My wallets going to hate me.....
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD2000tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-Lambda (Λ)tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 12/4/16 at 10:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Upgrade Ideas from Denon AH-D7000 Last post on 11/5/13 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost-no-object cans Last post on 1/28/11 at 4:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Sorry if my english is not so good. I bought this several days ago (200 euro) so I cannot post an opinion about durability. I use this dac/amp just on pc for everyday use: movies, voice,...
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? - Page 5post #61 of 3258/27/12 at 4:55am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 3258/27/12 at 6:18am
It was fantastic with all of BT's work. Morceau Subrosa is quickly becoming my favorite work of his (I've been practically A/Bing TBU and Morceau to decide on an all time favorite album). Seriously...at 8 minutes into that work (movement 2) it will blow your mind with the 009s. I had a fellow Head-fier come listen when I had the 009 + LL on loan and he said that with the HD800s you could position the birds perfectly but with the 009 you could tell exactly what bird they were. :DQuote:
Mine doesn't know what's coming yet. It just seems a huge number in my account right now and is super happy. But once it all lines up...BAM...it's screwed.post #63 of 3258/27/12 at 6:23amQuote:Originally Posted by MorbidToaster
It was fantastic with all of BT's work. Morceau Subrosa is quickly becoming my favorite work of his (I've been practically A/Bing TBU and Morceau to decide on an all time favorite album). Seriously...at 8 minutes into that work (movement 2) it will blow your mind with the 009s. I had a fellow Head-fier come listen when I had the 009 + LL on loan and he said that with the HD800s you could position the birds perfectly but with the 009 you could tell exactly what bird they were. :D
Oh goshh....... stop tempting me!!post #64 of 3258/27/12 at 6:54amQuote:
Great things often happen by accident. From now on when I explain why tubes are superior to solid state to a die hard measurements fan I simply say I like the euphoric distortion.
Maybe it will be easier for them to comprehend.post #65 of 3258/28/12 at 12:01ampost #66 of 3258/28/12 at 8:48ampost #67 of 3258/28/12 at 10:01pmpost #68 of 3258/29/12 at 8:07ampost #69 of 3258/29/12 at 6:35pmpost #70 of 3258/29/12 at 6:59pmCurrently my Nirvana lies at the ODAC + O2 + HD800
Nothing has matched up so far.
Bryston amp was too harsh/treble happy for the HD800 (which are already pretty bright)
EF6 was too soft/dull for the hd800 (hard to believe >.<)post #71 of 3258/29/12 at 10:23pmQuote:
And then you listen to the HD800 from a really good tube amp and figure out what you have been missing all along...post #72 of 3258/30/12 at 5:38amQuote:
I tried it with the WA22 at SSI this past march and I did really enjoy it. Whether I like it any more I don't think I can say that.post #73 of 3258/30/12 at 10:00amQuote:
What you get with a good tube amp is that amazing holographic soundstage and imaging plus a richer tone that complements the slightly sterile sound of a HD800 perfect. That sense of being there and feeling air move. No solid state amp I've tried have had that holographic property. I have not tried WA22 though. Heard its a great match with the T1.post #74 of 3258/30/12 at 2:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sweden
What you get with a good tube amp is that amazing holographic soundstage and imaging plus a richer tone that complements the slightly sterile sound of a HD800 perfect. That sense of being there and feeling air move. No solid state amp I've tried have had that holographic property. I have not tried WA22 though. Heard its a great match with the T1.
Sometimes I like my sterile sound though (sometimes) where I can just sit back and hear everything put forward.
Though of course, sometimes I wish I had a tube amp sitting next to my SS amp to switch between the 2 as I felt like it.post #75 of 3259/1/12 at 5:20amQuote:
I would have completely agreed with this comment, until recently. I'm a tube head through and through and wouldn't give up my SE 300B monoblocks in my main system for anything. However, my AMB Labs Beta 22 in my headphone rig has given me all the fantastic attributes of tube gear in spades with the added ability to drive the most difficult headphones with ease. I would have never believed that any SS amp could sound anything like this. Granted, this is allot more about synergy, the Beta seems to match very well with the magnetic planars, and your mileage may vary with something like the HD800.
Headphone nirvana, no way. That would mean we are at the end of the road, it's more about the journey than just a final destination.
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Shozy Alien+ 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs ) 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Pittsburgh HeadPhile Meet! 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear