Would this device use its power supply only through the built-in rechargeable battery (like a mobile phone for instance) or would it bypass that circuitry & enable operating it directly through the mains when plugged in (e.g. like a laptop)? I hope it does not sound picky; I just dislike using batteries when I do not have to. Thanks
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 1/10/17 at 7:24am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 72
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1067 of 582112/30/12 at 5:35pmpost #1068 of 582112/30/12 at 6:38pmpost #1069 of 582112/31/12 at 6:18pm
I would like to use my HiFi M8 with my Samsung Galaxy S3 as well as my IPad. Is the M8, a USB "Host" or "Client", USB 2.0 or 3.0. the Galaxy S3 can act as both Client or Host depending on the type of cable used. I read in a previous post that the M8 might not work with Android. Can you elaborate on the specifics so Android owners can a work towards a solution.
PreO'dpost #1070 of 58211/1/13 at 5:17am
It will work with the S3 and Note 2 out of the box. Other android devices would probably require additional software like USB audio recorder pro. iDevices require the dedicated port. Thats my understanding anyway.post #1071 of 58211/1/13 at 8:02pm
Is there any way to preorder the M8 right now?
Can't believe I didn't notice this until now. URGH!!!
Probably going to get one of these; seems like the perfect iDAC/Amp for a person who wants great sound but can't have a fixed desktop/home setup...post #1072 of 58211/1/13 at 8:46pmI just bumped into this thread a few days ago and have read entirely through it. I am floored with the community involvement and open communication from Centrance. The Hifiman- M8 development is striking all the most important needs on my list in an awesome all in one solution. I'm strongly considering jumping on board the early preorder train.
Michael, any chance preorders within the next week or so can still qualify for the headfi preorder discount? Haven't seen anything about a cutoff.post #1073 of 58211/1/13 at 9:06pmpost #1074 of 58211/1/13 at 9:08pmQuote:
Impressive - seriously.Quote:I am floored with the community involvement and open communication from Centrance. The Hifiman- M8 development is striking all the most important needs on my list in an awesome all in one solution. I'm strongly considering jumping on board the early preorder train.
Michael, any chance preorders within the next week or so can still qualify for the headfi preorder discount? Haven't seen anything about a cutoff.
I've just had too much fun following, contributing to and occasionally derailing this thread (not really on purpose, it just happens sometimes...) not be be involved with the pre-order as well. Hopefully there is room on the train for you.post #1075 of 58211/1/13 at 9:26pmpost #1076 of 58211/1/13 at 9:44pmQuote:
I'm going to tell people once I get mine that I designed it with the help of CEntrance and some fellow Headfiers...post #1077 of 58211/1/13 at 10:16pmCould someone address my concern that this device doesnt have an analog output so we could use different portable amp. Everything look great except for that. I am just worry that the amp part wont be as good as mk3 or stepdance 2.post #1078 of 58211/1/13 at 11:46pmQuote:
There should be a FAQ!Quote:Originally Posted by mgoodman
> I've been a bit confused by the 3.5mm jack, will the analog signal be a line out or variable out?
It's a combo jack. The SPDIF out is the digital part, the headphone output is the analog part. The analog part is a mirror of the 1/4" jack. We decided against making a separate line-level output, because the output is so clean anyway, you could drive external amps with the output of the headphone amp.post #1079 of 58211/2/13 at 2:23ampost #1080 of 58211/2/13 at 7:16amQuote:
How long is this limited period? With customs and 20% VAT considerations it would probably still be cheaper to see a UK stockist if there will ever be one?
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Sony MDR CD3000 (horrible) 8 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 3 minutes ago
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC) 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design,... 4 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 5 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear