What is a good amp for Westone 4R under 500 dollars? I listen to mainly rocky and classical music.
- productALO Audio Rx Mk3 Balanced Headphone Amptagged by System, 8/13/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 8/13/12
- productHeadAmp pico Slim Portable Amptagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/13/12
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HE 4Gtagged by System, 8/13/12
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by System, 8/13/12
- productIbasso PB 2 Pelicantagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/13/12
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 8/13/12More
- productRay Samuels P-51 Mustangtagged by System, 8/13/12
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 8/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Noob's not-so-quick comparison: RSA Predator, Pico Slim, Arrow 4G, Leckerton Audio UHA-6S Last post on 9/18/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Multi-Portable Amp Thread: 16 amps reviewed (Leckerton UHA-6S MKII added) Last post on 2/10/15 at 9:51am in Portable Headphone Amps
- as of 3/1/11, which portable amp would you go with? Last post on 3/6/11 at 7:47am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 6/26/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Suprisingly, this cheap in ear jlab sounded good enough for me to come here and get into better sound.
Ah, the WA7 "Fireflies" from Woo Audio. As stunning to behold as it is to hear! This is my first piece of amp/DAC kit that retails for over $1k and well, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I think...
Many thanks to Venture Electronics for the VE Monk review sample! Product website: http://eng.52ve.cn/product.php?cm_id=205 I haven't been using earbud for quite a long time since my...
INTRODUCTION: The Havit H91DJ is a budget over-ear headphone with a warm signature. Sound quality is very impressive considering the low cost. The value of these headphones is quite high,...
Intro: SoundFoundations, is a company which manufactures accessories like racks, stands, and vibration control & custom cables. It is based in India. SoundFoundations is known in India for...
Best Amp (under $500) for westone 4R?post #1 of 128/11/12 at 7:03amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 128/11/12 at 7:21ampost #3 of 128/11/12 at 7:31amThread Starterpost #4 of 128/11/12 at 7:44am
ibasso T1, fiio e17, I hear so many people raving about these http://aloaudio.com/alo-audio-the-continental-mobile-vacuum-tube-amplifier.html . the continental.
or just get cmoy 3 channel from fred fred 2004 on ebay, they are like $150 and they sound like >$200+ ampspost #5 of 128/11/12 at 8:24am
The iBasso DX100 are highly detailed DAPs with inner powerful AMPs but if external AMPs needed only then iBasso PB2, RSA Mustang P51, ALO MKIII, Stepdance are highly recommended.post #6 of 128/11/12 at 10:09amQuote:
if you want portable (you can put it in your jean's pocket), your choice is between arrow4G and pico slimpost #7 of 1210/8/12 at 12:30ampost #8 of 1210/8/12 at 1:41am
The Arrow 4G or FiiO E11 are highly recommended with the W4s. Very clean, effortless sound with low distortion and a Iack of coloration that often happens with sensitive BAs and improper impedance matching. I also found they sounded great out of the iPhone 4. The DX100s were good, but a bit overboard for these IMO.post #9 of 1210/8/12 at 1:48ampost #10 of 1212/13/12 at 9:12pm
I found that the ibasso d7 sidewinder for a computer dac sounds prety good and the colorfly c3 sounds the best out of the daps i have tried(sansa clip, iphone 4, ipod video.post #11 of 121/8/13 at 9:36pmpost #12 of 121/8/13 at 9:42pmQuote:
You can't go wrong with the RSA Shadow ou Mustang.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Amp (under $500) for westone 4R?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 21 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR1-ABT Impressions 1 minute ago
- › NEW Sony XBA-300 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX80 5 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U1 - Thoughts? 7 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 9 minutes ago
- › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite! 9 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2