- 5 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 8/29/12
- productDiamond External Xtreme Sound 7.1-Channel USB Audio Devicetagged by System, 8/29/12
- productGriffin 4019-FIRESS FireWave Surround Sound for Macstagged by System, 8/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- lost and seeking for help Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:12am in Headphones (full-size)
Related Head Gear
- Diamond External Xtreme Sound 7.1-Channel USB...No review yet.
- Griffin 4019-FIRESS FireWave Surround Sound for...No review yet.
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Packaging and build: The packaging is minimal and exquisitely so. The extra tips filters and manual are behind the felt coated foam holding the earphones. As I gingerly dislodged them from the...
5.1 dolby digital surround sound from imac
Gear mentioned in this thread:
my iMac have S/PDIF output(mini Toslink) which is capable of output 5.1 as well as normal stereo 3.5mm output.
Yes I mainly use for movie watching with DVD or files in VIDEO_TS or mkv and sometimes listen to songs.
Your movie playback software *should* let you output AC-3 straight over the S/PDIF (TOSlink) output - you just need an external decoder. The ones you linked from Amazon should work, but they're likely to be extremely primitive; look for a theater decoder from the mid to late 1990s like the Technics SH-AC500D and go with that instead (it'll give you more configuration options); check Ebay.
Alright thanks a lot.
I think if I cant get the griffin one then I will go with this one.
Lets pray it actually works lol
The Griffin Firewave once drop to $30 but I miss the chance to buy it
Then I set up like this,
iMac -> optical digital output using mini Toslink -> the Xbox/ps3/ps2 DAC -> DAC output using 3 pairs of Y cable (2 RCA to a 3.5mm mini jack) and connect the to the back of the subwoofer of the speaker -> connect the other 6 satellite speakers from Subwoofer.
(so that i can control the volume of the whole set speaker via control on the subwoofer)
Is this setup correct and make real 5.1 surround sound finally?
Thanks again :)
You'll have to send a Dolby Digital signal out from the mac, which will be from a DVD or similar, for stereo music it will send out a stereo signal.
- 5.1 dolby digital surround sound from imac
- › New! Focal Spirit Pro? 1 minute ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 In-Ear Monitors 2 minutes ago
- › New AKG flagship K812 first impression 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 4 minutes ago
- › "The New" Fiio X3 with USB DAC 4 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here! 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe