Can you shed more light on this, plz? I'm looking at an E11 or E7/17 to use with Beyer 990 pro & M50s and the source is gonna be my PC(laptop). I'm interested in finding a setup that will give my headphones maximum umphh i.e. take them to their limit.
- productAsus XONAR DG CMI8786 Sound Cardtagged by System, 8/13/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/13/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 8/13/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- E7 vs E11 vs E17 - Which is the best purchase? Last post on 10/25/13 at 6:53pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD 650 help Last post on 6/4/14 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fiio e7 strong enough to power hifiman he-400? Last post on 8/11/12 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fiio E10 and E11 or Fiio E17 Only Last post on 7/8/12 at 12:52pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First, I’d like to thank Audrey and the folks at Brainwavz and MP4 Nation for providing a sample of the S5 for review. It was late last month when I received a message from the folks at...
help!! I'm fallling!!!!!!!(photoshop lvl expert) For any Sony DAPs, the letter goes for a kind/category of DAP. The first numbers for the model and the last number is always for the onboard...
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
- Headphone Impedance
New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The E11 is only a portable AMP.You can plug the E11 into the laptops headphone out jack. It will amplify that signal to the cans. If the laptop has a poor DAC/AMP, the E11 will amplify the poor quality signal. It will be louder, but sound quality could be poor.
The E7 and the E17 are USB DACs that have a built in AMP. Plugging them into the laptops USB, they will bypass the DAC/AMP in the PC, convert the signal from digital to analog, and then amplify it. If you have good source material on the PC (high bitrate MP3 or a lossless file), this will potentially give you the best results. Loud with good sound quality.
Get the Asus Xonar DG sound card, only $15 after mail in rebate.
Asus Xonar DG
you cant put this on your laptop right?....sorry newbie to cpu stuff
I drive an assortment of headphones, with my best being the k701's. E17 (the E7 just doesn't give it justice with volume handicap with that impedance) works, but i wouldn't say it's mobile with the k701's... (The headphone jack is just too big for the E17. Massive proportion mismatch)
Edited by Sushisamurai - 1/27/14 at 10:22pm
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 19 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › New Audeze "Prototype-Z"! 3 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-1000 Hybrid earphone 4 minutes ago
- › upgrade from ATH-M50/listen to rap mostly/under $300 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Hp1000,hp1, almost new!! 4 minutes ago
- › Visit to the Schiit Box - Schiit Factory Tour 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)