Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Headphones for Electronic music (Mainly UK Hardcore, Freeform, Gabba) ~ Less than 200
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headphones for Electronic music (Mainly UK Hardcore, Freeform, Gabba) ~ Less than 200 - Page 2

post #16 of 26

I didn't like LP2 personally for the price I paid, I thought it was more like $75 (but maybe $130 with optimal EQ settings) worth of sound but perhaps it's because I like lower volume listening and LPs are meant for louder listening due to very recessed highs. For me I had a problem with the recessed highs (needed +3.5dB boost at 8kHz and like 5.5dB at 16kHz to appear evenly with the mids) but then I also noticed an annoying resonance/shouty upper-mid prob around 3.5kHz region and the bass wasn't textured & controlled enough for my liking. M50 are definitely better sounding pair of headphones but it also doesn't have anywhere close to the bass quantity of LP2.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 8/12/12 at 11:44am
post #17 of 26

From what you're saying, I'll prob go with the ATH-M50 and get the sound of what I paid for. Thanks for your advice!

post #18 of 26
Thread Starter 
Ugh i am so new to all of this stuff.. All this technical stuff about highs, mids, and lows.. :/ Since I will be getting my first pair, I wouldn't know what any of the technical things you guys talk about. I know impedance and ohms, I just don't know what you guys mean by soundstage and what not.. Is there a guide somewhere to learn all of this? Because I want to know sound. I don't want to be the guy who doesn't even know what he is talking about :P
post #19 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

I didn't like LP2 personally for the price I paid, I thought it was more like $75 (but maybe $130 with optimal EQ settings) worth of sound but perhaps it's because I like lower volume listening and LPs are meant for louder listening due to very recessed highs. For me I had a problem with the recessed highs (needed +3.5dB boost at 8kHz and like 5.5dB at 16kHz to appear evenly with the mids) but then I also noticed an annoying resonance/shouty upper-mid prob around 3.5kHz region and the bass wasn't textured & controlled enough for my liking. M50 are definitely better sounding pair of headphones but it also doesn't have anywhere close to the bass quantity of LP2.

I am hearing that if you burn them in for a bit that sounds balance out. Is this true? I also hear that the crossfades leak? Do they? and if so, how badly?

post #20 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseisanewb012 View Post

I am hearing that if you burn them in for a bit that sounds balance out. Is this true? I also hear that the crossfades leak? Do they? and if so, how badly?

 

I had burned in them for the suggested +20 hrs and didn't hear enough improvements. The Crossfades leak a bit, nothing too major but I never did any exact investigations on this personally as it's not a concern for me personally.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 8/12/12 at 3:57pm
post #21 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

 

I had burned in them for the suggested +20 hrs and didn't hear enough improvements. The Crossfades only leak a bit nothing too major.

Sorry for another question, but do they creak? People when giving reviews are complaining that a few hours in, the screws or something start to creak when you move your head.. ?

post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseisanewb012 View Post

Sorry for another question, but do they creak? People when giving reviews are complaining that a few hours in, the screws or something start to creak when you move your head.. ?

 

Haven't been using them enough to be able to give an accurate answer on that.

post #23 of 26

Just letting you know I was like hell with all the research and waiting. I just ordered Audio Technica ATH-M50. 

post #24 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by amipat01 View Post

Just letting you know I was like hell with all the research and waiting. I just ordered Audio Technica ATH-M50. 

I am debating if I should get the originals, or the Limited Edition. I hear the LE is more durable :l

post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by amipat01 View Post

Just letting you know I was like hell with all the research and waiting. I just ordered Audio Technica ATH-M50. 

 

i have the same problem i'm torn between the v-moda and the m50's. when will your m50's arrive, can you inform us about how it turns out with the bass? i'm going to order one today or maybe tomorrow the latest i think. also, did you get the coiled one?
post #26 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by amipat01 View Post

Just letting you know I was like hell with all the research and waiting. I just ordered Audio Technica ATH-M50. 

I ordered the Vmodas and they sound awesome! I am by no means an audiophile, but I love these headphones!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Headphones for Electronic music (Mainly UK Hardcore, Freeform, Gabba) ~ Less than 200