Both cost 150 on amazon so I would like to know which one I should get. I will be using them with my e11 amp and he-400 headphones on my desktop. My main concern is that many people find the ODAC fatiguing and I really don't want that to happen. I would like to no which one is less fatiguing and which one is overall better.
Related Forum Threads
- Amp and Dac for ATH M-50 and DT990 Pro 250 Ohm Last post on 11/8/12 at 10:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ODAC+O2 or Dacport LX+E11/cMoy for HE-400? Last post on 5/7/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 2/10/13 at 2:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 650 help Last post on 10/11/12 at 6:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Amp/DAC for v-moda M80's? Last post on 12/5/12 at 5:30pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
Introduction In the past 2 years VentureCraft has been successfully creating amps and DAC/Amp packaged components with their GD-03, Go-DAP 4.0 for iPhone 4(s), and Go-DAP X for their...
A friend of mine needed a new headphone, which was cheap, closed and good sounding. I said to him, dream on friend it will be very tough to find a headphone with those criteria. But then after...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the K550. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The AKG K550...
- Headphone Impedance
ODAC vs HRT MusicStreamer II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Music Streamer II is an outstanding DAC. I have not heard, nor used the ODAC, so I can't comment on the abilities that it has, nor the sound signature that it may produce. However, the Music Streamer II is a proven device - asynchronous USB processing, etc. Quite a few features are already in place with the MS II that others are now moving to adopt into their DACs, if they haven't already. I loved the MS II when I had it, but only sold it because I decided on an all-in-one box solution for the amp / DAC.
Had the HRT II and now the PRO to go balanced all the way.
For what they are I have to second the "outstanding product"!Never heard the ODAC but had the O2 which I quickly "dumped".
I am one of the guys who only listens with the ears and if the specs are good as well....why not,so be it!
Seems like the ODAC has the edge, given these two comparisons.
- ODAC vs HRT MusicStreamer II
- › The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.) 3 seconds ago
- › The NEW ATH-CKS1000.. 27 seconds ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 1 minute ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 3 minutes ago
- › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-4SL by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by a_recording
- › Aune T1 by teb1013
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe