Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? - Page 9

post #121 of 322

No such thing as a nirvana and there is nothing that is perfect.

post #122 of 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by estreeter View Post

That is based on the assumption that every 'upgrade' represents sufficient improvement to justify continually buying more kit. I simply reject the whole concept of an 'end-game rig' (which is what 'achieving nirvana implies to me) co-existing with ongoing participation on an internet forum dedicated to new product. None of the above is 'evil' - but it is delusional, IMO. I'm sure this thread wasnt intended to be quite so serious, but there is a sad little auditor inside me that feels the need to chime in from time to time - pretty much everyone here is a hopeless addict, and the first step is always acceptance.  ;)

 

Thank you.  Also, it's been bothering me for a while, so I'll just point it out.  The original nirvana, in Sanskrit, is defined thus: "The word literally means 'blown out' (as in a candle) and refers, in the Buddhist context, to the imperturbable stillness of mind after the fires of desire, aversion, and delusion have been finally extinguished" or even simpler "the profound peace of mind that is acquired with moksha (liberation)." 

 

Your understanding above is actually closest to Nirvana technically.

post #123 of 322

So we rename the thread "A Philosophical treatise on HP Satisfaction"  tongue.gif

 

I do enjoy HF as a way to become aware of products I would likely never see locally. I also love the independent innovation from the vendors and MOT around here. Some great work being done and it gets recognized and enjoyed. Tough for people to become aware of a small independent producers work prior to forums like this.

post #124 of 322

Or "Has anyone found a semi-permanent cure to their headphone neurosis yet?"  =]

post #125 of 322

"Desire nothing and you’re content with everything." – Ryokan

post #126 of 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by estreeter View Post

That is based on the assumption that every 'upgrade' represents sufficient improvement to justify continually buying more kit.
Reminds me of a poster who said Head-Fi is great for getting your first pair of nice headphones, but stay away after that first pair or you will be stuck here forever.


Edited by Draygonn - 12/14/12 at 8:33am
post #127 of 322

Yup. Pointless bringing Buddism in here where material things are pleasing us. But the "nirvana" that is loosely used, should be the ultimate personal listening experience. You can get that with SR60's no probs.

post #128 of 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

But the "nirvana" that is loosely used, should be the ultimate personal listening experience. You can get that with SR60's no probs.

Exactly. An SR-009 may be the best for some people, but it may not be for other's and a few comes to mind.

post #129 of 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

Yup. Pointless bringing Buddism in here where material things are pleasing us. But the "nirvana" that is loosely used, should be the ultimate personal listening experience. You can get that with SR60's no probs.

 

I dont have a problem with that, but I still have a problem with the very concept of an 'end-game' rig. Resistance is futile. 

 

post #130 of 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by estreeter View Post

 

I dont have a problem with that, but I still have a problem with the very concept of an 'end-game' rig. Resistance is futile. 

 

Ha, that is true. I also think that this hobby keeps a lot of us on the straight and narrow. If I didn't focus all my "Obsessive Disorder" on trying to find audio perfection, I would be probably be an amazingly annoying person.

post #131 of 322

Fair point - our madness is still preferable to the madness of others. I wont introduce politics into this thread, but I believe we all feel diminished by recent events. RIP. 

post #132 of 322

Well said, estreeter.

post #133 of 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

If I didn't focus all my "Obsessive Disorder" on trying to find audio perfection, I would be probably be an amazingly annoying person.

 

You mean you're not now? tongue.gif

post #134 of 322
Very happy with my Fostex TH900 best H/P IMHO I've listened to so far. Always enjoyable sound signature I feel they would come very close to headphone nirvana.
post #135 of 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by pp312 View Post

 

You mean you're not now? tongue.gif

I knew someone would say that biggrin.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet?