Both cost 150 on amazon so I would like to know which one I should get. I will be using them with my e11 amp and he-400 headphones on my desktop. My main concern is that many people find the ODAC fatiguing and I really don't want that to happen. I would like to no which one is less fatiguing and which one is overall better.
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/13/12
- productHRT Music Streamer II High Resolution USB D/A Convertertagged by System, 8/13/12
- productJDS Labs ODACtagged by System, 8/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Amp and Dac for ATH M-50 and DT990 Pro 250 Ohm Last post on 11/8/12 at 10:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ODAC+O2 or Dacport LX+E11/cMoy for HE-400? Last post on 8/22/14 at 6:26am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 650 help Last post on 6/4/14 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help Last post on 9/23/12 at 6:54pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The Sony MDR-EX1000 is truly a legendary IEM but in a world of its own. Not even the latest XBA, or XBA hybrid Z series could rival its intimidating large single-dynamic driver setup. (my EX1000...
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
- Headphone Impedance
ODAC vs HRT MusicStreamer II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Music Streamer II is an outstanding DAC. I have not heard, nor used the ODAC, so I can't comment on the abilities that it has, nor the sound signature that it may produce. However, the Music Streamer II is a proven device - asynchronous USB processing, etc. Quite a few features are already in place with the MS II that others are now moving to adopt into their DACs, if they haven't already. I loved the MS II when I had it, but only sold it because I decided on an all-in-one box solution for the amp / DAC.
Had the HRT II and now the PRO to go balanced all the way.
For what they are I have to second the "outstanding product"!Never heard the ODAC but had the O2 which I quickly "dumped".
I am one of the guys who only listens with the ears and if the specs are good as well....why not,so be it!
Seems like the ODAC has the edge, given these two comparisons.
- ODAC vs HRT MusicStreamer II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Shure es846 17 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX50 MODS 36 seconds ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 41 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2... MicroSD Slot & 33 hours Hi-Res Playback 1 minute ago
- › Need advice. What to buy? 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 1 minute ago
- › Smite or Hawken? 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 & K3003i BRANDNEW!!!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by stuartfang
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3