- 1,906 Posts. Joined 12/2011
- Location: california
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD2000tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-Lambda (Λ)tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on Yesterday at 5:35 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Upgrade Ideas from Denon AH-D7000 Last post on 11/5/13 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost-no-object cans Last post on 1/28/11 at 4:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? - Page 7post #91 of 32412/1/12 at 10:29amLOL madbull sr009 or Orpheus?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 32412/1/12 at 12:44pmpost #93 of 32412/1/12 at 6:58pmpost #94 of 32412/2/12 at 2:07ampost #95 of 32412/2/12 at 2:44amYep, I'm there. (Gear in my profile.) At least until better headphones come on the scene which they inevitably will. I'm not much of a stat person so I don't know if I'll ever go down that road (the only ones that I really enjoyed were the SR-Omega but were much too loose on the head and from what I was told are quite rare; they had superb imaging though.)post #96 of 32412/2/12 at 10:49amQuote:Originally Posted by sphinxvc
Lol. This thread started 4 months ago, and some that posted "totally satisfied with XX" now have vastly different cans in their rigs.
As for finding any kind of nirvana, there's a saying that goes "the only peace you find on the tops of mountains is that which you bring with you."
"You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him to find it within himself" – Galileopost #97 of 32412/2/12 at 11:01ampost #98 of 32412/2/12 at 2:51pmQuote:to my ears 009 is far superior than he90. And I'm not using the best amplification yet.
While I've yet to hear the 009's I have heard the Orpheus system many times and currently own an Aristaeus/HE90 rig and to my ears it mates much better with the HE90's than the HEV90 does. If you have the resources I recommend trying out the Aristaeus with upgraded tubes. It's helped me appreciate the strengths of the HE90's all the more. Not sure if I'll ever reach audio Nirvana but I am satisfied with what I have at the moment, although, I am looking forward to hearing the 009's and the next Sennheiser electrostat offering. Garypost #99 of 32412/2/12 at 3:02pmpost #100 of 32412/2/12 at 3:14pmQuote:
Love the photo...LOL..are those imported German Ge's on top?
I may have found a pair for you,....An old pair of Porta-Pros-------used....,missing one ear cushion
post #101 of 32412/2/12 at 3:17pm
I have, but it wouldn't help anybody because it wound up being a strange DIY odyssey and currently a one-off.
Stax 507 with home replaced mylar, now used with normal bias, Srpitzer mod Stax SRD 7 transformer box with home replaced Dyna Z565 new production transformers, Hogan amplifier, two unit, one unit tube rectified 6sn7 preamp connecting to 26/300b DHT tube rectified amplifier, probably one of just half a dozen such made by the late amp hobbyist. All butt ugly, but transcendant sound, better than anything I heard at last Headphone show.
Sound is utterly huge, fast, transparent, detailed, luxurious with bass that rivals my dynamic ultrasone Ed8.
Second honors: Manley 300b with Stax 7SB and Lambda original normal bias.
Third honors: Ultrasone Ed8 with either Manley 300b or Yamaha C70 solid state vintage preamp. Different flavors, both great. Don't know why more dynamic headphone fans don't use the Yamaha C70, cheap and really wonderful headphone amp.
Edited by cjfrbw - 12/2/12 at 3:21pmpost #102 of 32412/2/12 at 9:20pmI have, in fact i was in audio nirvana with my iPhone earbuds. I was happy and loving all my songs, until I discovered HF... like seriously. So thank you all very much for changing my world. I'm just not sure if I should celebrate or cry.. Lolpost #103 of 32412/2/12 at 11:50pmQuote:
your ears should celebrate while your wallet should cry lolpost #104 of 32412/9/12 at 12:16pm
Then I lost it & have been searching for it since.
It was probably the late 1980s, and I was somewhere between 18 and 22. I think it was the original Sony Discman and the accompanying cans at Paul & Tony's Stereo near campus in State College, Pennsylvania. I heard Papa Doo Run Run's "Good Vibrations" off the Telarc sampler...the first drum hit blew me away, and I listened to it over and over. Paul & Tony were very accommodating.
Priorities...I never bought it.
I've owned a lot of players, amps, and headphones since, but have yet to find a headphone playback chain that handles that drum hit as well as that particularly synergistic combination.
I have a few combinations here, though, that I still need to try. Ah, I didn't have anything else planned for today, did I?post #105 of 32412/9/12 at 2:43pm
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Best Open Headphones for Bass Drum/Snare Punch 36 seconds ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 39 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 43 seconds ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Review and Mods 46 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › What's the best amp for HD800 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 2 minutes ago
- › Question on if I need an amp or soundcard 4 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2