What is a good amp for Westone 4R under 500 dollars? I listen to mainly rocky and classical music.
- productALO Audio Rx Mk3 Balanced Headphone Amptagged by System, 8/13/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 8/13/12
- productHeadAmp pico Slim Portable Amptagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/13/12
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HE 4Gtagged by System, 8/13/12
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by System, 8/13/12
- productIbasso PB 2 Pelicantagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/13/12
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 8/13/12More
- productRay Samuels P-51 Mustangtagged by System, 8/13/12
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 8/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Noob's not-so-quick comparison: RSA Predator, Pico Slim, Arrow 4G, Leckerton Audio UHA-6S Last post on 9/18/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Multi-Portable Amp Thread: 16 amps reviewed (Leckerton UHA-6S MKII added) Last post on 2/10/15 at 9:51am in Portable Headphone Amps
- as of 3/1/11, which portable amp would you go with? Last post on 3/6/11 at 7:47am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/1/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
The highs and the lows are, for lack a better descriptor "dry". There are people who "like" this sort of leanness, but it's never sounded "real" to me. It's the difference I hear in vintage...
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
This review is for the Linum Bax 2-Pin, Bax IEM and headphone cables. Let me introduce myself my name is Adam, I live in the states between Philadelphia and New York City. I have been into audio...
Havi B3 Pro 1 - Pictorial Review Let me start by saying that ......the purchase of B3Pro1 has been long time coming ever since introduced by bhazard in the Chinese thread early last year...
I have posted a more detailed review on my blog with hi resolution pictures. http://blog.hyperexpert.com/audio-technica-at-pha50bt-first-impressions-and-review/ I stumbled upon Audio Technica’s...
Best Amp (under $500) for westone 4R?post #1 of 128/11/12 at 7:03amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 128/11/12 at 7:21ampost #3 of 128/11/12 at 7:31amThread Starterpost #4 of 128/11/12 at 7:44am
ibasso T1, fiio e17, I hear so many people raving about these http://aloaudio.com/alo-audio-the-continental-mobile-vacuum-tube-amplifier.html . the continental.
or just get cmoy 3 channel from fred fred 2004 on ebay, they are like $150 and they sound like >$200+ ampspost #5 of 128/11/12 at 8:24am
The iBasso DX100 are highly detailed DAPs with inner powerful AMPs but if external AMPs needed only then iBasso PB2, RSA Mustang P51, ALO MKIII, Stepdance are highly recommended.post #6 of 128/11/12 at 10:09amQuote:
if you want portable (you can put it in your jean's pocket), your choice is between arrow4G and pico slimpost #7 of 1210/8/12 at 12:30ampost #8 of 1210/8/12 at 1:41am
The Arrow 4G or FiiO E11 are highly recommended with the W4s. Very clean, effortless sound with low distortion and a Iack of coloration that often happens with sensitive BAs and improper impedance matching. I also found they sounded great out of the iPhone 4. The DX100s were good, but a bit overboard for these IMO.post #9 of 1210/8/12 at 1:48ampost #10 of 1212/13/12 at 9:12pm
I found that the ibasso d7 sidewinder for a computer dac sounds prety good and the colorfly c3 sounds the best out of the daps i have tried(sansa clip, iphone 4, ipod video.post #11 of 121/8/13 at 9:36pmpost #12 of 121/8/13 at 9:42pmQuote:
You can't go wrong with the RSA Shadow ou Mustang.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Amp (under $500) for westone 4R?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Improvement From Beyerdynamic DT-150 41 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 43 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Comparisons: 25 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 4 minutes ago
- › Metal Tabs on Beyer DT 880s 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by Zennheiser
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2