- 1,906 Posts. Joined 12/2011
- Location: california
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD2000tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-Lambda (Λ)tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 2/24/15 at 12:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Upgrade Ideas from Denon AH-D7000 Last post on 11/5/13 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost-no-object cans Last post on 1/28/11 at 4:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Let me just say one thing up front: if you have any complaints about the speed or the bass extension of these headphones, you need a better headphone amp. /endofdiscussion The HD600s will take the...
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
Disclaimer: I am in not associated with any company; my views are mine, and my own. The Thinksound Rain2 is the newest IEM produced and designed by the environmentally friendly company...
Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? - Page 7post #91 of 32412/1/12 at 10:29amLOL madbull sr009 or Orpheus?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 32412/1/12 at 12:44pmpost #93 of 32412/1/12 at 6:58pmpost #94 of 32412/2/12 at 2:07ampost #95 of 32412/2/12 at 2:44amYep, I'm there. (Gear in my profile.) At least until better headphones come on the scene which they inevitably will. I'm not much of a stat person so I don't know if I'll ever go down that road (the only ones that I really enjoyed were the SR-Omega but were much too loose on the head and from what I was told are quite rare; they had superb imaging though.)post #96 of 32412/2/12 at 10:49amQuote:Originally Posted by sphinxvc
Lol. This thread started 4 months ago, and some that posted "totally satisfied with XX" now have vastly different cans in their rigs.
As for finding any kind of nirvana, there's a saying that goes "the only peace you find on the tops of mountains is that which you bring with you."
"You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him to find it within himself" – Galileopost #97 of 32412/2/12 at 11:01ampost #98 of 32412/2/12 at 2:51pmQuote:to my ears 009 is far superior than he90. And I'm not using the best amplification yet.
While I've yet to hear the 009's I have heard the Orpheus system many times and currently own an Aristaeus/HE90 rig and to my ears it mates much better with the HE90's than the HEV90 does. If you have the resources I recommend trying out the Aristaeus with upgraded tubes. It's helped me appreciate the strengths of the HE90's all the more. Not sure if I'll ever reach audio Nirvana but I am satisfied with what I have at the moment, although, I am looking forward to hearing the 009's and the next Sennheiser electrostat offering. Garypost #99 of 32412/2/12 at 3:02pmpost #100 of 32412/2/12 at 3:14pmQuote:
Love the photo...LOL..are those imported German Ge's on top?
I may have found a pair for you,....An old pair of Porta-Pros-------used....,missing one ear cushion
post #101 of 32412/2/12 at 3:17pm
I have, but it wouldn't help anybody because it wound up being a strange DIY odyssey and currently a one-off.
Stax 507 with home replaced mylar, now used with normal bias, Srpitzer mod Stax SRD 7 transformer box with home replaced Dyna Z565 new production transformers, Hogan amplifier, two unit, one unit tube rectified 6sn7 preamp connecting to 26/300b DHT tube rectified amplifier, probably one of just half a dozen such made by the late amp hobbyist. All butt ugly, but transcendant sound, better than anything I heard at last Headphone show.
Sound is utterly huge, fast, transparent, detailed, luxurious with bass that rivals my dynamic ultrasone Ed8.
Second honors: Manley 300b with Stax 7SB and Lambda original normal bias.
Third honors: Ultrasone Ed8 with either Manley 300b or Yamaha C70 solid state vintage preamp. Different flavors, both great. Don't know why more dynamic headphone fans don't use the Yamaha C70, cheap and really wonderful headphone amp.
Edited by cjfrbw - 12/2/12 at 3:21pmpost #102 of 32412/2/12 at 9:20pmI have, in fact i was in audio nirvana with my iPhone earbuds. I was happy and loving all my songs, until I discovered HF... like seriously. So thank you all very much for changing my world. I'm just not sure if I should celebrate or cry.. Lolpost #103 of 32412/2/12 at 11:50pmQuote:
your ears should celebrate while your wallet should cry lolpost #104 of 32412/9/12 at 12:16pm
Then I lost it & have been searching for it since.
It was probably the late 1980s, and I was somewhere between 18 and 22. I think it was the original Sony Discman and the accompanying cans at Paul & Tony's Stereo near campus in State College, Pennsylvania. I heard Papa Doo Run Run's "Good Vibrations" off the Telarc sampler...the first drum hit blew me away, and I listened to it over and over. Paul & Tony were very accommodating.
Priorities...I never bought it.
I've owned a lot of players, amps, and headphones since, but have yet to find a headphone playback chain that handles that drum hit as well as that particularly synergistic combination.
I have a few combinations here, though, that I still need to try. Ah, I didn't have anything else planned for today, did I?post #105 of 32412/9/12 at 2:43pm
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 35 seconds ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 48 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 50 seconds ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 II Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with... 1 minute ago
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 2 minutes ago
- › DNA Sonett 2 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3