Would this device use its power supply only through the built-in rechargeable battery (like a mobile phone for instance) or would it bypass that circuitry & enable operating it directly through the mains when plugged in (e.g. like a laptop)? I hope it does not sound picky; I just dislike using batteries when I do not have to. Thanks
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 1/4/16 at 10:43am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/6/16
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 72
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1067 of 576812/30/12 at 5:35pmpost #1068 of 576812/30/12 at 6:38pmpost #1069 of 576812/31/12 at 6:18pm
I would like to use my HiFi M8 with my Samsung Galaxy S3 as well as my IPad. Is the M8, a USB "Host" or "Client", USB 2.0 or 3.0. the Galaxy S3 can act as both Client or Host depending on the type of cable used. I read in a previous post that the M8 might not work with Android. Can you elaborate on the specifics so Android owners can a work towards a solution.
PreO'dpost #1070 of 57681/1/13 at 5:17am
It will work with the S3 and Note 2 out of the box. Other android devices would probably require additional software like USB audio recorder pro. iDevices require the dedicated port. Thats my understanding anyway.post #1071 of 57681/1/13 at 8:02pm
Is there any way to preorder the M8 right now?
Can't believe I didn't notice this until now. URGH!!!
Probably going to get one of these; seems like the perfect iDAC/Amp for a person who wants great sound but can't have a fixed desktop/home setup...post #1072 of 57681/1/13 at 8:46pmI just bumped into this thread a few days ago and have read entirely through it. I am floored with the community involvement and open communication from Centrance. The Hifiman- M8 development is striking all the most important needs on my list in an awesome all in one solution. I'm strongly considering jumping on board the early preorder train.
Michael, any chance preorders within the next week or so can still qualify for the headfi preorder discount? Haven't seen anything about a cutoff.post #1073 of 57681/1/13 at 9:06pmpost #1074 of 57681/1/13 at 9:08pmQuote:
Impressive - seriously.Quote:I am floored with the community involvement and open communication from Centrance. The Hifiman- M8 development is striking all the most important needs on my list in an awesome all in one solution. I'm strongly considering jumping on board the early preorder train.
Michael, any chance preorders within the next week or so can still qualify for the headfi preorder discount? Haven't seen anything about a cutoff.
I've just had too much fun following, contributing to and occasionally derailing this thread (not really on purpose, it just happens sometimes...) not be be involved with the pre-order as well. Hopefully there is room on the train for you.post #1075 of 57681/1/13 at 9:26pmpost #1076 of 57681/1/13 at 9:44pmQuote:
I'm going to tell people once I get mine that I designed it with the help of CEntrance and some fellow Headfiers...post #1077 of 57681/1/13 at 10:16pmCould someone address my concern that this device doesnt have an analog output so we could use different portable amp. Everything look great except for that. I am just worry that the amp part wont be as good as mk3 or stepdance 2.post #1078 of 57681/1/13 at 11:46pmQuote:
There should be a FAQ!Quote:Originally Posted by mgoodman
> I've been a bit confused by the 3.5mm jack, will the analog signal be a line out or variable out?
It's a combo jack. The SPDIF out is the digital part, the headphone output is the analog part. The analog part is a mirror of the 1/4" jack. We decided against making a separate line-level output, because the output is so clean anyway, you could drive external amps with the output of the headphone amp.post #1079 of 57681/2/13 at 2:23ampost #1080 of 57681/2/13 at 7:16amQuote:
How long is this limited period? With customs and 20% VAT considerations it would probably still be cheaper to see a UK stockist if there will ever be one?
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Earbuds Round-Up 6 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 32 seconds ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Appreciation and Discussion Thread:... 49 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 1 minute ago
- › ZTE AXON 7-America's First HiFi Mobile Audio & Dolby ATMOS 2 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear