Both cost 150 on amazon so I would like to know which one I should get. I will be using them with my e11 amp and he-400 headphones on my desktop. My main concern is that many people find the ODAC fatiguing and I really don't want that to happen. I would like to no which one is less fatiguing and which one is overall better.
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/13/12
- productHRT Music Streamer II High Resolution USB D/A Convertertagged by System, 8/13/12
- productJDS Labs ODACtagged by System, 8/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Amp and Dac for ATH M-50 and DT990 Pro 250 Ohm Last post on 11/8/12 at 10:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ODAC+O2 or Dacport LX+E11/cMoy for HE-400? Last post on 8/22/14 at 6:26am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 650 help Last post on 6/4/14 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help Last post on 9/23/12 at 6:54pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been lucky on my Head-Fi journey to meet and converse with some wonderful people who...
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
- Headphone Impedance
ODAC vs HRT MusicStreamer II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Music Streamer II is an outstanding DAC. I have not heard, nor used the ODAC, so I can't comment on the abilities that it has, nor the sound signature that it may produce. However, the Music Streamer II is a proven device - asynchronous USB processing, etc. Quite a few features are already in place with the MS II that others are now moving to adopt into their DACs, if they haven't already. I loved the MS II when I had it, but only sold it because I decided on an all-in-one box solution for the amp / DAC.
Had the HRT II and now the PRO to go balanced all the way.
For what they are I have to second the "outstanding product"!Never heard the ODAC but had the O2 which I quickly "dumped".
I am one of the guys who only listens with the ears and if the specs are good as well....why not,so be it!
Seems like the ODAC has the edge, given these two comparisons.
- ODAC vs HRT MusicStreamer II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Need headphone and AMP/DAC recommendation for DnB,Dubstep and EDM... 22 seconds ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 3 minutes ago
- › hd25-1 impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › K10 custom cable recommend please 6 minutes ago
- › Question about kaiser 10 custom 8 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 9 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3