i know i am new. anyone can explain this? thx u!
Related Forum Threads
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 8/28/14 at 8:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for good headphones around $100 Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best IEM Workout/Work Headphone Last post on 11/8/12 at 9:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
why people perfer y-cord more than j-cord?post #1 of 188/10/12 at 7:17amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 188/11/12 at 5:44amThread Starterpost #3 of 188/11/12 at 8:50ampost #4 of 188/11/12 at 11:37amThread Starterpost #5 of 188/13/12 at 6:16amThread Starterpost #6 of 188/13/12 at 6:21ampost #7 of 188/13/12 at 6:24am
I have always only had j cords, and thinking about it I would prefer it this way. Also the headphones I had were single wired. Less hassle with cables is better for me. My desk is already too cluttered.post #8 of 188/14/12 at 7:15amThread Starter
Strange enough, back to the old day, all most all earphones come with j-cord.
Once high-end iem was introduced, the y-cord became the standard now, even low-end products.
It is very hard to find a j-cord iem now.post #9 of 188/14/12 at 12:25pm
I had a pair Sennheiser CX300 earbuds that had a j-cord. While walking, the weight of the entire cord was on the earbud in my right ear, and it would frequently fall out. Now I have a Y cord, and the weight is evenly distributed to both ears, and they stay in place.post #10 of 188/14/12 at 12:28pmQuote:
because you're supposed to put it on the back of you head! leaving it hang like that will cause that annoyin problempost #11 of 188/14/12 at 12:39pm
I tried both ways, in front with the wire under my chin, and in back with the wire resting on my neck. Same result, weight of the cord would pull on the right first. Not only is it annoying to have it fall out, but I also didn't like the feeling of more weight in one ear vs the other.post #12 of 188/14/12 at 1:17pm
For IEMs, Y-Cord.
For full-size, I prefer a J if the cord isn't to heavy. I couldn't imagine my Grado 225i with a J using the freak'n pythons they have on this thing. But my "Skype" headphones at home are J cord and wonderful because of that. I doubt the cable could handle the signal quality I'd want for music though...
post #13 of 188/14/12 at 4:31pmQuote:
had the same problem and after the cx300 never bought a y-jorded iempost #14 of 188/14/12 at 4:50pmQuote:
seconded... how to wear them properly is explained in the the manual (not that anyone reads them though)post #15 of 188/14/12 at 6:37pm
I had a lot of Sony IEMs in the past with the j-style cord. It was pretty convenient and comfortable if I didn't have to move around a lot. Otherwise, there were a lot of problems with unbalanced weight. Sometimes, you'll have too much weight on one side and it'll end up tugging on one ear.
y-style cords are just generally better for IEMS imo. For earbuds though, I prefer j-style cords. Can't comment on j-style full-size headphones though...Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- why people perfer y-cord more than j-cord?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion,... 4 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 9 seconds ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 35 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 37 seconds ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 1 minute ago
- › HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Best Under $2000 DAC and Phono 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)