Try the TH900, it is probably one of the top headphones out there. It also have a reasonable level of isolation.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 8/12/12
- productAudio Technica W1000Xtagged by System, 8/12/12
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by System, 8/12/12
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by System, 8/12/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/12
- productDenon AH-D7100 Music Maniactagged by System, 8/12/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/12/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/12/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/12
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 8/12/12More
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 8/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Top quality Closed headphones under $600? Last post on 1/22/13 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
*Not an audio professional review, only my user opinion* After listening to lots of headphones inside this price ranger I decided on these. I was first worried cause lately I was reading lots...
First, I’d like to thank Audrey and the folks at Brainwavz and MP4 Nation for providing a sample of the S5 for review. It was late last month when I received a message from the folks at...
help!! I'm fallling!!!!!!!(photoshop lvl expert) For any Sony DAPs, the letter goes for a kind/category of DAP. The first numbers for the model and the last number is always for the onboard...
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? - Page 2post #16 of 218/17/12 at 5:10pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 218/30/12 at 2:11am
Kind of curious why 535 cannot be worn for prolong time. Is it because of the shape not matching well? I understood everyone's ear is different. For my case, shure is quite comfortable and I cannot imagine how much more miserable it will be if I use a pair of full size can for long working hours. Big cans can get heavier and hotter over time. :-)post #18 of 218/30/12 at 3:04ampost #19 of 2110/25/12 at 2:43ampost #20 of 2110/25/12 at 2:47amQuote:
I don't find my Ed8/T5p particularly different at all in terms of sound leakage when others are listening to them, that may be a fit-related thing though considering that the Ed8 cups are fairly small so perhaps they don't isolate quite as well for people with larger ears? Haven't noticed a particular difference in terms of isolating from external noise when wearing them either.
Edited by NZtechfreak - 10/25/12 at 2:54ampost #21 of 2110/26/12 at 6:01am
Well, when i compared both, people around have heard more T5P than Ed8. But you're right, for external noise, it's almost the same.
I'am going to Paris to hear the D7100 next friday, i will be able to compare versus the T5P.
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7) 43 seconds ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 1 minute ago
- › $1295 Aurender FLOW - portable DAC/amp with mSATA slot for up to... 2 minutes ago
- › Old Audioengine A5 massive pops, crackle 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 5 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 7 minutes ago
- › MY NEW AKG K612 Pro audiophile headphone APPRECIATION 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)