Try the TH900, it is probably one of the top headphones out there. It also have a reasonable level of isolation.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 8/12/12
- productAudio Technica W1000Xtagged by System, 8/12/12
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by System, 8/12/12
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by System, 8/12/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/12
- productDenon AH-D7100 Music Maniactagged by System, 8/12/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/12/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/12/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/12
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 8/12/12More
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 8/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Top quality Closed headphones under $600? Last post on 1/22/13 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/14/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? - Page 2post #16 of 218/17/12 at 5:10pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 218/30/12 at 2:11am
Kind of curious why 535 cannot be worn for prolong time. Is it because of the shape not matching well? I understood everyone's ear is different. For my case, shure is quite comfortable and I cannot imagine how much more miserable it will be if I use a pair of full size can for long working hours. Big cans can get heavier and hotter over time. :-)post #18 of 218/30/12 at 3:04ampost #19 of 2110/25/12 at 2:43ampost #20 of 2110/25/12 at 2:47amQuote:
I don't find my Ed8/T5p particularly different at all in terms of sound leakage when others are listening to them, that may be a fit-related thing though considering that the Ed8 cups are fairly small so perhaps they don't isolate quite as well for people with larger ears? Haven't noticed a particular difference in terms of isolating from external noise when wearing them either.
Edited by NZtechfreak - 10/25/12 at 2:54ampost #21 of 2110/26/12 at 6:01am
Well, when i compared both, people around have heard more T5P than Ed8. But you're right, for external noise, it's almost the same.
I'am going to Paris to hear the D7100 next friday, i will be able to compare versus the T5P.
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 8 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 9 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 15 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 22 seconds ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 30 seconds ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 32 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 40 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 1 minute ago
- › ### Amp/Dac under $400 ### 1 minute ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)