I've really got my eyes (ears) set on the OPPO HA-1 and Audeze LCD-XC combo. I'm thinking that will be my nirvana. Pending the wife's approval, of course.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD2000tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-Lambda (Λ)tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 2/24/15 at 12:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Upgrade Ideas from Denon AH-D7000 Last post on 11/5/13 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost-no-object cans Last post on 1/28/11 at 4:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
Disclaimer: I am in not associated with any company; my views are mine, and my own. The Thinksound Rain2 is the newest IEM produced and designed by the environmentally friendly company...
Introduction: When I first came accross the AudioMinor in e-bay I was surprised that the seller is located in the country where I live: Turkey. I have contacted with the company owner/ebay...
For those if you who know me, you know i prefer the FR curve to be as neutral as possible. I have the Etymotic ER4s (ER4p with Etymotic's 75 ohm converter cable), had the HF5, and tried many...
Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? - Page 21post #301 of 3245/22/14 at 6:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #302 of 3245/22/14 at 8:43pm
+1 on the STAX SR-009
The T2 is something I'd really love to hear sometime. I still need to hear the Sony MDR-R10 and the Sennheiser HE90. Your collection, purk, has to be one of the very best on head-fi.post #303 of 3245/22/14 at 11:29pmQuote:
Thanks for your kind words. The SR009 is my favorite as well.post #304 of 3245/26/14 at 7:12ampost #305 of 3245/30/14 at 9:00am
I have found my headphone Nirvana this year :
Headphones Senns *HD800, HD650, HD600 & *Sure SRH1540
HP amplifier *Trafomatic Experience Head One
Integrated amp Kenwood KA-8006, 70wpc, (1974)
Source TEAC PD-H600 CD player, w/Burr Brown PCM1796 D/A converter, 192kHz/24-bit
* Added this year
Edited by Old Groucho - 5/30/14 at 6:10pmpost #306 of 3247/2/14 at 1:37pmpost #307 of 3247/5/14 at 5:52ampost #308 of 3247/5/14 at 6:11pmQuote:
Which one do you choose?
With any of those three, you have a desert island headphone. I'm guessing you probably chose the HE90post #309 of 3247/6/14 at 6:03ampost #310 of 3247/6/14 at 3:39pmQuote:
Best value for the money headphone? Wow, it really must sound great.post #311 of 3247/7/14 at 10:30pmThread StarterQuote:
DAMNNNNN. Everybody is jealous of you.
Lacking a HD800 though :Ppost #312 of 3247/10/14 at 2:55amThere can be only one. Rega Saturn CD player Vincent KHV-1 amp with mullard long plate 12au7 tubes.
Transparent super RCA and Transparent power cords and Ipad to HRT streamer. And the Beyerdynamic T1.
I have tried many others this is the best I have heard and a good place to stop. In fact to my old ears a perfect
place to stop.
In fact this set up is so good. The other headphones I had Audeze and Sennheise HD-600 I gave them both away.
Not sold them to someone I gave them away. This is not only the best it is the last rig for me and the only one I will need.
In my opinion the T-1 are that good if properly amped and fed the right stuff. Not saying this is for every one. Just this Kid.
Edited by cavedave - 7/10/14 at 5:56ampost #313 of 3247/11/14 at 10:27amDont know what is audio nirvana..but i have a feeling what i have is for me what states almost audio nirvana..
I have the rare Referencesounds Code-X headphone (only black woody one of the 20 ever made) and a custommade headphoneamp..the Blue Circle Audio PaG...at this moment i cant ask for more
Edited by hifimanrookie - 7/11/14 at 11:14ampost #314 of 3249/9/14 at 4:26am
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Anyone have any experience with the Audio-gd amps and DACs? 3 minutes ago
- › Comply Foam Tips for Cleaning Your Ears 4 minutes ago
- › Replacement IEM for my Klipsch Image S4? 4 minutes ago
- › Equalizer, use or not to use 4 minutes ago
- › It is odd but not peculiar... 5 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › Schiit Vali by CEE TEE
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by ClieOS
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3