I haven't found my headphone nirvana yet, but I believe a quality source improves the SQ of any headphone.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD2000tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-Lambda (Λ)tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 8/30/15 at 4:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Upgrade Ideas from Denon AH-D7000 Last post on 11/5/13 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost-no-object cans Last post on 1/28/11 at 4:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might know JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? - Page 10post #136 of 32412/16/12 at 7:00am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 32412/17/12 at 2:00ampost #138 of 32412/17/12 at 12:28pmpost #139 of 32412/22/12 at 5:01pmpost #140 of 32412/23/12 at 12:54pmpost #141 of 32412/23/12 at 1:01pmpost #142 of 32412/23/12 at 1:30pmpost #143 of 3241/3/13 at 10:13pmmy nirvana: TH-900+BHA-1
I heared a lot of cans including 007, 009, HD800, LCD3, HE-6, T1, GS1000, K701, ...
Only sennheiser orpheus was also nirvana :-)
I am interested what model sennheiser will release in about 2 years (2 cans similar to orpheus ... rumors...should be released...)post #144 of 3241/3/13 at 10:17pmpost #145 of 3241/3/13 at 11:04pmI've settled on...
Amarra / iTunes > Buffalo 32 DAC > KGSSHV > SR-007 MK 1 (S/N 70060).
I've been content with the set-up for around 9 months or so. If I was to throw coin at it now I'd re-build the DAC with the latest iteration of the Buffalo DAC from Twisted Pair Audio.post #146 of 3241/3/13 at 11:04pmQuote:
I almost schiit bricks when I looked at your sig and saw that your powering your HD800 and HE-6 off the X-100 power amp, thank goodness I looked at your actual post after this haha.post #147 of 3241/6/13 at 11:58am
pretty satisfied with what i have now which is nothing comparing to you guys, my combo is also portable which is ibasso dx100>sony z1000. im sure i will itch with upgraditis in no time thoughpost #148 of 3241/14/13 at 3:09pmI have,
Grado ps500... It plays any trance fine, and I'm listening to some ambient / psy chill right now, something I have never done before, just an amazing sound from the deepest drum, to the highest notes... My bose qc3 is no where near this clarity... Neither my shure 535 inner ears...
The grado ps 500 is another order of magnitude by farpost #149 of 3241/14/13 at 3:51pm
I think I've found my audio nirvana, in the Burson Conductor & ATH-W3000ANV combination.
Such a luscious, musical sound.. makes me smile every time. If someone told me I couldn't upgrade for the rest of my life I don't think I would be too disappointed :)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 16 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Schiit Modi USB (original version) 26 seconds ago
- › AMP / DAC Combo Recommendations - MacBook-AMP/DAC-BookShelf Speakers. 33 seconds ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 57 seconds ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber w/ USB Gen 2 - mint condition 2 minutes ago
- › Icon Audio HP8/MP 3 2 minutes ago
- › 25% OFF End of Summer Sale! Going on Now! 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2