Can you shed more light on this, plz? I'm looking at an E11 or E7/17 to use with Beyer 990 pro & M50s and the source is gonna be my PC(laptop). I'm interested in finding a setup that will give my headphones maximum umphh i.e. take them to their limit.
- productAsus XONAR DG CMI8786 Sound Cardtagged by System, 8/13/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/13/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 8/13/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- E7 vs E11 vs E17 - Which is the best purchase? Last post on 10/25/13 at 6:53pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD 650 help Last post on 6/4/14 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fiio e7 strong enough to power hifiman he-400? Last post on 8/11/12 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fiio E10 and E11 or Fiio E17 Only Last post on 7/8/12 at 12:52pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
- Headphone Impedance
New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The E11 is only a portable AMP.You can plug the E11 into the laptops headphone out jack. It will amplify that signal to the cans. If the laptop has a poor DAC/AMP, the E11 will amplify the poor quality signal. It will be louder, but sound quality could be poor.
The E7 and the E17 are USB DACs that have a built in AMP. Plugging them into the laptops USB, they will bypass the DAC/AMP in the PC, convert the signal from digital to analog, and then amplify it. If you have good source material on the PC (high bitrate MP3 or a lossless file), this will potentially give you the best results. Loud with good sound quality.
Get the Asus Xonar DG sound card, only $15 after mail in rebate.
Asus Xonar DG
you cant put this on your laptop right?....sorry newbie to cpu stuff
I drive an assortment of headphones, with my best being the k701's. E17 (the E7 just doesn't give it justice with volume handicap with that impedance) works, but i wouldn't say it's mobile with the k701's... (The headphone jack is just too big for the E17. Massive proportion mismatch)
Edited by Sushisamurai - 1/27/14 at 10:22pm
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Buying my first audiophile grade headphones need some help please :) 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: The Stunning McIntosh D100 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 7 minutes ago
- › Positional audio for new guys. 9 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 10 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 13 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 14 minutes ago
- › Cary Audio SLI 80 - Owners Unite! 15 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)