No such thing as a nirvana and there is nothing that is perfect.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD2000tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productStax SR-Lambda (Λ)tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on Yesterday at 3:31 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Upgrade Ideas from Denon AH-D7000 Last post on 11/5/13 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost-no-object cans Last post on 1/28/11 at 4:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Acknowledgment Thanks to @Tony-Hifi of HiFi headphones for making me review this desktop DAC/Amp as a favour. I love reviewing loaners, but it’s always sad to package and send them off...
Hi Head-Fi/Vibro Labs fans, I was the second stop on the Aria tour, and I've had a great week reviewing them. This post will contain some of my thoughts and impressions, and I'll be touching on...
Ok I have been using a pair of these for several years. I logged on because there are way too many positive reviews of these things. Firstly: everything I mix on these is significantly...
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? - Page 9post #121 of 32512/14/12 at 3:15am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 32512/14/12 at 4:50amQuote:Originally Posted by estreeter
That is based on the assumption that every 'upgrade' represents sufficient improvement to justify continually buying more kit. I simply reject the whole concept of an 'end-game rig' (which is what 'achieving nirvana implies to me) co-existing with ongoing participation on an internet forum dedicated to new product. None of the above is 'evil' - but it is delusional, IMO. I'm sure this thread wasnt intended to be quite so serious, but there is a sad little auditor inside me that feels the need to chime in from time to time - pretty much everyone here is a hopeless addict, and the first step is always acceptance. ;)
Thank you. Also, it's been bothering me for a while, so I'll just point it out. The original nirvana, in Sanskrit, is defined thus: "The word literally means 'blown out' (as in a candle) and refers, in the Buddhist context, to the imperturbable stillness of mind after the fires of desire, aversion, and delusion have been finally extinguished" or even simpler "the profound peace of mind that is acquired with moksha (liberation)."
Your understanding above is actually closest to Nirvana technically.post #123 of 32512/14/12 at 5:33am
So we rename the thread "A Philosophical treatise on HP Satisfaction"
I do enjoy HF as a way to become aware of products I would likely never see locally. I also love the independent innovation from the vendors and MOT around here. Some great work being done and it gets recognized and enjoyed. Tough for people to become aware of a small independent producers work prior to forums like this.post #124 of 32512/14/12 at 5:40ampost #125 of 32512/14/12 at 7:02ampost #126 of 32512/14/12 at 8:31amQuote:Reminds me of a poster who said Head-Fi is great for getting your first pair of nice headphones, but stay away after that first pair or you will be stuck here forever.
Edited by Draygonn - 12/14/12 at 8:33ampost #127 of 32512/14/12 at 1:15pm
Yup. Pointless bringing Buddism in here where material things are pleasing us. But the "nirvana" that is loosely used, should be the ultimate personal listening experience. You can get that with SR60's no probs.post #128 of 32512/14/12 at 6:48pmQuote:
Exactly. An SR-009 may be the best for some people, but it may not be for other's and a few comes to mind.post #129 of 32512/15/12 at 2:58amQuote:
I dont have a problem with that, but I still have a problem with the very concept of an 'end-game' rig. Resistance is futile.post #130 of 32512/15/12 at 5:21amQuote:
Ha, that is true. I also think that this hobby keeps a lot of us on the straight and narrow. If I didn't focus all my "Obsessive Disorder" on trying to find audio perfection, I would be probably be an amazingly annoying person.post #131 of 32512/15/12 at 12:49pm
Fair point - our madness is still preferable to the madness of others. I wont introduce politics into this thread, but I believe we all feel diminished by recent events. RIP.post #132 of 32512/15/12 at 4:51pmpost #133 of 32512/15/12 at 4:51pmQuote:
You mean you're not now?post #134 of 32512/16/12 at 1:36am
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Transform your Journey - Sennheiser PXC 550 Wireless headphones... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 6 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 6 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 7 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 8 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 8 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...