What is a good amp for Westone 4R under 500 dollars? I listen to mainly rocky and classical music.
- productALO Audio Rx Mk3 Balanced Headphone Amptagged by System, 8/13/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 8/13/12
- productHeadAmp pico Slim Portable Amptagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/13/12
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HE 4Gtagged by System, 8/13/12
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by System, 8/13/12
- productIbasso PB 2 Pelicantagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/13/12
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 8/13/12More
- productRay Samuels P-51 Mustangtagged by System, 8/13/12
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 8/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Noob's not-so-quick comparison: RSA Predator, Pico Slim, Arrow 4G, Leckerton Audio UHA-6S Last post on 9/18/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Multi-Portable Amp Thread: 16 amps reviewed (Leckerton UHA-6S MKII added) Last post on 9/3/14 at 4:06am in Portable Headphone Amps
- as of 3/1/11, which portable amp would you go with? Last post on 3/6/11 at 7:47am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/10/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/1/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
Best Amp (under $500) for westone 4R?post #1 of 128/11/12 at 7:03amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 128/11/12 at 7:21ampost #3 of 128/11/12 at 7:31amThread Starterpost #4 of 128/11/12 at 7:44am
ibasso T1, fiio e17, I hear so many people raving about these http://aloaudio.com/alo-audio-the-continental-mobile-vacuum-tube-amplifier.html . the continental.
or just get cmoy 3 channel from fred fred 2004 on ebay, they are like $150 and they sound like >$200+ ampspost #5 of 128/11/12 at 8:24am
The iBasso DX100 are highly detailed DAPs with inner powerful AMPs but if external AMPs needed only then iBasso PB2, RSA Mustang P51, ALO MKIII, Stepdance are highly recommended.post #6 of 128/11/12 at 10:09amQuote:
if you want portable (you can put it in your jean's pocket), your choice is between arrow4G and pico slimpost #7 of 1210/8/12 at 12:30ampost #8 of 1210/8/12 at 1:41am
The Arrow 4G or FiiO E11 are highly recommended with the W4s. Very clean, effortless sound with low distortion and a Iack of coloration that often happens with sensitive BAs and improper impedance matching. I also found they sounded great out of the iPhone 4. The DX100s were good, but a bit overboard for these IMO.post #9 of 1210/8/12 at 1:48ampost #10 of 1212/13/12 at 9:12pm
I found that the ibasso d7 sidewinder for a computer dac sounds prety good and the colorfly c3 sounds the best out of the daps i have tried(sansa clip, iphone 4, ipod video.post #11 of 121/8/13 at 9:36pmpost #12 of 121/8/13 at 9:42pmQuote:
You can't go wrong with the RSA Shadow ou Mustang.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Amp (under $500) for westone 4R?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 57 seconds ago
- › orthodynamic driver for diy project 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › AKG 518LE, Beyerdynamic DTX 501p or Philips Citiscape Downtown? 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › X5 firmware 2.36beta--folder jump, true random shuffle, more custom... 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit we'd like to see 4 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)