or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Mytek Stereo 192 DSD DAC/Preamp/Amplifier Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mytek Stereo 192 DSD DAC/Preamp/Amplifier Thread - Page 19

post #271 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post
 

Ya I guess so, Mytek comes with the headphone out so worth the money I guess.  

But I just don't like the look of Mytek, to me just not pretty at all. Look-wise W4S wins for me. :) (just me).

 

w4s is ugly too though, its boxy and dull.

post #272 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post
 

I also wonder Mytek 192 vs Wyred DAC2 DSDse.  

 

Here in Canada Mytek 192 = $1800 CAD, W4SD2 DSDse => $2500 CAD

if your gonna spend 2500 just get the BDA2 

post #273 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post

if your gonna spend 2500 just get the BDA2 

 



Benchmark DAC2 outperforms Mytek 192 DAC ?, dang, it's getting harder to decide which one to get. smily_headphones1.gif
post #274 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

 

w4s is ugly too though, its boxy and dull.

 



Haha, for me W4S is beautiful and simple. W4S looks more luxurious than Mytek.
post #275 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

 

w4s is ugly too though, its boxy and dull.

Picked Mytek due to a small footprint and headphone output.  W4S shape is odd, not quite standard audio deck size.

 

Anyone compares Mytek versus PS Audio PWD 2?


Edited by Sko0byDoo - 1/30/14 at 9:26am
post #276 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

if your gonna spend 2500 just get the BDA2 

 



Benchmark DAC2 outperforms Mytek 192 DAC ?, dang, it's getting harder to decide which one to get. smily_headphones1.gif

No not that - i meant this ¬  BRYSTON BDA 2

 

 

If you are from Canada there is probably one that you can try out near where you live. 


Edited by magiccabbage - 1/30/14 at 9:35am
post #277 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post

No not that - i meant this ¬  BRYSTON BDA 2

 

 

If you are from Canada there is probably one that you can try out near where you live. 

 



So Bryton is better ? I am really a technical guru but want to buy good DAC for many years use.

Thanks !
post #278 of 343
I have both. The pwd is better no doubt.
The pwd has much better low end and overall better sound
Also the volume control is much better as well
Now if in use the offramp with USB to spidif
And i2s the pwd is still better but it improves greatly
Both dacs


It looks much better too.
But it does not do DSD native.
But the truth is the MyTek is not for me
post #279 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

I have both. The pwd is better no doubt.

The pwd has much better low end and overall better sound

Also the volume control is much better as well

Now if in use the offramp with USB to spidif

And i2s the pwd is still better but it improves greatly

Both dacs





It looks much better too.

But it does not do DSD native.

But the truth is the MyTek is not for me

 



Ok you guys are confusing me now. what is PWD ? is that acronym? or Bryston BDA-2
post #280 of 343
Ps audio
PWD MKII
it's a DAC dubstep asked about
My advice is try to listen to dacs.
The entire sound is up for opinion.
Not entirely based on those peoples review

I know it's hard but this is why most people buy a few before getting the right one
Read a lot.

Al😎😎😎
post #281 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

No not that - i meant this ¬  BRYSTON BDA 2

 

 

If you are from Canada there is probably one that you can try out near where you live. 

 



So Bryton is better ? I am really a technical guru but want to buy good DAC for many years use.

Thanks !

Machedonian hero had the WFS DAC 2 and upgraded to the Bryston so maybe ask him. I think he audition the PWD also. 

post #282 of 343

I own the Mytek 192 and the Yulong DA8. Now the Mytek is turned off.

post #283 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

Ps audio

PWD MKII

it's a DAC dubstep asked about

My advice is try to listen to dacs.

The entire sound is up for opinion.

Not entirely based on those peoples review



I know it's hard but this is why most people buy a few before getting the right one

Read a lot.



Al😎😎😎

 



Oh my that's twice the Mytek price, I am gonna have to pack lunch in a brown bag. smily_headphones1.gif
post #284 of 343
Some dacs cost more. But you could get the DAC used

I have a msb stack I bought used
So to me used hi end electronics is fine to buy
I would not buy used headphones
But plenty if people do that to.
So the pwd is about 2 k or less used
I cannot speak for what I do not have
But can for what I do.

Al
post #285 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post
 

I also wonder Mytek 192 vs Wyred DAC2 DSDse.  

 

Here in Canada Mytek 192 = $1800 CAD, W4SD2 DSDse => $2500 CAD

 

Both are nice units.  I like the look of both myself.  The DSDse does offer some benefits over the Mytek AFAICT:

 

Asynchronous USB input supports 32-bit 384kHz vs. 32-bit 192kHz
Upgradable Digital, Output, and USB boards (designed for future improvements) vs. not upgradable
2x Coax inputs vs. 1x
2x Toslink inputs vx. 1x
1x Balanced I2S input via HDMI cable (not standard HDMI cable format) vs. no I2S input

Not sure what the Mytek warranty is but the DSDse is 5 years.  Of course it is more expensive as well.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Mytek Stereo 192 DSD DAC/Preamp/Amplifier Thread