- 5 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 8/29/12
- productDiamond External Xtreme Sound 7.1-Channel USB Audio Devicetagged by System, 8/29/12
- productGriffin 4019-FIRESS FireWave Surround Sound for Macstagged by System, 8/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- lost and seeking for help Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:12am in Headphones (full-size)
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
5.1 dolby digital surround sound from imac
Gear mentioned in this thread:
my iMac have S/PDIF output(mini Toslink) which is capable of output 5.1 as well as normal stereo 3.5mm output.
Yes I mainly use for movie watching with DVD or files in VIDEO_TS or mkv and sometimes listen to songs.
Your movie playback software *should* let you output AC-3 straight over the S/PDIF (TOSlink) output - you just need an external decoder. The ones you linked from Amazon should work, but they're likely to be extremely primitive; look for a theater decoder from the mid to late 1990s like the Technics SH-AC500D and go with that instead (it'll give you more configuration options); check Ebay.
Alright thanks a lot.
I think if I cant get the griffin one then I will go with this one.
Lets pray it actually works lol
The Griffin Firewave once drop to $30 but I miss the chance to buy it
Then I set up like this,
iMac -> optical digital output using mini Toslink -> the Xbox/ps3/ps2 DAC -> DAC output using 3 pairs of Y cable (2 RCA to a 3.5mm mini jack) and connect the to the back of the subwoofer of the speaker -> connect the other 6 satellite speakers from Subwoofer.
(so that i can control the volume of the whole set speaker via control on the subwoofer)
Is this setup correct and make real 5.1 surround sound finally?
Thanks again :)
You'll have to send a Dolby Digital signal out from the mac, which will be from a DVD or similar, for stereo music it will send out a stereo signal.
- 5.1 dolby digital surround sound from imac
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Anybody use E17 DAC with O2 amp? 3 seconds ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 25 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 47 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › IEM High Volume Accident 3 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)