Can you shed more light on this, plz? I'm looking at an E11 or E7/17 to use with Beyer 990 pro & M50s and the source is gonna be my PC(laptop). I'm interested in finding a setup that will give my headphones maximum umphh i.e. take them to their limit.
- productAsus XONAR DG CMI8786 Sound Cardtagged by System, 8/13/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/13/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 8/13/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- E7 vs E11 vs E17 - Which is the best purchase? Last post on 10/25/13 at 6:53pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD 650 help Last post on 6/4/14 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fiio e7 strong enough to power hifiman he-400? Last post on 8/11/12 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fiio E10 and E11 or Fiio E17 Only Last post on 7/8/12 at 12:52pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
- Headphone Impedance
New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The E11 is only a portable AMP.You can plug the E11 into the laptops headphone out jack. It will amplify that signal to the cans. If the laptop has a poor DAC/AMP, the E11 will amplify the poor quality signal. It will be louder, but sound quality could be poor.
The E7 and the E17 are USB DACs that have a built in AMP. Plugging them into the laptops USB, they will bypass the DAC/AMP in the PC, convert the signal from digital to analog, and then amplify it. If you have good source material on the PC (high bitrate MP3 or a lossless file), this will potentially give you the best results. Loud with good sound quality.
Get the Asus Xonar DG sound card, only $15 after mail in rebate.
Asus Xonar DG
you cant put this on your laptop right?....sorry newbie to cpu stuff
I drive an assortment of headphones, with my best being the k701's. E17 (the E7 just doesn't give it justice with volume handicap with that impedance) works, but i wouldn't say it's mobile with the k701's... (The headphone jack is just too big for the E17. Massive proportion mismatch)
Edited by Sushisamurai - 1/27/14 at 10:22pm
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Official Eddie Current 4-45 Thread 35 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 42 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Razer Kraken Pro review 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Anyone listening to music at 120dB ? 4 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 4 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 4 minutes ago
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)