I haven't found my headphone nirvana yet, but I believe a quality source improves the SQ of any headphone.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD2000tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-Lambda (Λ)tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on Yesterday at 7:06 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Upgrade Ideas from Denon AH-D7000 Last post on 11/5/13 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost-no-object cans Last post on 1/28/11 at 4:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? - Page 10
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 32512/17/12 at 2:00ampost #138 of 32512/17/12 at 12:28pmpost #139 of 32512/22/12 at 5:01pmpost #140 of 32512/23/12 at 12:54pmpost #141 of 32512/23/12 at 1:01pmpost #142 of 32512/23/12 at 1:30pmpost #143 of 3251/3/13 at 10:13pmmy nirvana: TH-900+BHA-1
I heared a lot of cans including 007, 009, HD800, LCD3, HE-6, T1, GS1000, K701, ...
Only sennheiser orpheus was also nirvana :-)
I am interested what model sennheiser will release in about 2 years (2 cans similar to orpheus ... rumors...should be released...)post #144 of 3251/3/13 at 10:17pmpost #145 of 3251/3/13 at 11:04pmI've settled on...
Amarra / iTunes > Buffalo 32 DAC > KGSSHV > SR-007 MK 1 (S/N 70060).
I've been content with the set-up for around 9 months or so. If I was to throw coin at it now I'd re-build the DAC with the latest iteration of the Buffalo DAC from Twisted Pair Audio.post #146 of 3251/3/13 at 11:04pmQuote:
I almost schiit bricks when I looked at your sig and saw that your powering your HD800 and HE-6 off the X-100 power amp, thank goodness I looked at your actual post after this haha.post #147 of 3251/6/13 at 11:58am
pretty satisfied with what i have now which is nothing comparing to you guys, my combo is also portable which is ibasso dx100>sony z1000. im sure i will itch with upgraditis in no time thoughpost #148 of 3251/14/13 at 3:09pmI have,
Grado ps500... It plays any trance fine, and I'm listening to some ambient / psy chill right now, something I have never done before, just an amazing sound from the deepest drum, to the highest notes... My bose qc3 is no where near this clarity... Neither my shure 535 inner ears...
The grado ps 500 is another order of magnitude by farpost #149 of 3251/14/13 at 3:51pm
I think I've found my audio nirvana, in the Burson Conductor & ATH-W3000ANV combination.
Such a luscious, musical sound.. makes me smile every time. If someone told me I couldn't upgrade for the rest of my life I don't think I would be too disappointed :)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 28 seconds ago
- › Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread 52 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Denon AH-7200 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear