Can you shed more light on this, plz? I'm looking at an E11 or E7/17 to use with Beyer 990 pro & M50s and the source is gonna be my PC(laptop). I'm interested in finding a setup that will give my headphones maximum umphh i.e. take them to their limit.
- productAsus XONAR DG CMI8786 Sound Cardtagged by System, 8/13/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/13/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 8/13/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- E7 vs E11 vs E17 - Which is the best purchase? Last post on 10/25/13 at 6:53pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD 650 help Last post on 6/4/14 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fiio e7 strong enough to power hifiman he-400? Last post on 8/11/12 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fiio E10 and E11 or Fiio E17 Only Last post on 7/8/12 at 12:52pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
- Headphone Impedance
New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The E11 is only a portable AMP.You can plug the E11 into the laptops headphone out jack. It will amplify that signal to the cans. If the laptop has a poor DAC/AMP, the E11 will amplify the poor quality signal. It will be louder, but sound quality could be poor.
The E7 and the E17 are USB DACs that have a built in AMP. Plugging them into the laptops USB, they will bypass the DAC/AMP in the PC, convert the signal from digital to analog, and then amplify it. If you have good source material on the PC (high bitrate MP3 or a lossless file), this will potentially give you the best results. Loud with good sound quality.
Get the Asus Xonar DG sound card, only $15 after mail in rebate.
Asus Xonar DG
you cant put this on your laptop right?....sorry newbie to cpu stuff
I drive an assortment of headphones, with my best being the k701's. E17 (the E7 just doesn't give it justice with volume handicap with that impedance) works, but i wouldn't say it's mobile with the k701's... (The headphone jack is just too big for the E17. Massive proportion mismatch)
Edited by Sushisamurai - 1/27/14 at 10:22pm
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Portable spectrum analyzer? 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 2 minutes ago
- › THE FIRST REAL HIGH END ..........HP IN THE WORLD!!!! 2 minutes ago
- › I was wondering where i can get my Shure SE215 to get customized... 3 minutes ago
- › TV/Films/Gaming Headphones? 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3