Originally Posted by nick n
wowow thanks for these replies and impressions, and especially for taking the time to chart these things up.
Quite possible bit of tip rolling may help out the highs a bit maybe a wider opening.
More useful info in a matter of a couple posts than other threads have in a couple pages !
No problem. I should probably measure the Vortex Pro, another IEM I was impressed with, some time :p
Originally Posted by itshot
I got busy, then been busy since. But as a member of the rare species that is Clarus owners, I'll (finally) drop some insight on what this headphone is like. In short, it is a nice headphone with a number of practical issues.
- Nice sound: mellow, warm, easy to listen to. Me likey
On the fence
- Low isolation: could go both ways, but depends on context
- A cable kinkier than many porn stars
- Heavy casing like no other: cannot rest it around your neck - must put it away in the (poorly designed) case
- Wind noise for dayzzz: lots of it - think biking, jogging, windy day, etc.
- Won't stay in place: needs to reseated more often than not, FME
These actually stayed in place for me pretty nicely. I do agree with the weight though, I use the earhooks to hang them on my shirt or something when they aren't in use (and I'm not using the case).