I've really got my eyes (ears) set on the OPPO HA-1 and Audeze LCD-XC combo. I'm thinking that will be my nirvana. Pending the wife's approval, of course.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD2000tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-Lambda (Λ)tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 4/16/15 at 3:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Upgrade Ideas from Denon AH-D7000 Last post on 11/5/13 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost-no-object cans Last post on 1/28/11 at 4:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
The PM3 is Oppo's 3rd headphone offering, a closed back planar magnetic. Thank you to @Jiffy Squid and Oppo for allowing us Head-fiers to audition these at the comfort of our own home and time,...
How much more can we possibly hear? At some point audio, and personal audio by default, becomes a continual series of efforts to throw oneself over the walls of the physical world. We try...
Before reading below, please check out my video review of the Focal XS 2.1 Satellites on YouTube. Please also support the channel by liking the video and sharing it with your friends! A sub won't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Looks could be very deceiving, especially when it comes to...
Hello, I own the current Sansa for about 3 years, so I can say I am very familiar with it. Bad start So... When I happened to own Cowon Iaudio 9 I took this guy for a minute and...
Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? - Page 21post #301 of 3245/22/14 at 6:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #302 of 3245/22/14 at 8:43pm
+1 on the STAX SR-009
The T2 is something I'd really love to hear sometime. I still need to hear the Sony MDR-R10 and the Sennheiser HE90. Your collection, purk, has to be one of the very best on head-fi.post #303 of 3245/22/14 at 11:29pmQuote:
Thanks for your kind words. The SR009 is my favorite as well.post #304 of 3245/26/14 at 7:12ampost #305 of 3245/30/14 at 9:00am
I have found my headphone Nirvana this year :
Headphones Senns *HD800, HD650, HD600 & *Sure SRH1540
HP amplifier *Trafomatic Experience Head One
Integrated amp Kenwood KA-8006, 70wpc, (1974)
Source TEAC PD-H600 CD player, w/Burr Brown PCM1796 D/A converter, 192kHz/24-bit
* Added this year
Edited by Old Groucho - 5/30/14 at 6:10pmpost #306 of 3247/2/14 at 1:37pmpost #307 of 3247/5/14 at 5:52ampost #308 of 3247/5/14 at 6:11pmQuote:
Which one do you choose?
With any of those three, you have a desert island headphone. I'm guessing you probably chose the HE90post #309 of 3247/6/14 at 6:03ampost #310 of 3247/6/14 at 3:39pmQuote:
Best value for the money headphone? Wow, it really must sound great.post #311 of 3247/7/14 at 10:30pmThread StarterQuote:
DAMNNNNN. Everybody is jealous of you.
Lacking a HD800 though :Ppost #312 of 3247/10/14 at 2:55amThere can be only one. Rega Saturn CD player Vincent KHV-1 amp with mullard long plate 12au7 tubes.
Transparent super RCA and Transparent power cords and Ipad to HRT streamer. And the Beyerdynamic T1.
I have tried many others this is the best I have heard and a good place to stop. In fact to my old ears a perfect
place to stop.
In fact this set up is so good. The other headphones I had Audeze and Sennheise HD-600 I gave them both away.
Not sold them to someone I gave them away. This is not only the best it is the last rig for me and the only one I will need.
In my opinion the T-1 are that good if properly amped and fed the right stuff. Not saying this is for every one. Just this Kid.
Edited by cavedave - 7/10/14 at 5:56ampost #313 of 3247/11/14 at 10:27amDont know what is audio nirvana..but i have a feeling what i have is for me what states almost audio nirvana..
I have the rare Referencesounds Code-X headphone (only black woody one of the 20 ever made) and a custommade headphoneamp..the Blue Circle Audio PaG...at this moment i cant ask for more
Edited by hifimanrookie - 7/11/14 at 11:14ampost #314 of 3249/9/14 at 4:26am
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 5 seconds ago
- › Help me chose closed over the ear headphones in between 100-200$ 30 seconds ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 50 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 53 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 55 seconds ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Help Choosing IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet Sat May 2nd 2015 5 minutes ago
- › Cant change my avatar <- Read your welcome PM please. 5 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by whitemass
- › Somic Head-band Music Audio Headphone Earphone Headset MH489 by PearlyBoy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2