I've really got my eyes (ears) set on the OPPO HA-1 and Audeze LCD-XC combo. I'm thinking that will be my nirvana. Pending the wife's approval, of course.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD2000tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-Lambda (Λ)tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 7/28/16 at 7:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Upgrade Ideas from Denon AH-D7000 Last post on 11/5/13 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost-no-object cans Last post on 1/28/11 at 4:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
INTRODUCTION I have received FiiO DK1 directly from FiiO company in exchange for my honest opinion (as you will surely find out soon). BACKGROUND This will be short, since you don't...
I do like this headphone quite a bit although I'll be the first to say that I have a soft spot for Beyer phones being my first taste of the audiophile world. This is a review of a...
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? - Page 21post #301 of 3255/22/14 at 6:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #302 of 3255/22/14 at 8:43pm
+1 on the STAX SR-009
The T2 is something I'd really love to hear sometime. I still need to hear the Sony MDR-R10 and the Sennheiser HE90. Your collection, purk, has to be one of the very best on head-fi.post #303 of 3255/22/14 at 11:29pmQuote:
Thanks for your kind words. The SR009 is my favorite as well.post #304 of 3255/26/14 at 7:12ampost #305 of 3255/30/14 at 9:00am
I have found my headphone Nirvana this year :
Headphones Senns *HD800, HD650, HD600 & *Sure SRH1540
HP amplifier *Trafomatic Experience Head One
Integrated amp Kenwood KA-8006, 70wpc, (1974)
Source TEAC PD-H600 CD player, w/Burr Brown PCM1796 D/A converter, 192kHz/24-bit
* Added this year
Edited by BobG55 - 5/30/14 at 6:10pmpost #306 of 3257/2/14 at 1:37pmpost #307 of 3257/5/14 at 5:52ampost #308 of 3257/5/14 at 6:11pmQuote:
Which one do you choose?
With any of those three, you have a desert island headphone. I'm guessing you probably chose the HE90post #309 of 3257/6/14 at 6:03ampost #310 of 3257/6/14 at 3:39pmQuote:
Best value for the money headphone? Wow, it really must sound great.post #311 of 3257/7/14 at 10:30pmThread StarterQuote:
DAMNNNNN. Everybody is jealous of you.
Lacking a HD800 though :Ppost #312 of 3257/10/14 at 2:55amThere can be only one. Rega Saturn CD player Vincent KHV-1 amp with mullard long plate 12au7 tubes.
Transparent super RCA and Transparent power cords and Ipad to HRT streamer. And the Beyerdynamic T1.
I have tried many others this is the best I have heard and a good place to stop. In fact to my old ears a perfect
place to stop.
In fact this set up is so good. The other headphones I had Audeze and Sennheise HD-600 I gave them both away.
Not sold them to someone I gave them away. This is not only the best it is the last rig for me and the only one I will need.
In my opinion the T-1 are that good if properly amped and fed the right stuff. Not saying this is for every one. Just this Kid.
Edited by cavedave - 7/10/14 at 5:56ampost #313 of 3257/11/14 at 10:27amDont know what is audio nirvana..but i have a feeling what i have is for me what states almost audio nirvana..
I have the rare Referencesounds Code-X headphone (only black woody one of the 20 ever made) and a custommade headphoneamp..the Blue Circle Audio PaG...at this moment i cant ask for more
Edited by hifimanrookie - 7/11/14 at 11:14ampost #314 of 3259/9/14 at 4:26am
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 59 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Project Ember Review 1 minute ago
- › moving from Windows to Mac, is iTunes at all realistic for... 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 4 minutes ago
- › Best amp for Beyerdynamic T1 4 minutes ago
- › Conductor Air pocket sized USB DAC, Headphone Amp, Remote... 5 minutes ago
- › Upgrading from Sennheiser 598 and Fiio E10 Setup: New Headphone or... 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO Multifunction Dock (DK1) by OSiRiSsk
- › beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Studio Headphones by Soundsgoodtome
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...