Both cost 150 on amazon so I would like to know which one I should get. I will be using them with my e11 amp and he-400 headphones on my desktop. My main concern is that many people find the ODAC fatiguing and I really don't want that to happen. I would like to no which one is less fatiguing and which one is overall better.
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/14/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/14/12
- productHRT Music Streamer II High Resolution USB D/A Convertertagged by System, 8/14/12
- productJDS Labs ODACtagged by System, 8/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- Amp and Dac for ATH M-50 and DT990 Pro 250 Ohm Last post on 11/8/12 at 10:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ODAC+O2 or Dacport LX+E11/cMoy for HE-400? Last post on 9/25/13 at 9:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/12/13 at 4:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 650 help Last post on 10/11/12 at 6:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Amp/DAC for v-moda M80's? Last post on 12/5/12 at 5:30pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
- Headphone Impedance
ODAC vs HRT MusicStreamer II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Music Streamer II is an outstanding DAC. I have not heard, nor used the ODAC, so I can't comment on the abilities that it has, nor the sound signature that it may produce. However, the Music Streamer II is a proven device - asynchronous USB processing, etc. Quite a few features are already in place with the MS II that others are now moving to adopt into their DACs, if they haven't already. I loved the MS II when I had it, but only sold it because I decided on an all-in-one box solution for the amp / DAC.
Had the HRT II and now the PRO to go balanced all the way.
For what they are I have to second the "outstanding product"!Never heard the ODAC but had the O2 which I quickly "dumped".
I am one of the guys who only listens with the ears and if the specs are good as well....why not,so be it!
Seems like the ODAC has the edge, given these two comparisons.
- ODAC vs HRT MusicStreamer II
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 8 seconds ago
- › Neil Young Live At The Cellar Door 21 seconds ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 56 seconds ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 3 minutes ago
- › Upgrading from the SR225i... looking for some advice :) 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Your favourite "not the best" headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi