I haven't found my headphone nirvana yet, but I believe a quality source improves the SQ of any headphone.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD2000tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-Lambda (Λ)tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on Today at 9:25 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Upgrade Ideas from Denon AH-D7000 Last post on 11/5/13 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost-no-object cans Last post on 1/28/11 at 4:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? - Page 10post #136 of 32412/16/12 at 7:00am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 32412/17/12 at 2:00ampost #138 of 32412/17/12 at 12:28pmpost #139 of 32412/22/12 at 5:01pmpost #140 of 32412/23/12 at 12:54pmpost #141 of 32412/23/12 at 1:01pmpost #142 of 32412/23/12 at 1:30pmpost #143 of 3241/3/13 at 10:13pmmy nirvana: TH-900+BHA-1
I heared a lot of cans including 007, 009, HD800, LCD3, HE-6, T1, GS1000, K701, ...
Only sennheiser orpheus was also nirvana :-)
I am interested what model sennheiser will release in about 2 years (2 cans similar to orpheus ... rumors...should be released...)post #144 of 3241/3/13 at 10:17pmpost #145 of 3241/3/13 at 11:04pmI've settled on...
Amarra / iTunes > Buffalo 32 DAC > KGSSHV > SR-007 MK 1 (S/N 70060).
I've been content with the set-up for around 9 months or so. If I was to throw coin at it now I'd re-build the DAC with the latest iteration of the Buffalo DAC from Twisted Pair Audio.post #146 of 3241/3/13 at 11:04pmQuote:
I almost schiit bricks when I looked at your sig and saw that your powering your HD800 and HE-6 off the X-100 power amp, thank goodness I looked at your actual post after this haha.post #147 of 3241/6/13 at 11:58am
pretty satisfied with what i have now which is nothing comparing to you guys, my combo is also portable which is ibasso dx100>sony z1000. im sure i will itch with upgraditis in no time thoughpost #148 of 3241/14/13 at 3:09pmI have,
Grado ps500... It plays any trance fine, and I'm listening to some ambient / psy chill right now, something I have never done before, just an amazing sound from the deepest drum, to the highest notes... My bose qc3 is no where near this clarity... Neither my shure 535 inner ears...
The grado ps 500 is another order of magnitude by farpost #149 of 3241/14/13 at 3:51pm
I think I've found my audio nirvana, in the Burson Conductor & ATH-W3000ANV combination.
Such a luscious, musical sound.. makes me smile every time. If someone told me I couldn't upgrade for the rest of my life I don't think I would be too disappointed :)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 17 seconds ago
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre SPDIF DAC with headphone amplifier? 35 seconds ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 59 seconds ago
- › HIFIMAN HE6 or STAX SR-507...which to choose, and why? 1 minute ago
- › [NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7) 1 minute ago
- › whats so special about planar magnetic headphones 1 minute ago
- › [~100$] What should I replace my Sony MDR-7506 for ? (lacking bass,... 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Hidizs' new product AP300 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by grizzlybeast
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by nauhid
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2