No such thing as a nirvana and there is nothing that is perfect.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD2000tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-Lambda (Λ)tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 4/16/16 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Upgrade Ideas from Denon AH-D7000 Last post on 11/5/13 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost-no-object cans Last post on 1/28/11 at 4:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
T-PEOS RASIEL Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/807332/t-peos-rasiel-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Finder X1...
The E5 is so close to being a giant killer but it has a few major flaws in my opinion. This is a technically oriented review. I like neutral sound signatures and bit perfect playback. I don't...
"Massdrop Blue Box - NuForce HEM IEMs" special drop pricing = $169.99*; Actual MSRP = $399.00 (I joined the drop on Massdrop and received the HEM6; LINK. You can find these and the other...
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
-- I give you Lend Me UR Ears house brand Alpha & Delta D2 Sports Earphone: **A few Disclaimers to get out of the way here**: #1 – I was approached by Lend Me UR Ears to review the...
Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? - Page 9post #121 of 32512/14/12 at 3:15am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 32512/14/12 at 4:50amQuote:Originally Posted by estreeter
That is based on the assumption that every 'upgrade' represents sufficient improvement to justify continually buying more kit. I simply reject the whole concept of an 'end-game rig' (which is what 'achieving nirvana implies to me) co-existing with ongoing participation on an internet forum dedicated to new product. None of the above is 'evil' - but it is delusional, IMO. I'm sure this thread wasnt intended to be quite so serious, but there is a sad little auditor inside me that feels the need to chime in from time to time - pretty much everyone here is a hopeless addict, and the first step is always acceptance. ;)
Thank you. Also, it's been bothering me for a while, so I'll just point it out. The original nirvana, in Sanskrit, is defined thus: "The word literally means 'blown out' (as in a candle) and refers, in the Buddhist context, to the imperturbable stillness of mind after the fires of desire, aversion, and delusion have been finally extinguished" or even simpler "the profound peace of mind that is acquired with moksha (liberation)."
Your understanding above is actually closest to Nirvana technically.post #123 of 32512/14/12 at 5:33am
So we rename the thread "A Philosophical treatise on HP Satisfaction"
I do enjoy HF as a way to become aware of products I would likely never see locally. I also love the independent innovation from the vendors and MOT around here. Some great work being done and it gets recognized and enjoyed. Tough for people to become aware of a small independent producers work prior to forums like this.post #124 of 32512/14/12 at 5:40ampost #125 of 32512/14/12 at 7:02ampost #126 of 32512/14/12 at 8:31amQuote:Reminds me of a poster who said Head-Fi is great for getting your first pair of nice headphones, but stay away after that first pair or you will be stuck here forever.
Edited by Draygonn - 12/14/12 at 8:33ampost #127 of 32512/14/12 at 1:15pm
Yup. Pointless bringing Buddism in here where material things are pleasing us. But the "nirvana" that is loosely used, should be the ultimate personal listening experience. You can get that with SR60's no probs.post #128 of 32512/14/12 at 6:48pmQuote:
Exactly. An SR-009 may be the best for some people, but it may not be for other's and a few comes to mind.post #129 of 32512/15/12 at 2:58amQuote:
I dont have a problem with that, but I still have a problem with the very concept of an 'end-game' rig. Resistance is futile.post #130 of 32512/15/12 at 5:21amQuote:
Ha, that is true. I also think that this hobby keeps a lot of us on the straight and narrow. If I didn't focus all my "Obsessive Disorder" on trying to find audio perfection, I would be probably be an amazingly annoying person.post #131 of 32512/15/12 at 12:49pm
Fair point - our madness is still preferable to the madness of others. I wont introduce politics into this thread, but I believe we all feel diminished by recent events. RIP.post #132 of 32512/15/12 at 4:51pmpost #133 of 32512/15/12 at 4:51pmQuote:
You mean you're not now?post #134 of 32512/16/12 at 1:36am
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread 11 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 11 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 13 seconds ago
- › Alpha & Delta D2 Impressions 27 seconds ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 40 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 53 seconds ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 1 minute ago
- › Budge of 450$, I listen to all kinds of style of music, has to be... 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by mark2410
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by vapman
- › NuForce HEM6 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Triple... by Hi-Fi EDU
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...