So will this be able to drive headphones like the LCD-2/3 HE-500s?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 9/16/14 at 7:35am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 78
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I can comfortably venture a "yes" - I would be surprised to learn that the M8 can't do a good job with all of those cans.
Thanks Mike! I knew you were somewhere in this thread as I was looking through the gallery and saw the picture of the XP8000! :D
the regular M8 has apple and usb input, while the M8 LX has usb and spdif input
correct me if im wrong
Anyone visited CEntrance booth at CES? According to the M8 Blog, it seems that the prototype is quite good especially the Tone Shaping feature. I would like to hear some impressions about it.
I'm hesitant to upgrade to the iPhone 5 due to the lighting port connection. Will the M8 have full support for this phone?
Don't forget to post some first impression
Oh I can't wait to write about it! Going to lock myself in my house and live off take out while I traverse my library of metal and classical.
I thought about this when I read it too.
I was intending to use the M8 as a portable with very sensitive IEMs and then to be able to come home and use as my desktop balanced AMP/DAC with my LCD3s. Perhaps I am expecting too much?
Michael, when you have the time would you please talk about this?
No worries, a lot of padding available in the 3-position gain switch. IEM users will be happy.
I wonder, how will the quality of the volume knob (potentiometer) be on the HiFi-M8? I have the DACport and although I think it is a pretty good dac/amp, it initially had serious problems with the potentiometer being extremely noisy and scratchy. I had it sent back to CEntrance and they fixed it, to some extent... It is still scratchy, but as CEntrance charged me the return cost (to Europe) I just couldn't bother anymore... Obviously, I'm not the only one having this problem with the DACport. So, in this respect, what can we expect from the HiFi-M8?
Sorry about your inconvenience on the DACport. We have a much improved, larger pot from Alps in the M8. We also changed the circuitry to avoid scratching, etc. I think we have what you need.
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 3 seconds ago
- › HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the... 5 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 seconds ago
- › Best Under $2000 DAC and Phono 40 seconds ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › AKG 'mini' XLR pinout male to 3.5 aux female? 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)