Related Forum Threads
- ART Legato and BNC to RCA: impedance matching-related question Last post on 6/3/13 at 7:13am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best-sounding source for amp/speakers? Last post on 8/28/12 at 5:17pm in Dedicated Source Components
- SPDIF connection between PC and DAC... Last post on 8/27/12 at 8:46am in Dedicated Source Components
- Computer/DAC vs. DAP as source component Last post on 8/26/12 at 2:12am in Dedicated Source Components
- Help finding DAC for Stax Lambda Pro Last post on 8/24/12 at 11:27pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Acknowledgment It’s always a privilege to check out new gear in exchange for your honest opinion. Thanks, iFi, for letting me in on this particular party. I’ve been borrowing this unit...
Introduction I have recently had the good fortune to review 1More’s excellent Triple Driver 1001 In Ear Monitors and their MK802 Bluetooth full-sized headphone and was left extremely impressed...
As the rabbit hole of summit-fi in-ear monitors gets deeper and deeper, I find myself encountering the same issues over and over. Most of the high end multiple armature driver in-ear monitors in...
MHDT Lab Stockholm Balanced DAC - Page 2post #16 of 248/31/12 at 8:47pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 2411/3/12 at 7:14ampost #18 of 2411/4/12 at 1:21amThread Starter
I sent it back to MHDT Labs and sold the Havana Balanced. I don't think either of these DACs are a good match for the McIntosh C2300, MC275 V combo. I also sold the McIntosh C2300. The Havana Balanced seems to have been a better match with the YS Audio Balanced A2SE preamp, but I can't say for sure since something in the YS Audio Preamp wasn't functioning properly. I did send it back to YS Audio where he said there is nothing wrong with the preamp, so it must have been the tubes. I told him, as long as he had the preamp opened up, please install new tubes. YS Audio also installed(at my request) russian JAN oil caps in the preamp. The preamp seems to be working okay except, every time I turn on my McIntosh MC275, it causes the relays in the preamp to "click" and the red light source indicator starts blinking.
Stevepost #19 of 2412/1/12 at 5:20am
Just found this thread ... thanks for your comments.
I'm a Stockholm user myself, and previously a Havana user. Both DACs mate very well with my particular rig.
That said, and as others have mentioned...it's very refreshing to hear some alternate opinions of these DACS. And although the gear didn't work well in your system, you nonetheless qualified in a way that made sense and very much explained specific reasons for why things didn't work.
Thanks again ... great comments ...
And I agree ... Juin and the rest of the MHDT folk are some of the most hospitable scene supporters (in regards to gear demos, etc.) that I've run in to ...
Also...a final word ... I agree with you 100% that the Stockholm is a tad more towards the lean side than the Havana but just barely (at least as perceptible in my particular system). I also hear this as a bit more emphasis on refined details and micro details. Further, the overall output of the Stockholm is slightly lower than that of the Havana ... upon first listen, this was a bit bothersome to me as, psychologically (psycho-aurally?) I had to get used to the extra notch of gain I needed to add at my amplifier volume to get the Stockholm to volume-match with the Havana (the latter having a slightly hotter/increased gain). Juin explained that this is simply a matter of the "core logic" (his words) of the Stockholm and totally normal.
Edited by s1rrah - 12/1/12 at 5:24ampost #20 of 2412/1/12 at 9:44pmThread Starterpost #21 of 2412/11/12 at 8:56ampost #22 of 2412/11/12 at 9:14amThread Starterpost #23 of 2412/11/12 at 10:32amQuote:The original Stockholm has only 1.1V output voltage which will cause some matching problem if the preamplifier has lesser impedance. The 2nd generation of the Stockholm will have 3.0V output voltage and increased current drive capacity.
Also, by many requests from all over the world, the 2nd generation of the Stockholm will be real no op-amp, and no feedback structure.
Stockholm est. release time: Jan, 2013
Balanced Stockholm est. release time: Mar, 2013
- MHDT Lab Stockholm Balanced DAC
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 36 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 53 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 2 minutes ago
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Earphone Review by mark2410 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 10 minutes ago
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear