What is a good amp for Westone 4R under 500 dollars? I listen to mainly rocky and classical music.
- productALO Audio Rx Mk3 Balanced Headphone Amptagged by System, 8/13/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 8/13/12
- productHeadAmp pico Slim Portable Amptagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/13/12
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HE 4Gtagged by System, 8/13/12
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by System, 8/13/12
- productIbasso PB 2 Pelicantagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/13/12
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 8/13/12More
- productRay Samuels P-51 Mustangtagged by System, 8/13/12
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 8/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Noob's not-so-quick comparison: RSA Predator, Pico Slim, Arrow 4G, Leckerton Audio UHA-6S Last post on 9/18/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Multi-Portable Amp Thread: 16 amps reviewed (Leckerton UHA-6S MKII added) Last post on 3/16/16 at 5:43am in Portable Headphone Amps
- as of 3/1/11, which portable amp would you go with? Last post on 3/6/11 at 7:47am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 12/22/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/25/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
Best Amp (under $500) for westone 4R?post #1 of 128/11/12 at 7:03amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 128/11/12 at 7:21ampost #3 of 128/11/12 at 7:31amThread Starterpost #4 of 128/11/12 at 7:44am
ibasso T1, fiio e17, I hear so many people raving about these http://aloaudio.com/alo-audio-the-continental-mobile-vacuum-tube-amplifier.html . the continental.
or just get cmoy 3 channel from fred fred 2004 on ebay, they are like $150 and they sound like >$200+ ampspost #5 of 128/11/12 at 8:24am
The iBasso DX100 are highly detailed DAPs with inner powerful AMPs but if external AMPs needed only then iBasso PB2, RSA Mustang P51, ALO MKIII, Stepdance are highly recommended.post #6 of 128/11/12 at 10:09amQuote:
if you want portable (you can put it in your jean's pocket), your choice is between arrow4G and pico slimpost #7 of 1210/8/12 at 12:30ampost #8 of 1210/8/12 at 1:41am
The Arrow 4G or FiiO E11 are highly recommended with the W4s. Very clean, effortless sound with low distortion and a Iack of coloration that often happens with sensitive BAs and improper impedance matching. I also found they sounded great out of the iPhone 4. The DX100s were good, but a bit overboard for these IMO.post #9 of 1210/8/12 at 1:48ampost #10 of 1212/13/12 at 9:12pm
I found that the ibasso d7 sidewinder for a computer dac sounds prety good and the colorfly c3 sounds the best out of the daps i have tried(sansa clip, iphone 4, ipod video.post #11 of 121/8/13 at 9:36pmpost #12 of 121/8/13 at 9:42pmQuote:
You can't go wrong with the RSA Shadow ou Mustang.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Amp (under $500) for westone 4R?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 27 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 37 seconds ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › how many of you guys cook??? 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 6 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...