I suppose it says it all. What I want to get are recommendations for a headphone amp, if possible the best amp and also some priceworthy ones. The headphone is Sennheiser HD600, which I am satisfied with, so the key is to find an amp that will play with these phones, as well as with my CD-player NAD 521BEE, and my turntable Rega P3-24. So I'm just hoping to get a clear idea what's what out of this thread. In order to make a balanced and successful purchase. As a sidenote I would also like some viewpoints about not purchasing a headphone amp at all. How much difference does it in fact make to play with a dedicated amp compared to a regular amp like the one I've been using up to now - NAD 320BEE? The NAD 320BEE has a quality headphone jacket by all accounts.
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Lyr or Valhalla for use with Titanium HD and HD 600's Last post on 7/17/12 at 6:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- amp for hd 650 Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice needed to get the most out of my Sennheiser HD600s Last post on 11/13/12 at 9:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I currently had done a review for the Fostex HP-A3 DAC/amp unit, which is a couple years old, but none the less one of the best units in the price range from experience and reading material...
Bought these in an airport as my other earbuds had stopped working. Even though I bought these in an emergency I immediately regret this purchase. They are definitely worse than the old apple...
Thanks to Calyx for allowing Team Tokyo to borrow a unit for review. Note: Version 0.6 and 0.95 of the software were used for this review. The first thing many people wanted when they...
880s are part of the classic trio , 6XX-7XX and of course the 880s , I have all those headphones , my all time favourite might be the 650s but I have tons and tons of respect for the...
T-PEOS H-100II Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/726296/t-peos-h-100ii-review-by-mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Brief: Crazy cheap detail monsters,...
- Headphone Impedance
Headphone Amp for Sennheiser HD600
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Since you already have that integrated amp, do you listen enough with headphones to want to really maximize them or just for nighttime listening? It's best if you listen to a good dedicated headamp to discern whether you really need to spend that much on top of your current system and it's not plain old GAS*.
That said, you could try:
1) Schiit Asgard : $249, pure Class A (vs the A/B NAD), and best of all I think they have a 30-day money back trial (read fine print on return shipping, repacking fees, etc)
2) Schiit Valhalla : $349, OTL tube class A (vs A/B SS NAD), optimized for high impedance headphones, same return policy
3) Little Dot MkII : under $199 I think; Class A OTL tube; was too dark for me save for absolutely brand new earpads (sources were Marantz CD80, which was too dark throughout, and Superpro707 DAC, which was dark with sharp treble) but you might like that
4) Also check out one-box DAC+Amp AudioGDs - use the digital input, then try it out as a headphone amp, as a DAC, and as a preamp into the poweramp input of the 320BEE.
*Gear Acquisition Syndrome; related to SARS or Severe Audio Replacement Syndrome, also known as upgraditis
- Headphone Amp for Sennheiser HD600
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 13 seconds ago
- › (It Seems That) The iPhone 6 Will Have A Headphone Jack 18 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Best Amp and pads for the JVC-SZ1000 3 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 4 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 6 minutes ago
- › [ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly 6 minutes ago
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)