Can you shed more light on this, plz? I'm looking at an E11 or E7/17 to use with Beyer 990 pro & M50s and the source is gonna be my PC(laptop). I'm interested in finding a setup that will give my headphones maximum umphh i.e. take them to their limit.
- productAsus XONAR DG CMI8786 Sound Cardtagged by System, 8/13/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/13/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 8/13/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- E7 vs E11 vs E17 - Which is the best purchase? Last post on 10/25/13 at 6:53pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD 650 help Last post on 6/4/14 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fiio e7 strong enough to power hifiman he-400? Last post on 8/11/12 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fiio E10 and E11 or Fiio E17 Only Last post on 7/8/12 at 12:52pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Hello fellow head-fi members Welcome to the review of Advanced Evo X Sports Wireless In-ear Monitors. Disclaimer This were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
Weston W80 Review Disclaimer: The W80 was loaned to me by the local distributor www.samma3a.com - I have to return it, I have not received any incentive, financial or otherwise for this...
Meant to be married to the OL DAC, the O2 headphone amp matches it in shape, size and simplicity. What’s neat about the O2 is that JDS Labs allows for some simple customizations—you can choose...
Acknowledgment This review unit was provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion by Penon Audio. This review was originally published here. Introduction I’m a regular watcher and poster on...
I know a lot of people say a DAC is a DAC is a DAC, but I’m not one of them. A DAC’s chipset and its implementation, among other things, play a very real role in determining how it sounds....
New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2110/20/12 at 3:47pmpost #18 of 2110/22/12 at 11:30amQuote:
The E11 is only a portable AMP.You can plug the E11 into the laptops headphone out jack. It will amplify that signal to the cans. If the laptop has a poor DAC/AMP, the E11 will amplify the poor quality signal. It will be louder, but sound quality could be poor.
The E7 and the E17 are USB DACs that have a built in AMP. Plugging them into the laptops USB, they will bypass the DAC/AMP in the PC, convert the signal from digital to analog, and then amplify it. If you have good source material on the PC (high bitrate MP3 or a lossless file), this will potentially give you the best results. Loud with good sound quality.post #19 of 211/25/13 at 10:18pmpost #20 of 211/26/13 at 7:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by PurpleAngel
Get the Asus Xonar DG sound card, only $15 after mail in rebate.
Asus Xonar DG
you cant put this on your laptop right?....sorry newbie to cpu stuffpost #21 of 211/27/14 at 10:17pmI have the E17, E09K, E07K. The E07K was purchased afterwards, but works with the E09K. FYI, the DAC and sound profile from E07k to E17 is almost similar, with the major difference being in the low range on the 7 (drop off, dunno why, must be manufacturing as all else is identical Re: Fiio's website/compare graphs). I bought the 7 because it has 2 headphone outputs - my wife wanted to listen in on the same music on long plane rides. Also, I would use it for local gaming on a laptop (say, 2 player castle crashers with my kid, his headphones and mine). The biggest noticeable difference is the sound output, with the 7's initial volume cut down to about 60% of the 17's (using only one headphone). Not a huge concern if you're using the USB port (can turn volume up without too much noise), but with headphone jack it's more noticeable.
I drive an assortment of headphones, with my best being the k701's. E17 (the E7 just doesn't give it justice with volume handicap with that impedance) works, but i wouldn't say it's mobile with the k701's... (The headphone jack is just too big for the E17. Massive proportion mismatch)
Edited by Sushisamurai - 1/27/14 at 10:22pm
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Beyerdynamic iDX 200 iE impressions? 16 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 18 seconds ago
- › Fujiya Avic Winter Potaken in Tokyo 18th February 2017 1 minute ago
- › Gustard X20 DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Westone W80 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk 3 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by gprs007
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear