Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sansa Clip Zip or Clip+ ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sansa Clip Zip or Clip+ ? - Page 7

Poll Results: Sansa Clip Zip or Clip+

 
  • 44% (78)
    Sansa Clip Zip
  • 55% (99)
    Sansa Clip+
177 Total Votes  
post #91 of 358

How to make my Clip+ sound good?  (I haven't rockboxed it yet.)

I'm using it with the Philips SHE 3590. (I've tried my HD 595, but it was too much for the Clip+.)

I guess that the Clip+ needs quite a bit of burn in?

What do you think? How long did it take for your Clip+ or Zip to sound good?

post #92 of 358

I'm looking at either the Clip+ or Clip Zip, as my beloved Creative Zen Neeons mini Hard drive is having format issues and the clicking noises were becoming more frequent.  

 

The Neeon is 8 yrs old and is used several hours each day and the battery still holds what I consider to be its original charge.  If only all batteries fared as well.

 

Re the Sansa Clips and using Playlists.  I have radio shows that I subscribe to on MP3, and keep each Shows 4 x 1 hour MP3 files in a named separate folder on my PC.   Can I just drag each Folder (each containing 4 MP3s)  into the Sansa Clips Playlist via USB using a File Manager program ?   (which what I could do on the Zen Neeon).

 

Do the  Clip+  and  Clip Zip  differ in any way with regard to playing Folders?

 

Will I have to do anything else for the tracks to play?  (yes I know to press the play button). 

Cheers.

post #93 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeJack_2008 View Post

How to make my Clip+ sound good?  (I haven't rockboxed it yet.)

I'm using it with the Philips SHE 3590. (I've tried my HD 595, but it was too much for the Clip+.)

I guess that the Clip+ needs quite a bit of burn in?

What do you think? How long did it take for your Clip+ or Zip to sound good?


My Clip+ sounded good right out of the package, I rockboxed it before any music went on it and I didn't listen to anything with the Sansa Firmware.

Feed the Clip+ through your O2 for the 595's

 

Players of any kind do NOT need a "Burn In", nothing changes in the sound output by having it do what it was designed to do... Play Music...

post #94 of 358

I must say the Clip + pairs BEAUTIFULLY with the Amperiors! I think I prefer it over the Vmoda M80s I own (coupled with the same player).

post #95 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post


My Clip+ sounded good right out of the package, I rockboxed it before any music went on it and I didn't listen to anything with the Sansa Firmware.

Feed the Clip+ through your O2 for the 595's

 

Players of any kind do NOT need a "Burn In", nothing changes in the sound output by having it do what it was designed to do... Play Music...

 

Thanx a lot.

 

Guess what. Since the Clip+ has been  my first DAP I was not sure how deeply I should insert the  Sennheiser HD 595s plug into the headphone jack of my Clip+.

I was afraid to crash it. Finally, I inserted it until it locked/clicked and the Clip+ sounds good now.

I have also used the O2 (double amping) & DT 880s (250 Ohm) and the sound is much better now.

 

I've got one practical question.

Can  I charge the battery of my Clip+ , when say, it's 50% full

or should I wait until the Clip+ itself shut istelf down.

In other words, is it OK to top the battery when is not fully drained?

post #96 of 358

Yes it is fine  to charge whenever you want to keep it topped up, there is no major harm in doing it

post #97 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrias View Post

Yes it is fine  to charge whenever you want to keep it topped up, there is no major harm in doing it

 

Thank You very much.

 

P.S.

On another matter,  in my  Panasonic Lumix camera's manual they say that

one should not top the battery up. I'll check what battery it is using.

post #98 of 358

Hi, can anybody tell m  if Clip+ can be used with a Usb DAC , HifiMeDiy Sabre USB DAC? If if it can what adaptor shall I use.

Thanks.


Edited by musicday - 6/8/13 at 2:27pm
post #99 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicday View Post

Hi, can anybody tell m  if Clip+ can be used with a Usb DAC , HifiMeDiy Sabre USB DAC? If if it can what adaptor shall I use.

Thanks.

The Clip+ has no Host functionality so no USB devices will work from it.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
post #100 of 358
I thought that was included with Rockbox features. Thank you anyway.
post #101 of 358

hi,

 

When using the Sansa clip...playing music from Sdcard will this adversely eefect the quality of music playback.

Also I like to listen to browse different songs. Will this be affected?

 

I am thinking of buying either a 4gb or a 8gb player. big price difference. And with a 8gb/16gb sd lying around,,,will be using teh sd card anyway.

post #102 of 358

I heard so many good things about the Clip+ but I heard the battery life is terrible. That fact alone turned me off to the Sansa Clip+

post #103 of 358

how bad is it compared to iapples nano? how many hours of continous playback.

post #104 of 358
Just get the zip and rockbox it. Coming from someone who has 1x clip+ and 2x zip. But a full charge is good for a few days of moderate listening with lossy files. It is only with lossless that it burns through juice.
Edited by LFC_SL - 6/23/13 at 5:40am
post #105 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by tan1415 View Post

how bad is it compared to iapples nano? how many hours of continous playback.

With Rockbox, around 15 hours, maybe a little more than that.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sansa Clip Zip or Clip+ ?