hi, i recently decided that i need a new pair of cans. However, i cannot decide what to get. I listen to a wide range of music so i need headphone that is good all around. My current headphones that im using is the Denon ahd 5000 and the Shure Se215. I love the bassyness of these cans but however i beleive that i need a change. What im looking at right now are the Grado 325i, Grado Rs2i and the Heir audio 4.ai and 3.ai. I really want a headphone that will run well without a amp because i will be carrying these new ones around. The bleed in sound is not a issue FYI. Also it would be great to keep the price under 500. Thank you in advance
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 8/12/12
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/12/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Atagged by System, 8/12/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 8/12/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/12/12
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by System, 8/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread Last post on 6/24/13 at 3:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Have a neck issue. Need a light weight open can. Last post on 12/14/12 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need open headphones or IEMS Last post on 8/10/12 at 11:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
Need Open headphones or IEMS!!post #1 of 148/10/12 at 8:07pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 148/10/12 at 10:02pm
You need to post on the Portable IEM section of the forum to get folks who best know those items.
With regard to the Grados, I'm not sure what you mean with regard to how you be using these new can by "carrying them around". Generally speaking the Grado woodies are probably too delicate for this type of use. In addition both the the Grados you mentioned have a long, thick cord/cable. Is that OK?post #3 of 148/10/12 at 10:28pmThread Starterpost #4 of 148/10/12 at 10:30pmThread Starterpost #5 of 148/10/12 at 11:14pm
In that case I highly recommend the RS2i (which can be had at a discount from Amazon and elsewhere once in a while) and an affordable protective case like this one:post #6 of 148/10/12 at 11:19pmThread Starterpost #7 of 148/10/12 at 11:31pmQuote:
I think so--at least when I was able to get it at a $100 off. However, it will depend on what you want and your budget. In fact I would select the Alessandro MS2 (which is based on the 325is) over the 325is because the Alessandro tames the highs a bit. This is especially true if you are not using a tube or hyrid amp--which understand is your situation.
Placed at the top of the SR line, the 325/MS2 is a transition can from the SR line to RS line. The SR line gives you that classic Grado wall of sound. The 325/MS adds build quality, better cable, clarity, separation, bass and little sound stage that its less expensive SR siblings lack. The RS2i is a different animal in many ways. The wall of sound is gone, replaced by greater clarity, separation and sound stage, plus more bass and great range in general. It pulls apart the music and allows you to pick out each individual musical voice--at the cost of the SR slam/in your face sound.
Edited by KG Jag - 8/10/12 at 11:32pmpost #8 of 148/11/12 at 8:45amThread Starterpost #9 of 148/11/12 at 8:50amThread StarterAlso however I'm starting to think that buying a expensive can will make me worry too much about damaging it during travel. For that reason what do you guys think will be the best for UNDER 200. The audio technica ath ad 700 looks promising and so does the superluxpost #10 of 148/11/12 at 9:46pmThread Starterpost #11 of 148/11/12 at 9:53pmpost #12 of 148/11/12 at 9:58pmThread Starterpost #13 of 148/11/12 at 10:01pmQuote:
If you want neutral Senns within your budget, you should look at the HD 600.
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Your top five favourite drummers - any genre of music - just name... 5 seconds ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 18 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 29 seconds ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 53 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-07-30 1 minute ago
- › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 1 minute ago
- › Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)