No such thing as a nirvana and there is nothing that is perfect.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD2000tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-Lambda (Λ)tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 9/26/16 at 6:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Upgrade Ideas from Denon AH-D7000 Last post on 11/5/13 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost-no-object cans Last post on 1/28/11 at 4:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Preamble: Before I begin with my review, I’d like to take the time to thank Jeongjae from DIGNIS for providing me with a sample of the LAETUS case for the Chord Electronics Mojo DAC-Amp...
Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? - Page 9post #121 of 32512/14/12 at 3:15am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 32512/14/12 at 4:50amQuote:Originally Posted by estreeter
That is based on the assumption that every 'upgrade' represents sufficient improvement to justify continually buying more kit. I simply reject the whole concept of an 'end-game rig' (which is what 'achieving nirvana implies to me) co-existing with ongoing participation on an internet forum dedicated to new product. None of the above is 'evil' - but it is delusional, IMO. I'm sure this thread wasnt intended to be quite so serious, but there is a sad little auditor inside me that feels the need to chime in from time to time - pretty much everyone here is a hopeless addict, and the first step is always acceptance. ;)
Thank you. Also, it's been bothering me for a while, so I'll just point it out. The original nirvana, in Sanskrit, is defined thus: "The word literally means 'blown out' (as in a candle) and refers, in the Buddhist context, to the imperturbable stillness of mind after the fires of desire, aversion, and delusion have been finally extinguished" or even simpler "the profound peace of mind that is acquired with moksha (liberation)."
Your understanding above is actually closest to Nirvana technically.post #123 of 32512/14/12 at 5:33am
So we rename the thread "A Philosophical treatise on HP Satisfaction"
I do enjoy HF as a way to become aware of products I would likely never see locally. I also love the independent innovation from the vendors and MOT around here. Some great work being done and it gets recognized and enjoyed. Tough for people to become aware of a small independent producers work prior to forums like this.post #124 of 32512/14/12 at 5:40ampost #125 of 32512/14/12 at 7:02ampost #126 of 32512/14/12 at 8:31amQuote:Reminds me of a poster who said Head-Fi is great for getting your first pair of nice headphones, but stay away after that first pair or you will be stuck here forever.
Edited by Draygonn - 12/14/12 at 8:33ampost #127 of 32512/14/12 at 1:15pm
Yup. Pointless bringing Buddism in here where material things are pleasing us. But the "nirvana" that is loosely used, should be the ultimate personal listening experience. You can get that with SR60's no probs.post #128 of 32512/14/12 at 6:48pmQuote:
Exactly. An SR-009 may be the best for some people, but it may not be for other's and a few comes to mind.post #129 of 32512/15/12 at 2:58amQuote:
I dont have a problem with that, but I still have a problem with the very concept of an 'end-game' rig. Resistance is futile.post #130 of 32512/15/12 at 5:21amQuote:
Ha, that is true. I also think that this hobby keeps a lot of us on the straight and narrow. If I didn't focus all my "Obsessive Disorder" on trying to find audio perfection, I would be probably be an amazingly annoying person.post #131 of 32512/15/12 at 12:49pm
Fair point - our madness is still preferable to the madness of others. I wont introduce politics into this thread, but I believe we all feel diminished by recent events. RIP.post #132 of 32512/15/12 at 4:51pmpost #133 of 32512/15/12 at 4:51pmQuote:
You mean you're not now?post #134 of 32512/16/12 at 1:36am
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 7 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 8 seconds ago
- › 2016 Autumn Tokyo Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival October 22-23 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › **PRICE REDUCED** MrSpeakers Ether C v1.1 (No Cable) 3 minutes ago
- › For sale: Schiit Asgard 2, bought 3/15 3 minutes ago
- › B&O P7 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...