Try the TH900, it is probably one of the top headphones out there. It also have a reasonable level of isolation.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 8/13/12
- productAudio Technica W1000Xtagged by System, 8/13/12
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by System, 8/13/12
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by System, 8/13/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 8/13/12
- productDenon AH-D7100 Music Maniactagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/13/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/13/12
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 8/13/12More
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 8/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Top quality Closed headphones under $600? Last post on 1/22/13 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
First of all, I gave these a 3 star mostly for their price. At about 9 bucks they are about the cheapest headphones around. I mean, who is going to pass up a deal like that. They are dirt cheap and...
Q-audio French Silk Aftermarket Cable for MrSpeakers Alpha Dog INTRODUCTION I have spent a little over two months with the Alpha Dogs and its stock cable. About one month into the journey...
Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? - Page 2post #16 of 218/17/12 at 5:10pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 218/30/12 at 2:11am
Kind of curious why 535 cannot be worn for prolong time. Is it because of the shape not matching well? I understood everyone's ear is different. For my case, shure is quite comfortable and I cannot imagine how much more miserable it will be if I use a pair of full size can for long working hours. Big cans can get heavier and hotter over time. :-)post #18 of 218/30/12 at 3:04ampost #19 of 2110/25/12 at 2:43ampost #20 of 2110/25/12 at 2:47amQuote:
I don't find my Ed8/T5p particularly different at all in terms of sound leakage when others are listening to them, that may be a fit-related thing though considering that the Ed8 cups are fairly small so perhaps they don't isolate quite as well for people with larger ears? Haven't noticed a particular difference in terms of isolating from external noise when wearing them either.
Edited by NZtechfreak - 10/25/12 at 2:54ampost #21 of 2110/26/12 at 6:01am
Well, when i compared both, people around have heard more T5P than Ed8. But you're right, for external noise, it's almost the same.
I'am going to Paris to hear the D7100 next friday, i will be able to compare versus the T5P.
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Sennheiser IE80 with Silver Galaxy Cable 51 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Where do New Zealanders get their gear from? 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp... 4 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 4 minutes ago
- › LA7000 - Denon D7000 with Lawton Cups and high end balanced cable 5 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 6 minutes ago
- › TDK IE800 Dual High-Performance Dynamic Micro-Drivers IEM 7 minutes ago
- › Tablets with USB-Audio that can handle large Hard-drives? 7 minutes ago
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi