Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sansa Clip Zip or Clip+ ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sansa Clip Zip or Clip+ ? - Page 19

Poll Results: Sansa Clip Zip or Clip+

 
  • 43% (80)
    Sansa Clip Zip
  • 56% (103)
    Sansa Clip+
183 Total Votes  
post #271 of 359

Hey guys!

Sorry to bump this thread, but will the Clip+ work with the Audio Technicas ATH-A900X?

They are 40 ohms, rated at 100db/mw...

I figured they could? They seem efficient enough.

If necessary, I will buy an external amp for it [something like the Fiio E10/11/12... I had the E11 before and liked it but... maybe a different model next time :P]

I know it might sound crazy tow ear these outside but... oh, well, I don't really care :D

 

Thanks!

Luke


Edited by conquerator2 - 10/17/13 at 11:07am
post #272 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post

Hey guys!

Sorry to bump this thread, but will the Clip+ work with the Audio Technicas ATH-A900X?

They are 40 ohms, rated at 100db/mw...

I figured they could? They seem efficient enough.

If necessary, I will buy an external amp for it [something like the Fiio E10/11/12... I had the E11 before and liked it but... maybe a different model next time :P]

I know it might sound crazy tow ear these outside but... oh, well, I don't really care :D

 

Thanks!

Luke


No problem. No amp required. Will you hear a small improvement? Maybe, but very small if any, and power wouldn't be the issue.z
post #273 of 359
Hehe yeah thanks. I used Pro 900 before but I changed my preferences smily_headphones1.gif they are about the same size so... Seem great for the price.
I used some decent IEMs recently but I use a full-size otherwise...
Finally I have realized that I wanna stick to fullsized only wink.gif
To give a trackrecord, Sony XB-300 - Pro 900 for everything. HE-6 desktop, RE-400 portability -> ATH-A900X portability... Desktop not going anywhere... Satisfied right now.
I WAS looking at the 3000ANV but eh... Too rare and expensive for that, so 900X.
So yeah I treat speakers kinda like the illegitimate children right now... Only when I necessarily need them and what's available wink.gif

You think I will like them?
Thanks a lot for the help,
Cheers
Luke
Edited by conquerator2 - 10/17/13 at 12:08pm
post #274 of 359

I want to get a clip, but clip+ or clip zip if both is same price? Is there any diff in sound quality?

post #275 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYJ91 View Post
 

I want to get a clip, but clip+ or clip zip if both is same price? Is there any diff in sound quality?

 

The Plus and Zip are exactly the same device except with a different screen and button layout.  

post #276 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYJ91 View Post
 

I want to get a clip, but clip+ or clip zip if both is same price? Is there any diff in sound quality?

At such a low price, I bought 2 of each for backups after hearing my initial Clip+. They sound exactly the same to me. However, when rockboxing, I found that the extra screen size was useful. BTW, the biggest advantage of rockboxing is that it shortens the startup time from 20 to 30 seconds to 3 to 5 seconds making it much more usable.

 

The is my go to dap for on the go as it sounds great and it is convenient to use. I just clip it to my shirt collar and plug in my headphone. No crazy multi-part contraptions to deal with or armbands or even pockets. Yes my DX50/BH2 combo sound better when sitting still in silence and alone, but that is not on the go. 

post #277 of 359

~~For my Canadian mates,Factory Direct is selling the Sansa Clip Zip refurbished on sale for $20! Just picked one up and I'm loving it hooked up with my V Moda M100s!

post #278 of 359

From amazon reviews it seems that the Clip Zip isnt quite as reliable as a Clip+,  Is that the general feeling?  Is the screen benefit worth the risk?

post #279 of 359

I have been using a refurbished Zip for about a year (It only cost 25 bones), and I've had literally zero problems. Rockbox 'n' all.

post #280 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeDylie View Post
 

From amazon reviews it seems that the Clip Zip isnt quite as reliable as a Clip+,  Is that the general feeling?  Is the screen benefit worth the risk?

 

Take Amazon reviews with a grain of salt. ;) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by batteraziiz View Post
 

I have been using a refurbished Zip for about a year (It only cost 25 bones), and I've had literally zero problems. Rockbox 'n' all.

 

I've been using my Zip since they were released in late August of 2011, with Rockbox on it beginning in November of 2011. Haven't had a bit of trouble with it.

post #281 of 359
Achmed, just out of curiosity how well are the battery's holding health on those units you've had since 2011? They still healthy? Just curious on the life span when put into practice.
post #282 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Achmed, just out of curiosity how well are the battery's holding health on those units you've had since 2011? They still healthy? Just curious on the life span when put into practice.

 

That's a good question. Well,  I haven't really used it for an extended listening session recently, just a couple hours at a time...but if I pick it up 2 or 3 weeks after not using it, it still has most of the charge. But I also have so many DAP's that my experience might be totally different than someone who uses theirs daily over the same amount of time. 
post #283 of 359

Hate the micro USB. It's so fragile compared to mini USB, and mini isn't really that much bigger. Micro USB takes a $700 smartphone and renders it useless junk when the jack fails.

post #284 of 359

You probably have a point. However the world has moved to micro so its easier to have all your chargers the same. Bit annoying as I've old Clips and old hard drives which are all mini. 

 

Wireless charging is the way to avoid cables and broken connectors though. 

post #285 of 359
Not fast enough. You know we always gripe about proprietary connections like iphone or Zune but they sure are reliable. Micro is a joke. One of those tiny contacts bends and its useless.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sansa Clip Zip or Clip+ ?