hi, i recently decided that i need a new pair of cans. However, i cannot decide what to get. I listen to a wide range of music so i need headphone that is good all around. My current headphones that im using is the Denon ahd 5000 and the Shure Se215. I love the bassyness of these cans but however i beleive that i need a change. What im looking at right now are the Grado 325i, Grado Rs2i and the Heir audio 4.ai and 3.ai. I really want a headphone that will run well without a amp because i will be carrying these new ones around. The bleed in sound is not a issue FYI. Also it would be great to keep the price under 500. Thank you in advance
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Heir Audio - The Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 3:52 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Have a neck issue. Need a light weight open can. Last post on 12/14/12 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need open headphones or IEMS Last post on 8/10/12 at 11:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Heir Audio 4.A Last post on 5/20/13 at 9:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Edited on 5/13/13
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Need Open headphones or IEMS!!post #1 of 148/10/12 at 8:07pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 148/10/12 at 10:02pm
You need to post on the Portable IEM section of the forum to get folks who best know those items.
With regard to the Grados, I'm not sure what you mean with regard to how you be using these new can by "carrying them around". Generally speaking the Grado woodies are probably too delicate for this type of use. In addition both the the Grados you mentioned have a long, thick cord/cable. Is that OK?post #3 of 148/10/12 at 10:28pmThread Starterpost #4 of 148/10/12 at 10:30pmThread Starterpost #5 of 148/10/12 at 11:14pm
In that case I highly recommend the RS2i (which can be had at a discount from Amazon and elsewhere once in a while) and an affordable protective case like this one:post #6 of 148/10/12 at 11:19pmThread Starterpost #7 of 148/10/12 at 11:31pmQuote:
I think so--at least when I was able to get it at a $100 off. However, it will depend on what you want and your budget. In fact I would select the Alessandro MS2 (which is based on the 325is) over the 325is because the Alessandro tames the highs a bit. This is especially true if you are not using a tube or hyrid amp--which understand is your situation.
Placed at the top of the SR line, the 325/MS2 is a transition can from the SR line to RS line. The SR line gives you that classic Grado wall of sound. The 325/MS adds build quality, better cable, clarity, separation, bass and little sound stage that its less expensive SR siblings lack. The RS2i is a different animal in many ways. The wall of sound is gone, replaced by greater clarity, separation and sound stage, plus more bass and great range in general. It pulls apart the music and allows you to pick out each individual musical voice--at the cost of the SR slam/in your face sound.
Edited by KG Jag - 8/10/12 at 11:32pmpost #8 of 148/11/12 at 8:45amThread Starterpost #9 of 148/11/12 at 8:50amThread StarterAlso however I'm starting to think that buying a expensive can will make me worry too much about damaging it during travel. For that reason what do you guys think will be the best for UNDER 200. The audio technica ath ad 700 looks promising and so does the superluxpost #10 of 148/11/12 at 9:46pmThread Starterpost #11 of 148/11/12 at 9:53pmpost #12 of 148/11/12 at 9:58pmThread Starterpost #13 of 148/11/12 at 10:01pmQuote:
If you want neutral Senns within your budget, you should look at the HD 600.
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!!
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Alessandro MS PRO EUROPE 1 minute ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 1 minute ago
- › Most underrated/ Forgotten IEMs.....(only IEM please) 1 minute ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 2 minutes ago
- › My iem just broke and need a replacement... 2 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › What media player do you use ? 4 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 2 5 minutes ago
- › London Calling...19th October, 2013. 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe