i know i am new. anyone can explain this? thx u!
Related Forum Threads
- Is it safe for me to listen with 100% volume? Last post on 1/26/15 at 10:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- "The Lab" Last post on Yesterday at 7:56 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- earphones with more rumble? Last post on 7/18/14 at 2:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- in ear bluetoot WITH wire Last post on 6/1/14 at 4:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My tiny rant about headphones. Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
why people perfer y-cord more than j-cord?post #1 of 188/10/12 at 7:17amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 188/11/12 at 5:44amThread Starterpost #3 of 188/11/12 at 8:50ampost #4 of 188/11/12 at 11:37amThread Starterpost #5 of 188/13/12 at 6:16amThread Starterpost #6 of 188/13/12 at 6:21ampost #7 of 188/13/12 at 6:24am
I have always only had j cords, and thinking about it I would prefer it this way. Also the headphones I had were single wired. Less hassle with cables is better for me. My desk is already too cluttered.post #8 of 188/14/12 at 7:15amThread Starter
Strange enough, back to the old day, all most all earphones come with j-cord.
Once high-end iem was introduced, the y-cord became the standard now, even low-end products.
It is very hard to find a j-cord iem now.post #9 of 188/14/12 at 12:25pm
I had a pair Sennheiser CX300 earbuds that had a j-cord. While walking, the weight of the entire cord was on the earbud in my right ear, and it would frequently fall out. Now I have a Y cord, and the weight is evenly distributed to both ears, and they stay in place.post #10 of 188/14/12 at 12:28pmQuote:
because you're supposed to put it on the back of you head! leaving it hang like that will cause that annoyin problempost #11 of 188/14/12 at 12:39pm
I tried both ways, in front with the wire under my chin, and in back with the wire resting on my neck. Same result, weight of the cord would pull on the right first. Not only is it annoying to have it fall out, but I also didn't like the feeling of more weight in one ear vs the other.post #12 of 188/14/12 at 1:17pm
For IEMs, Y-Cord.
For full-size, I prefer a J if the cord isn't to heavy. I couldn't imagine my Grado 225i with a J using the freak'n pythons they have on this thing. But my "Skype" headphones at home are J cord and wonderful because of that. I doubt the cable could handle the signal quality I'd want for music though...
post #13 of 188/14/12 at 4:31pmQuote:
had the same problem and after the cx300 never bought a y-jorded iempost #14 of 188/14/12 at 4:50pmQuote:
seconded... how to wear them properly is explained in the the manual (not that anyone reads them though)post #15 of 188/14/12 at 6:37pm
I had a lot of Sony IEMs in the past with the j-style cord. It was pretty convenient and comfortable if I didn't have to move around a lot. Otherwise, there were a lot of problems with unbalanced weight. Sometimes, you'll have too much weight on one side and it'll end up tugging on one ear.
y-style cords are just generally better for IEMS imo. For earbuds though, I prefer j-style cords. Can't comment on j-style full-size headphones though...Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- why people perfer y-cord more than j-cord?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 second ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 2 minutes ago
- › Attention! Fake Klipsch Image X10 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 4 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 7 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy (WEEKEND SALE) *EU Seller* 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 9 minutes ago
- › Audio GD New NOS 7 2016 Edition Impression Thread 9 minutes ago
- › EarSonics' new 9 BA driver flagship: the S-EM9 16 minutes ago
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...