I am looking for a mobile phone that combines a good DAP player. I am actually looking to buy secondhand under £350. Just now I have my eye on a secondhand Samsung Galaxy S (i9000) and an iPhone 4S 16GB. I have been tempted to buy the Samsung Galaxy S because of its Wolfson DAC and it is £200 cheaper than the iPhone 4S. However I have been looking at the iPhone 4S as I have read the SQ is very good. Any suggestions?
Related Forum Threads
- iPhone 4S & Galaxy S3: Measured performance (in decibels) Last post on 2/4/13 at 6:52pm in Portable Source Gear
- Samsung Galaxy S as dedicated source. Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:18am in Portable Source Gear
- Galaxy S i9000 - best quality: connecting to car via headphone out or streaming via bluetooth? Last post on 9/6/12 at 11:12am in Portable Source Gear
- Cheap upgrade from Galaxy S? Last post on 7/6/12 at 2:14am in Portable Source Gear
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) Last post on Today at 7:27 am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
Samsung Galaxy S (i9000) or iPhone 4/4S for mobile phone mp3 DAC player combo?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
if you don't mind looking further. You can get any of the Galaxy S variants (Infuse, Captivate, Nexus S....etc) and get the same Wolfson DAC. I personally like the Infuse (upgraded screen and camera). The Captivate is also a well built Galaxy S.
- Samsung Galaxy S (i9000) or iPhone 4/4S for mobile phone mp3 DAC player combo?
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 5 seconds ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 25 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 28 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 32 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 47 seconds ago
- › Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review 50 seconds ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 54 seconds ago
- › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like... 56 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob