1. A new Sennheiser stat in the legacy of the HE60 & HE90 has been a perennial rumor, however as late as several years back the rumors intensified, with a few people hinting at inside knowledge of continued stat development.
2. RMAF is an odd place to debut such a product. Sennheiser unveils at CES.
3. RMAF means that Sennheiser is very interested in courting headphone enthusiasts directly instead of the press at large.
4. I doubt there will be an essay contest to see which influential head-fiers will get a preview. It blew up in their faces with the HD700.
5. At least some influential head-fiers who already had trusted contacts at Senn were given permission to rev up the rumor mill.
6. Let's see how airtight those NDAs are.
7. Construction-wise it is less likely for them to go directly after the likes of the HE90. This is a huge risk and they are testing the waters.
8. Unlike the HD800 they are not going for a next-gen dynamic look, I assume they know their market enough to go for a subdued audiophile design.
9. How much would a head-fier pay for a new Senn stat, maybe 2000$? And the amp, another 2k? Assuming that they are not going for the 7k price territory of the HE90 they are going to have to have a pricing competitive to the Stax 007/009. (not sure if we're lucky enough for a Lambda-priced senn stat)
Edited by anetode - 8/11/12 at 1:00pm