I've really got my eyes (ears) set on the OPPO HA-1 and Audeze LCD-XC combo. I'm thinking that will be my nirvana. Pending the wife's approval, of course.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD2000tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-Lambda (Λ)tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 5/6/15 at 9:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Upgrade Ideas from Denon AH-D7000 Last post on 11/5/13 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost-no-object cans Last post on 1/28/11 at 4:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? - Page 21post #301 of 3245/22/14 at 6:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #302 of 3245/22/14 at 8:43pm
+1 on the STAX SR-009
The T2 is something I'd really love to hear sometime. I still need to hear the Sony MDR-R10 and the Sennheiser HE90. Your collection, purk, has to be one of the very best on head-fi.post #303 of 3245/22/14 at 11:29pmQuote:
Thanks for your kind words. The SR009 is my favorite as well.post #304 of 3245/26/14 at 7:12ampost #305 of 3245/30/14 at 9:00am
I have found my headphone Nirvana this year :
Headphones Senns *HD800, HD650, HD600 & *Sure SRH1540
HP amplifier *Trafomatic Experience Head One
Integrated amp Kenwood KA-8006, 70wpc, (1974)
Source TEAC PD-H600 CD player, w/Burr Brown PCM1796 D/A converter, 192kHz/24-bit
* Added this year
Edited by Old Groucho - 5/30/14 at 6:10pmpost #306 of 3247/2/14 at 1:37pmpost #307 of 3247/5/14 at 5:52ampost #308 of 3247/5/14 at 6:11pmQuote:
Which one do you choose?
With any of those three, you have a desert island headphone. I'm guessing you probably chose the HE90post #309 of 3247/6/14 at 6:03ampost #310 of 3247/6/14 at 3:39pmQuote:
Best value for the money headphone? Wow, it really must sound great.post #311 of 3247/7/14 at 10:30pmThread StarterQuote:
DAMNNNNN. Everybody is jealous of you.
Lacking a HD800 though :Ppost #312 of 3247/10/14 at 2:55amThere can be only one. Rega Saturn CD player Vincent KHV-1 amp with mullard long plate 12au7 tubes.
Transparent super RCA and Transparent power cords and Ipad to HRT streamer. And the Beyerdynamic T1.
I have tried many others this is the best I have heard and a good place to stop. In fact to my old ears a perfect
place to stop.
In fact this set up is so good. The other headphones I had Audeze and Sennheise HD-600 I gave them both away.
Not sold them to someone I gave them away. This is not only the best it is the last rig for me and the only one I will need.
In my opinion the T-1 are that good if properly amped and fed the right stuff. Not saying this is for every one. Just this Kid.
Edited by cavedave - 7/10/14 at 5:56ampost #313 of 3247/11/14 at 10:27amDont know what is audio nirvana..but i have a feeling what i have is for me what states almost audio nirvana..
I have the rare Referencesounds Code-X headphone (only black woody one of the 20 ever made) and a custommade headphoneamp..the Blue Circle Audio PaG...at this moment i cant ask for more
Edited by hifimanrookie - 7/11/14 at 11:14ampost #314 of 3249/9/14 at 4:26am
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Can Con 5.0 - Sydney Australia meet (28th June 2015) 28 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 46 seconds ago
- › WAV Sounds The Best (To Me) 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-400 (HE-6 Box- Alpha Pads- Jergpads- velour) grill mod... 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06A - A New Winner 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2