- 1,906 Posts. Joined 12/2011
- Location: california
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD2000tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-Lambda (Λ)tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 10/15/14 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade Ideas from Denon AH-D7000 Last post on 11/5/13 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost-no-object cans Last post on 1/28/11 at 4:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Who has an end game setup? Last post on 4/3/14 at 11:13pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
if u are looking for a great dac you can better buy new motherboard with supreme fx it sound practicly the same and its cheaper
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? - Page 7post #91 of 32412/1/12 at 10:29amLOL madbull sr009 or Orpheus?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 32412/1/12 at 12:44pmpost #93 of 32412/1/12 at 6:58pmpost #94 of 32412/2/12 at 2:07ampost #95 of 32412/2/12 at 2:44amYep, I'm there. (Gear in my profile.) At least until better headphones come on the scene which they inevitably will. I'm not much of a stat person so I don't know if I'll ever go down that road (the only ones that I really enjoyed were the SR-Omega but were much too loose on the head and from what I was told are quite rare; they had superb imaging though.)post #96 of 32412/2/12 at 10:49amQuote:Originally Posted by sphinxvc
Lol. This thread started 4 months ago, and some that posted "totally satisfied with XX" now have vastly different cans in their rigs.
As for finding any kind of nirvana, there's a saying that goes "the only peace you find on the tops of mountains is that which you bring with you."
"You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him to find it within himself" – Galileopost #97 of 32412/2/12 at 11:01ampost #98 of 32412/2/12 at 2:51pmQuote:to my ears 009 is far superior than he90. And I'm not using the best amplification yet.
While I've yet to hear the 009's I have heard the Orpheus system many times and currently own an Aristaeus/HE90 rig and to my ears it mates much better with the HE90's than the HEV90 does. If you have the resources I recommend trying out the Aristaeus with upgraded tubes. It's helped me appreciate the strengths of the HE90's all the more. Not sure if I'll ever reach audio Nirvana but I am satisfied with what I have at the moment, although, I am looking forward to hearing the 009's and the next Sennheiser electrostat offering. Garypost #99 of 32412/2/12 at 3:02pmpost #100 of 32412/2/12 at 3:14pmQuote:
Love the photo...LOL..are those imported German Ge's on top?
I may have found a pair for you,....An old pair of Porta-Pros-------used....,missing one ear cushion
post #101 of 32412/2/12 at 3:17pm
I have, but it wouldn't help anybody because it wound up being a strange DIY odyssey and currently a one-off.
Stax 507 with home replaced mylar, now used with normal bias, Srpitzer mod Stax SRD 7 transformer box with home replaced Dyna Z565 new production transformers, Hogan amplifier, two unit, one unit tube rectified 6sn7 preamp connecting to 26/300b DHT tube rectified amplifier, probably one of just half a dozen such made by the late amp hobbyist. All butt ugly, but transcendant sound, better than anything I heard at last Headphone show.
Sound is utterly huge, fast, transparent, detailed, luxurious with bass that rivals my dynamic ultrasone Ed8.
Second honors: Manley 300b with Stax 7SB and Lambda original normal bias.
Third honors: Ultrasone Ed8 with either Manley 300b or Yamaha C70 solid state vintage preamp. Different flavors, both great. Don't know why more dynamic headphone fans don't use the Yamaha C70, cheap and really wonderful headphone amp.
Edited by cjfrbw - 12/2/12 at 3:21pmpost #102 of 32412/2/12 at 9:20pmI have, in fact i was in audio nirvana with my iPhone earbuds. I was happy and loving all my songs, until I discovered HF... like seriously. So thank you all very much for changing my world. I'm just not sure if I should celebrate or cry.. Lolpost #103 of 32412/2/12 at 11:50pmQuote:
your ears should celebrate while your wallet should cry lolpost #104 of 32412/9/12 at 12:16pm
Then I lost it & have been searching for it since.
It was probably the late 1980s, and I was somewhere between 18 and 22. I think it was the original Sony Discman and the accompanying cans at Paul & Tony's Stereo near campus in State College, Pennsylvania. I heard Papa Doo Run Run's "Good Vibrations" off the Telarc sampler...the first drum hit blew me away, and I listened to it over and over. Paul & Tony were very accommodating.
Priorities...I never bought it.
I've owned a lot of players, amps, and headphones since, but have yet to find a headphone playback chain that handles that drum hit as well as that particularly synergistic combination.
I have a few combinations here, though, that I still need to try. Ah, I didn't have anything else planned for today, did I?
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Fischer Amps FA-4E XB vs Senn IE8 12 seconds ago
- › Need help with 2nd Generation iPod Classic. 38 seconds ago
- › Upgrade for ad700 1 minute ago
- › Good Iem for $100-$200 range 2 minutes ago
- › Marantz PM6004 vs PM6005 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Grado 325i Owners Club. 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2D by Pokerstar
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)