I've really got my eyes (ears) set on the OPPO HA-1 and Audeze LCD-XC combo. I'm thinking that will be my nirvana. Pending the wife's approval, of course.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD2000tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-Lambda (Λ)tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 4/16/16 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Upgrade Ideas from Denon AH-D7000 Last post on 11/5/13 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost-no-object cans Last post on 1/28/11 at 4:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
ZMF OMNI - REVIEW Zach and Luke are Ortho Docs Disclaimer: No mercy… though the Omni is merciful I really think the Omni can hold up to scrutiny very well. While I have been a long time...
After deciding that I’d need about $1K to get the sound I was after, I was getting frustrated with the IEM world. After all, I could just buy the OPPO PM3 for $400, call it a day, and deal with the...
Introduction I've been writing many reviews for local audiophile sites of my country so I decided to write one for head-fi too. Subject is Ostry KC06. (a.k.a Giant Slayer) Sources used: LG...
Obravo erib-2a Review April 2016 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sources used: Sony ZX1 Walkman, HP X360 Spectre with MS Win 10 laptop, Tag...
Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? - Page 21post #301 of 3255/22/14 at 6:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #302 of 3255/22/14 at 8:43pm
+1 on the STAX SR-009
The T2 is something I'd really love to hear sometime. I still need to hear the Sony MDR-R10 and the Sennheiser HE90. Your collection, purk, has to be one of the very best on head-fi.post #303 of 3255/22/14 at 11:29pmQuote:
Thanks for your kind words. The SR009 is my favorite as well.post #304 of 3255/26/14 at 7:12ampost #305 of 3255/30/14 at 9:00am
I have found my headphone Nirvana this year :
Headphones Senns *HD800, HD650, HD600 & *Sure SRH1540
HP amplifier *Trafomatic Experience Head One
Integrated amp Kenwood KA-8006, 70wpc, (1974)
Source TEAC PD-H600 CD player, w/Burr Brown PCM1796 D/A converter, 192kHz/24-bit
* Added this year
Edited by BobG55 - 5/30/14 at 6:10pmpost #306 of 3257/2/14 at 1:37pmpost #307 of 3257/5/14 at 5:52ampost #308 of 3257/5/14 at 6:11pmQuote:
Which one do you choose?
With any of those three, you have a desert island headphone. I'm guessing you probably chose the HE90post #309 of 3257/6/14 at 6:03ampost #310 of 3257/6/14 at 3:39pmQuote:
Best value for the money headphone? Wow, it really must sound great.post #311 of 3257/7/14 at 10:30pmThread StarterQuote:
DAMNNNNN. Everybody is jealous of you.
Lacking a HD800 though :Ppost #312 of 3257/10/14 at 2:55amThere can be only one. Rega Saturn CD player Vincent KHV-1 amp with mullard long plate 12au7 tubes.
Transparent super RCA and Transparent power cords and Ipad to HRT streamer. And the Beyerdynamic T1.
I have tried many others this is the best I have heard and a good place to stop. In fact to my old ears a perfect
place to stop.
In fact this set up is so good. The other headphones I had Audeze and Sennheise HD-600 I gave them both away.
Not sold them to someone I gave them away. This is not only the best it is the last rig for me and the only one I will need.
In my opinion the T-1 are that good if properly amped and fed the right stuff. Not saying this is for every one. Just this Kid.
Edited by cavedave - 7/10/14 at 5:56ampost #313 of 3257/11/14 at 10:27amDont know what is audio nirvana..but i have a feeling what i have is for me what states almost audio nirvana..
I have the rare Referencesounds Code-X headphone (only black woody one of the 20 ever made) and a custommade headphoneamp..the Blue Circle Audio PaG...at this moment i cant ask for more
Edited by hifimanrookie - 7/11/14 at 11:14ampost #314 of 3259/9/14 at 4:26am
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 3 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 1 minute ago
- › Uncompressed Lossless (WAV) vs Compressed (FLAC / ALAC) - O/T... 2 minutes ago
- › Albuquerque April 2016 meet impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 6 minutes ago
- › Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital... 6 minutes ago
- › 2x Oppo HA-1 Problems 6 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › Unique Melody UM Maestro 12 driver IEM by shotgunshane
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Kon Peki
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by k4rstar
- › Campfire Audio Orion by emptymt
- › 64 Audio (1964 Ears) ADEL U6 by Brooko
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse