No such thing as a nirvana and there is nothing that is perfect.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD2000tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-Lambda (Λ)tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade Ideas from Denon AH-D7000 Last post on 11/5/13 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost-no-object cans Last post on 1/28/11 at 4:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Who has an end game setup? Last post on 4/3/14 at 11:13pm in High-end Audio Forum
Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? - Page 9post #121 of 31312/14/12 at 3:15am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 31312/14/12 at 4:50amQuote:Originally Posted by estreeter
That is based on the assumption that every 'upgrade' represents sufficient improvement to justify continually buying more kit. I simply reject the whole concept of an 'end-game rig' (which is what 'achieving nirvana implies to me) co-existing with ongoing participation on an internet forum dedicated to new product. None of the above is 'evil' - but it is delusional, IMO. I'm sure this thread wasnt intended to be quite so serious, but there is a sad little auditor inside me that feels the need to chime in from time to time - pretty much everyone here is a hopeless addict, and the first step is always acceptance. ;)
Thank you. Also, it's been bothering me for a while, so I'll just point it out. The original nirvana, in Sanskrit, is defined thus: "The word literally means 'blown out' (as in a candle) and refers, in the Buddhist context, to the imperturbable stillness of mind after the fires of desire, aversion, and delusion have been finally extinguished" or even simpler "the profound peace of mind that is acquired with moksha (liberation)."
Your understanding above is actually closest to Nirvana technically.post #123 of 31312/14/12 at 5:33am
So we rename the thread "A Philosophical treatise on HP Satisfaction"
I do enjoy HF as a way to become aware of products I would likely never see locally. I also love the independent innovation from the vendors and MOT around here. Some great work being done and it gets recognized and enjoyed. Tough for people to become aware of a small independent producers work prior to forums like this.post #124 of 31312/14/12 at 5:40ampost #125 of 31312/14/12 at 7:02ampost #126 of 31312/14/12 at 8:31amQuote:Reminds me of a poster who said Head-Fi is great for getting your first pair of nice headphones, but stay away after that first pair or you will be stuck here forever.
Edited by Draygonn - 12/14/12 at 8:33ampost #127 of 31312/14/12 at 1:15pm
Yup. Pointless bringing Buddism in here where material things are pleasing us. But the "nirvana" that is loosely used, should be the ultimate personal listening experience. You can get that with SR60's no probs.post #128 of 31312/14/12 at 6:48pmQuote:
Exactly. An SR-009 may be the best for some people, but it may not be for other's and a few comes to mind.post #129 of 31312/15/12 at 2:58amQuote:
I dont have a problem with that, but I still have a problem with the very concept of an 'end-game' rig. Resistance is futile.post #130 of 31312/15/12 at 5:21amQuote:
Ha, that is true. I also think that this hobby keeps a lot of us on the straight and narrow. If I didn't focus all my "Obsessive Disorder" on trying to find audio perfection, I would be probably be an amazingly annoying person.post #131 of 31312/15/12 at 12:49pmpost #132 of 31312/15/12 at 4:51pmpost #133 of 31312/15/12 at 4:51pmQuote:
You mean you're not now?post #134 of 31312/16/12 at 1:36amVery happy with my Fostex TH900 best H/P IMHO I've listened to so far. Always enjoyable sound signature I feel they would come very close to headphone nirvana.
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 7 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Herbies Audio Lab Iso-Cup w/SuperSonic Hardball 12 minutes ago
- › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl... 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)