I'd be really grateful if anyone could advise not on specific models but on the general sound signature which is likely to suit my situation. I hope that you will forgive that although I have a rough and ready audio knowledge, I'm aware I lack the technical expertise of posters here - hence the noob question...
Originally I thought I might be able to get one IEM for multiple purposes:
- Portable audio listening
- Monitoring while performing music
- Monitoring as live sound technician
Without boring you with details, having read several posts here I think I can see that would require significant compromises.
So, if I was to say the main focus was to be for use monitoring while performing, please could anyone advise what sort of signature I should be looking at?
- I play keyboard and sing backing in a 4-piece band
- The music is mainstream and balanced in instrumentation
- The main venues are bars and the band is generally tightly packed
- The ambient sound can frequently be very loud, highly reflective and bass-heavy due to corner effect
- I would be listening to a monitoring mix with other instruments pushed back - I would ideally like to hear everyone clearly, but most importantly I need to hear my keyboard and my backing vocals
- Although I might otherwise favour a colouration which enhances my vocal, it is more important not to lose spectral content from the keyboard as this tells me how the sounds are blending in
- Vocally I am a baritone and my keyboard sounds span most of the audio spectrum
If anyone can advise the ideal signature, I will then look at the multi-reviews by ClieOS and ljokerl and decide within my budget (currently pitifully low, but hopefully increasing later!).
Thanks very much in anticipation! Gaz (Raggor)