serious problems with the potentiometer being extremely noisy and scratchy. I had it sent back to CEntrance and they fixed it, to some extent... It is still scratchy, but as CEntrance charged me the return cost (to Europe) I just couldn't bother anymore... Obviously, I'm not the only one having this problem with the DACport. So, in this respect, what can we expect from the HiFi-M8?
Sorry about your inconvenience on the DACport. We have a much improved, larger pot from Alps in the M8. We also changed the circuitry to avoid scratching, etc. I think we have what you need.
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 5 seconds ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 324 IEMs compared (Brainwavz R3 ver.2 added... 9 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Meet Alpha Prime 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 4 minutes ago
- › Ideal set-up for classical under $450? (Beyerdynamic dt880 vs... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 9 minutes ago
- › IEM around $200-300 9 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)