Try the TH900, it is probably one of the top headphones out there. It also have a reasonable level of isolation.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 8/12/12
- productAudio Technica W1000Xtagged by System, 8/12/12
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by System, 8/12/12
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by System, 8/12/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/12
- productDenon AH-D7100 Music Maniactagged by System, 8/12/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/12/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/12/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/12
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 8/12/12More
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 8/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Top quality Closed headphones under $600? Last post on 1/22/13 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
Disclaimer: I am in not associated with any company; my views are mine, and my own. The Thinksound Rain2 is the newest IEM produced and designed by the environmentally friendly company...
Introduction: When I first came accross the AudioMinor in e-bay I was surprised that the seller is located in the country where I live: Turkey. I have contacted with the company owner/ebay...
For those if you who know me, you know i prefer the FR curve to be as neutral as possible. I have the Etymotic ER4s (ER4p with Etymotic's 75 ohm converter cable), had the HF5, and tried many...
Around 2009, the rumbling and chatter at Headfi.org was getting louder… It was beginning to roar. There was mention of a DIY designer who had an amp that would not only change headphone...
Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? - Page 2post #16 of 218/17/12 at 5:10pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 218/30/12 at 2:11am
Kind of curious why 535 cannot be worn for prolong time. Is it because of the shape not matching well? I understood everyone's ear is different. For my case, shure is quite comfortable and I cannot imagine how much more miserable it will be if I use a pair of full size can for long working hours. Big cans can get heavier and hotter over time. :-)post #18 of 218/30/12 at 3:04ampost #19 of 2110/25/12 at 2:43ampost #20 of 2110/25/12 at 2:47amQuote:
I don't find my Ed8/T5p particularly different at all in terms of sound leakage when others are listening to them, that may be a fit-related thing though considering that the Ed8 cups are fairly small so perhaps they don't isolate quite as well for people with larger ears? Haven't noticed a particular difference in terms of isolating from external noise when wearing them either.
Edited by NZtechfreak - 10/25/12 at 2:54ampost #21 of 2110/26/12 at 6:01am
Well, when i compared both, people around have heard more T5P than Ed8. But you're right, for external noise, it's almost the same.
I'am going to Paris to hear the D7100 next friday, i will be able to compare versus the T5P.
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 11 seconds ago
- › the Pimeta-V2 thread 22 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 2 minutes ago
- › Is Aliexpress Site trustworthy? 2 minutes ago
- › Portable Amp for plane trip? 3 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › Schiit Vali by CEE TEE
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by ClieOS
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by potatoe94
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3