Try the TH900, it is probably one of the top headphones out there. It also have a reasonable level of isolation.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 8/12/12
- productAudio Technica W1000Xtagged by System, 8/12/12
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by System, 8/12/12
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by System, 8/12/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/12
- productDenon AH-D7100 Music Maniactagged by System, 8/12/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/12/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/12/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/12
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 8/12/12More
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 8/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Top quality Closed headphones under $600? Last post on 1/22/13 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/14/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? - Page 2post #16 of 218/17/12 at 5:10pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 218/30/12 at 2:11am
Kind of curious why 535 cannot be worn for prolong time. Is it because of the shape not matching well? I understood everyone's ear is different. For my case, shure is quite comfortable and I cannot imagine how much more miserable it will be if I use a pair of full size can for long working hours. Big cans can get heavier and hotter over time. :-)post #18 of 218/30/12 at 3:04ampost #19 of 2110/25/12 at 2:43ampost #20 of 2110/25/12 at 2:47amQuote:
I don't find my Ed8/T5p particularly different at all in terms of sound leakage when others are listening to them, that may be a fit-related thing though considering that the Ed8 cups are fairly small so perhaps they don't isolate quite as well for people with larger ears? Haven't noticed a particular difference in terms of isolating from external noise when wearing them either.
Edited by NZtechfreak - 10/25/12 at 2:54ampost #21 of 2110/26/12 at 6:01am
Well, when i compared both, people around have heard more T5P than Ed8. But you're right, for external noise, it's almost the same.
I'am going to Paris to hear the D7100 next friday, i will be able to compare versus the T5P.
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 2 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 3 minutes ago
- › New to forum interested in good sounding on-ears 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 4 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio "Mini" desktop line discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 5 minutes ago
- › Pro-Ject + Schiit + Sennheiser 5 minutes ago
- › Buying my first audiophile grade headphones need some help please :) 6 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)