Great review! Hmm next upgrade?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- triple fi 10 ruined in the wash.. need new iems! Last post on 11/9/12 at 5:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM's Under $500 Last post on 11/18/12 at 8:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on Today at 5:20 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 5/29/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The purple edition of this headphone is a hidden gem. Most people see me wearing these and assume I am some unacknowledged sheeple. While this is possible, I would attest to the argument that these...
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
[REVIEW] Heir Audio 4.Ai: Could We Have Perfection? - Page 2post #16 of 2608/10/12 at 9:38pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 2608/10/12 at 10:58pmpost #18 of 2608/11/12 at 12:21amThread Starter
Thank you for all of the compliments guys!
I have had them 5 days. I said this is the review but also that i have completely settled with them after so much use. I know everything they can throw at me now.
I also pointed this out in the review and that mine did not have them all.
The three kinds are
post #19 of 2608/11/12 at 12:44ampost #20 of 2608/11/12 at 12:46ampost #21 of 2608/11/12 at 1:01amQuote:
- Single Flange Large Bore
- Another Single Flange (perhaps small bore)
- Dual Flange
Five days is a short amount of time for a very, very large amount of information in that review IMO. It usually takes me about a month at least to settle into a new IEM, because that new toy sensation stays for at least a fornight. I really appreciate your time in writing up such a lengthy examination but I cannot help feel your opinions my change in coming weeks, which would question the reviews accuracy. It's just a lot of money to be laying on the table for a five day ownership impression at this stage if I wanted to buy.
Again, I really appreciate your time and honesty it all just seems a little premature.. I don't question your opinion, I'm not trying to have a go at you.
Goodluck with your new 4Ai.post #22 of 2608/11/12 at 1:19amThread StarterHey some earphones I still can not put my finger on what is going on with the sound for so long, that's why some reviews are still not out even though I have owned the product for a while. New toy syndrome or the honeymoon phase is of course a major problem in it here but I got that out of the way pretty quickly. 7 hours listening on the first day really settled how I heard it and comparing it with enough very good IEM really grounds it as well.
Physical elements are not going to change unless it breaks so they will not change.
As for sound unless it turns into a bass monster over night then I think I no what is going, it is perhaps the easiest sound I have had to to read because it's so effortless at make such as natural sound.
I am listening to it now just causally on the way to the harbour for my cruise, no expectation, no excitement in my stomach as it is no longer new to me, I am over all of that and as I listen to No Suprises by Radiohead it is exactly how I described the sound in this review. I am not someone who regrets what the put in there reviews or look back and think how wrong was I there, I am 99% certain this will be the case here.
Hope you enjoy it guys and see you in a week!post #23 of 2608/11/12 at 5:49am
OMG, Sonny, what have you done to me?!
They look soooo damn pretty. I am probably going to end up buying these soon, just cause they look so damn hot. I have a feeling these may be a perfect fit for me too, well... they seem so from the pics next to the asg1. Any ideas on size vs ba200 from how you remember them?
Your chart shows it having a fair bit more bass than the ba200 which is what i did want, hell that sound stage is a bonus.
Could this be that one iem i've been waiting for all this time? ...The closest thing to the k701?post #24 of 2608/11/12 at 6:00amThread StarterThe bass of the BA200 is perhaps same in quantity but more impact. May even have less quantity but do much better quality. I not sure though that it will satisfy your needs bass wise. Yes it is the prettiest thing I have ever seen and it is still bigger than the BA200. The soundstage is perhaps a 7or8/10 for size but a 15/10 for the Imaging and presentation hense the score it got as well as a 10/10 depth.
I guess you could say these are a more balanced refined ba200 but they do have less mid bass, better extension I found and better quality for sure. Extension is hard with BAs but these groaned low.
Rember the review is what I really want to say about the sound so go on that first, the chart is just a guidance. It is getting harder to maintain with so many being added, I will do a revision when I get home from holiday.
Edited by Swimsonny - 8/11/12 at 6:07ampost #25 of 2608/11/12 at 6:06ampost #26 of 2608/11/12 at 8:46amQuote:
If you order now your units won't ship until September 1st, so both I suppose.post #27 of 2608/11/12 at 9:37ampost #28 of 2608/11/12 at 10:42ampost #29 of 2608/11/12 at 10:55amQuote:
$4 > $3 ...Just stating a financial truth. Make what you will of it.
I guess it really comes down to preference. Neutral, or fun?post #30 of 2608/11/12 at 11:05am
Thanks for the review. I wonder how much the tube tuning has to do with getting the most out of the TWFK. Seems some customs really get these to sing and may be another advantage to the semi custom nature of the design beyond the dual port.
I'm surprised that you note the se530 as bass shy.
Edited by goodvibes - 8/11/12 at 11:11amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Heir Audio 4.Ai: Could We Have Perfection?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 31 seconds ago
- › Rcommendation On New Headphones And Old Receiver 49 seconds ago
- › December 2013 - Mook Headphone Festival Singapore 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 6 minutes ago
- › Mint condition Schiit Lyr with stock GE 6BZ7 tubes and PYST... 6 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 6 minutes ago
- › Interest Check - Audiovalve RKV MKII 7 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 8 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Mango Tree Wood Cups. Fit HE-300 , HE-400 , HE-500 , HE-4, ... 8 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 8 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by boobs
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi