hi, i recently decided that i need a new pair of cans. However, i cannot decide what to get. I listen to a wide range of music so i need headphone that is good all around. My current headphones that im using is the Denon ahd 5000 and the Shure Se215. I love the bassyness of these cans but however i beleive that i need a change. What im looking at right now are the Grado 325i, Grado Rs2i and the Heir audio 4.ai and 3.ai. I really want a headphone that will run well without a amp because i will be carrying these new ones around. The bleed in sound is not a issue FYI. Also it would be great to keep the price under 500. Thank you in advance
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 8/12/12
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/12/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Atagged by System, 8/12/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 8/12/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/12/12
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by System, 8/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread Last post on 6/24/13 at 3:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Have a neck issue. Need a light weight open can. Last post on 12/14/12 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need open headphones or IEMS Last post on 8/10/12 at 11:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
Need Open headphones or IEMS!!post #1 of 148/10/12 at 8:07pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 148/10/12 at 10:02pm
You need to post on the Portable IEM section of the forum to get folks who best know those items.
With regard to the Grados, I'm not sure what you mean with regard to how you be using these new can by "carrying them around". Generally speaking the Grado woodies are probably too delicate for this type of use. In addition both the the Grados you mentioned have a long, thick cord/cable. Is that OK?post #3 of 148/10/12 at 10:28pmThread Starterpost #4 of 148/10/12 at 10:30pmThread Starterpost #5 of 148/10/12 at 11:14pm
In that case I highly recommend the RS2i (which can be had at a discount from Amazon and elsewhere once in a while) and an affordable protective case like this one:post #6 of 148/10/12 at 11:19pmThread Starterpost #7 of 148/10/12 at 11:31pmQuote:
I think so--at least when I was able to get it at a $100 off. However, it will depend on what you want and your budget. In fact I would select the Alessandro MS2 (which is based on the 325is) over the 325is because the Alessandro tames the highs a bit. This is especially true if you are not using a tube or hyrid amp--which understand is your situation.
Placed at the top of the SR line, the 325/MS2 is a transition can from the SR line to RS line. The SR line gives you that classic Grado wall of sound. The 325/MS adds build quality, better cable, clarity, separation, bass and little sound stage that its less expensive SR siblings lack. The RS2i is a different animal in many ways. The wall of sound is gone, replaced by greater clarity, separation and sound stage, plus more bass and great range in general. It pulls apart the music and allows you to pick out each individual musical voice--at the cost of the SR slam/in your face sound.
Edited by KG Jag - 8/10/12 at 11:32pmpost #8 of 148/11/12 at 8:45amThread Starterpost #9 of 148/11/12 at 8:50amThread StarterAlso however I'm starting to think that buying a expensive can will make me worry too much about damaging it during travel. For that reason what do you guys think will be the best for UNDER 200. The audio technica ath ad 700 looks promising and so does the superluxpost #10 of 148/11/12 at 9:46pmThread Starterpost #11 of 148/11/12 at 9:53pmpost #12 of 148/11/12 at 9:58pmThread Starterpost #13 of 148/11/12 at 10:01pmQuote:
If you want neutral Senns within your budget, you should look at the HD 600.
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread. 23 seconds ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 28 seconds ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 6 with 128GB 1 minute ago
- › I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some... 1 minute ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › S/PDIF Advanced Properties Win 7 destroyed my Philips Home... 2 minutes ago
- › HD 598 Replacement 7 minutes ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 8 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)