My wallets going to hate me.....
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD2000tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-Lambda (Λ)tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 4/16/16 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Upgrade Ideas from Denon AH-D7000 Last post on 11/5/13 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost-no-object cans Last post on 1/28/11 at 4:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
The E5 is so close to being a giant killer but it has a few major flaws in my opinion. This is a technically oriented review. I like neutral sound signatures and bit perfect playback. I don't...
"Massdrop Blue Box - NuForce HEM IEMs" special drop pricing = $169.99*; Actual MSRP = $399.00 (I joined the drop on Massdrop and received the HEM6; LINK. You can find these and the other...
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
-- I give you Lend Me UR Ears house brand Alpha & Delta D2 Sports Earphone: **A few Disclaimers to get out of the way here**: #1 – I was approached by Lend Me UR Ears to review the...
I really like the t-90; I have had them for about two months and really enjoy the brightness. I also have the T70p and the t-5p second gen. I like the t70p better than anything so far. The t 90...
Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? - Page 5post #61 of 3258/27/12 at 4:55am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 3258/27/12 at 6:18am
It was fantastic with all of BT's work. Morceau Subrosa is quickly becoming my favorite work of his (I've been practically A/Bing TBU and Morceau to decide on an all time favorite album). Seriously...at 8 minutes into that work (movement 2) it will blow your mind with the 009s. I had a fellow Head-fier come listen when I had the 009 + LL on loan and he said that with the HD800s you could position the birds perfectly but with the 009 you could tell exactly what bird they were. :DQuote:
Mine doesn't know what's coming yet. It just seems a huge number in my account right now and is super happy. But once it all lines up...BAM...it's screwed.post #63 of 3258/27/12 at 6:23amQuote:Originally Posted by MorbidToaster
It was fantastic with all of BT's work. Morceau Subrosa is quickly becoming my favorite work of his (I've been practically A/Bing TBU and Morceau to decide on an all time favorite album). Seriously...at 8 minutes into that work (movement 2) it will blow your mind with the 009s. I had a fellow Head-fier come listen when I had the 009 + LL on loan and he said that with the HD800s you could position the birds perfectly but with the 009 you could tell exactly what bird they were. :D
Oh goshh....... stop tempting me!!post #64 of 3258/27/12 at 6:54amQuote:
Great things often happen by accident. From now on when I explain why tubes are superior to solid state to a die hard measurements fan I simply say I like the euphoric distortion.
Maybe it will be easier for them to comprehend.post #65 of 3258/28/12 at 12:01ampost #66 of 3258/28/12 at 8:48ampost #67 of 3258/28/12 at 10:01pmpost #68 of 3258/29/12 at 8:07ampost #69 of 3258/29/12 at 6:35pmpost #70 of 3258/29/12 at 6:59pmCurrently my Nirvana lies at the ODAC + O2 + HD800
Nothing has matched up so far.
Bryston amp was too harsh/treble happy for the HD800 (which are already pretty bright)
EF6 was too soft/dull for the hd800 (hard to believe >.<)post #71 of 3258/29/12 at 10:23pmQuote:
And then you listen to the HD800 from a really good tube amp and figure out what you have been missing all along...post #72 of 3258/30/12 at 5:38amQuote:
I tried it with the WA22 at SSI this past march and I did really enjoy it. Whether I like it any more I don't think I can say that.post #73 of 3258/30/12 at 10:00amQuote:
What you get with a good tube amp is that amazing holographic soundstage and imaging plus a richer tone that complements the slightly sterile sound of a HD800 perfect. That sense of being there and feeling air move. No solid state amp I've tried have had that holographic property. I have not tried WA22 though. Heard its a great match with the T1.post #74 of 3258/30/12 at 2:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sweden
What you get with a good tube amp is that amazing holographic soundstage and imaging plus a richer tone that complements the slightly sterile sound of a HD800 perfect. That sense of being there and feeling air move. No solid state amp I've tried have had that holographic property. I have not tried WA22 though. Heard its a great match with the T1.
Sometimes I like my sterile sound though (sometimes) where I can just sit back and hear everything put forward.
Though of course, sometimes I wish I had a tube amp sitting next to my SS amp to switch between the 2 as I felt like it.post #75 of 3259/1/12 at 5:20amQuote:
I would have completely agreed with this comment, until recently. I'm a tube head through and through and wouldn't give up my SE 300B monoblocks in my main system for anything. However, my AMB Labs Beta 22 in my headphone rig has given me all the fantastic attributes of tube gear in spades with the added ability to drive the most difficult headphones with ease. I would have never believed that any SS amp could sound anything like this. Granted, this is allot more about synergy, the Beta seems to match very well with the magnetic planars, and your mileage may vary with something like the HD800.
Headphone nirvana, no way. That would mean we are at the end of the road, it's more about the journey than just a final destination.
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 3 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods 8 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 8 minutes ago
- › 2016 Tokyo Spring Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival Report 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 9 minutes ago
- › Alpha & Delta D2 Impressions 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 11 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by vapman
- › NuForce HEM6 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Triple... by Hi-Fi EDU
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse