Both cost 150 on amazon so I would like to know which one I should get. I will be using them with my e11 amp and he-400 headphones on my desktop. My main concern is that many people find the ODAC fatiguing and I really don't want that to happen. I would like to no which one is less fatiguing and which one is overall better.
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/13/12
- productHRT Music Streamer II High Resolution USB D/A Convertertagged by System, 8/13/12
- productJDS Labs ODACtagged by System, 8/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Amp and Dac for ATH M-50 and DT990 Pro 250 Ohm Last post on 11/8/12 at 10:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ODAC+O2 or Dacport LX+E11/cMoy for HE-400? Last post on 8/22/14 at 6:26am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 650 help Last post on 6/4/14 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help Last post on 9/23/12 at 6:54pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
*Not an audio professional review, only my user opinion* After listening to lots of headphones inside this price ranger I decided on these. I was first worried cause lately I was reading lots...
- Headphone Impedance
ODAC vs HRT MusicStreamer II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Music Streamer II is an outstanding DAC. I have not heard, nor used the ODAC, so I can't comment on the abilities that it has, nor the sound signature that it may produce. However, the Music Streamer II is a proven device - asynchronous USB processing, etc. Quite a few features are already in place with the MS II that others are now moving to adopt into their DACs, if they haven't already. I loved the MS II when I had it, but only sold it because I decided on an all-in-one box solution for the amp / DAC.
Had the HRT II and now the PRO to go balanced all the way.
For what they are I have to second the "outstanding product"!Never heard the ODAC but had the O2 which I quickly "dumped".
I am one of the guys who only listens with the ears and if the specs are good as well....why not,so be it!
Seems like the ODAC has the edge, given these two comparisons.
- ODAC vs HRT MusicStreamer II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 25 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › High-res music - your listening experience 1 minute ago
- › Rank the IEM's you've heard 2 minutes ago
- › Beat headphone + inbuilt MIC option? 2 minutes ago
- › appropriate AC adapter for Stax SRM-001? 2 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 840 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)