Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Amp DAC for Beyerdynamic DT 770pro 250Ω
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Amp DAC for Beyerdynamic DT 770pro 250Ω

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

Hello Everyone, 

 

Thanks you all for having such a nice forum for headphone-guys. 

After lot of research wrt my choice of music and budget i ended up buying Beyerdynamic DT 770pro 250Ω. 

 

But I'm not able to decide on the DAC/amp, i was waiting for the fiio E17 but after listening to its( friend bought it) i don't think its able to justify the cans (may be I'm wrong, as just listened to 2-3 songs only)

As per my limited knowledge, I'm doing all possible reading but I'm not able to reach any conclusion as what should i buy so that the cans can be justified.

 

 

I listen to almost all forms of Rock,Indian semi-classical and some pop (Madonna,seal,). 

I prefer listening to Hi-fidelity music ( hdtracks.com, SAD, etc) 

 

I'm looking for some DAC/Amp which i can hook with the SPDIF output of my PC, as USB has limitation in playing hi fidelity audio.

 

My budget is max 200$, (cheaper is better, but even i can go beyond this budget if the amp/dac is able to justify the price).

 

 

currently i have certain products in mind, 

  • Cambridge Audio DACmagic 100, 
  • Pro-Ject HeadBox II
  • confused about which fiio model.
  • Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 Amplifier or D1 DAC ?

 

 

is anyone of these able to justify my needs?

please help me deciding what should i buy irrespective of my above said choices. 

 

im open to anyone who is selling their old amp/dac too.

 

Thanks.


Edited by netant - 8/11/12 at 6:22am
post #2 of 9
Thread Starter 

bump

post #3 of 9

Low cost option.

Asus Xonar DX or D1 sound card, used $50.

Single tube headphone amplifier, sells on eBay, prices from $50 to $120.

Just search on eBay "tube headphone amplifier"

 

Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card.

post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by netant View Post

Hello Everyone, 

 

Thanks you all for having such a nice forum for headphone-guys. 

After lot of research wrt my choice of music and budget i ended up buying Beyerdynamic DT 770pro 250Ω. 

 

But I'm not able to decide on the DAC/amp, i was waiting for the fiio E17 but after listening to its( friend bought it) i don't think its able to justify the cans (may be I'm wrong, as just listened to 2-3 songs only)

As per my limited knowledge, I'm doing all possible reading but I'm not able to reach any conclusion as what should i buy so that the cans can be justified.

 

 

I listen to almost all forms of Rock,Indian semi-classical and some pop (Madonna,seal,). 

I prefer listening to Hi-fidelity music ( hdtracks.com, SAD, etc) 

 

I'm looking for some DAC/Amp which i can hook with the SPDIF output of my PC, as USB has limitation in playing hi fidelity audio.  Who put this thought in your head?

 

My budget is max 200$, (cheaper is better, but even i can go beyond this budget if the amp/dac is able to justify the price).

 

 

currently i have certain products in mind, 

  • Cambridge Audio DACmagic 100, 
  • Pro-Ject HeadBox II
  • confused about which fiio model.
  • Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 Amplifier or D1 DAC ?

 

 

is anyone of these able to justify my needs?

please help me deciding what should i buy irrespective of my above said choices. 

 

im open to anyone who is selling their old amp/dac too.

 

Thanks.

see above

post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bixby View Post

Who put this thought in your head?

 

there are many places appear in Google, but one prominent place, Fiios official website whose says :-

Note: Due to the USB spec restriction on digital audio format. This device only support up to 48kHz / 16bits USB decoding function

post #6 of 9

Im sat right now listening to Distant Relatives ( By Nas & Damian Marley ) on the DacMagic 100 & the Headbox II over my DT 531's -  Almost SNAP eh?

 

Anyway for an under £300 setup its flawless.

 

Bass is there when you need it but not overbearing, Mids and Highs are smooth and clear. 

A very nice sounding rig for the price tag it presents.

 

I hope this helps a little?

 

Anyway if you do get the DacMagic 100 there is a thread somewhere on here that has some tips.

One I learnt myself - If your using a Mac at least, If the sampling rate doesnt auto switch, Turn the DAC off, When you switch it back on, Hold both buttons down for a few seconds and it will switch to USB2.0 mode, Which will then activate the Sample rate Auto switch :)

post #7 of 9

Amp DAC for Beyerdynamic DT 770pro 250

USB implementation has come a long way. Some chips only support up to 16/48. If you play cd rips (16/44.1) then you'll be fine. There's also other variables. Nowadays, you can have 24/192 out of USB with various devices.


Sent From My iPad From Ultrasone Planet Using Tapatalk HD
post #8 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

Low cost option.

Asus Xonar DX or D1 sound card, used $50.

Single tube headphone amplifier, sells on eBay, prices from $50 to $120.

Just search on eBay "tube headphone amplifier"

 

Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card.


how about TubeMagic D1 DAC ?

 

I might not be able to accommodate a PCI card, already exhausted 2 available slots :(

post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by netant View Post

 

there are many places appear in Google, but one prominent place, Fiios official website whose says :-

Note: Due to the USB spec restriction on digital audio format. This device only support up to 48kHz / 16bits USB decoding function

Just an FYI, Fiios makes low cost audio gear but for most of their products is not anywhere near what I would call hi fidelity audio, more entry level audio.  The note they have is for one of the oldest and low sampling rates for USB audio.  Today USB can support 384khz/ 32bit resolution.  To help your educational experience on USB you may wish to read the following.

 

http://thewelltemperedcomputer.com/Intro/SQ/USB_SPDIF.htm

 

http://www.ayre.com/pdf/Ayre_USB_DAC_White_Paper.pdf

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Amp DAC for Beyerdynamic DT 770pro 250Ω