I think I've found it. If not I'll get an angry email from some random housewife who thinks my acronyms mean something rude... :-)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Macbook pro's build-in DAC vs FiiO E10? Last post on 12/17/12 at 10:08am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best amp DAC for hd800 Last post on 10/31/12 at 6:10am in Dedicated Source Components
- Portable USB DAC to drive headphones and maybe speakers Last post on 10/13/12 at 1:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
Best i-Device portable DAC ever listened to, very neutral and smooth like from a desktop DAC. Currently using it with my iPod touch 5 (Yes, it's support lightinig connector). I will prefer filter...
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
Mytek Stereo 192 DSD DAC/Preamp/Amplifier Review & Appreciation Thread - Page 18
Problem solved - the Mytek needs USB power enabled to recognise the connection on the USB2 input, whereas its USB1 input didn't. I'd switched that off on the SoTM card as my other DACs didn't need it. It’s working fine now.
As I am a BIG "noob" in the DAC world, I am looking for a DAC that I can use for my future DarkStar/WA6SE/Liquid Gold.
I also want to use this DAC to connect to speaker amp,
Which one is better ?
The only reason you would want the mastering version is if you work with professional mastering gear that can put out an unmastered DSD signal over something other than USB. Basically, you know if you need the mastering version. The preamp version is designed for consumers.
Hahaha, that could have been me. Thanks ladies and gents.
preamp version ....
and get a FW on you cpu you need it to update firmware and it sounds better too.
come on people help the person . he needs to know that too..
Thanks Al, I also read some post back there about bypassing the pre-amp from you, it was helpful.
Many thanks !.
one more thing use the analog volume control it is much better than the digital . they both raise and lower the volume but the analog does it .
you are very welcome , I am sure I come off sometimes cranky . its that so many people drive many crazy with misinformation I do it too . but I fess up .
I also wonder Mytek 192 vs Wyred DAC2 DSDse.
Here in Canada Mytek 192 = $1800 CAD, W4SD2 DSDse => $2500 CAD
seems like mytek would be the better value, don't know how much of an improvement the DSDse version offers over the regular one.
Ya I guess so, Mytek comes with the headphone out so worth the money I guess.
But I just don't like the look of Mytek, to me just not pretty at all. Look-wise W4S wins for me. :) (just me).
- Mytek Stereo 192 DSD DAC/Preamp/Amplifier Review & Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Official/ New York Spring Meet Sat April 5 2014 - Impressions Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › which phone in 2014 has best audio 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Review: JDS Labs O2 (Black edition) + O2/ODAC discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 6 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 7 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 by Jensenchua
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob