i know i am new. anyone can explain this? thx u!
Related Forum Threads
- Is it safe for me to listen with 100% volume? Last post on 1/26/15 at 10:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 3:25 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- earphones with more rumble? Last post on 7/18/14 at 2:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- in ear bluetoot WITH wire Last post on 6/1/14 at 4:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My tiny rant about headphones. Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
why people perfer y-cord more than j-cord?post #1 of 188/10/12 at 7:17amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 188/11/12 at 5:44amThread Starterpost #3 of 188/11/12 at 8:50ampost #4 of 188/11/12 at 11:37amThread Starterpost #5 of 188/13/12 at 6:16amThread Starterpost #6 of 188/13/12 at 6:21ampost #7 of 188/13/12 at 6:24am
I have always only had j cords, and thinking about it I would prefer it this way. Also the headphones I had were single wired. Less hassle with cables is better for me. My desk is already too cluttered.post #8 of 188/14/12 at 7:15amThread Starter
Strange enough, back to the old day, all most all earphones come with j-cord.
Once high-end iem was introduced, the y-cord became the standard now, even low-end products.
It is very hard to find a j-cord iem now.post #9 of 188/14/12 at 12:25pm
I had a pair Sennheiser CX300 earbuds that had a j-cord. While walking, the weight of the entire cord was on the earbud in my right ear, and it would frequently fall out. Now I have a Y cord, and the weight is evenly distributed to both ears, and they stay in place.post #10 of 188/14/12 at 12:28pmQuote:
because you're supposed to put it on the back of you head! leaving it hang like that will cause that annoyin problempost #11 of 188/14/12 at 12:39pm
I tried both ways, in front with the wire under my chin, and in back with the wire resting on my neck. Same result, weight of the cord would pull on the right first. Not only is it annoying to have it fall out, but I also didn't like the feeling of more weight in one ear vs the other.post #12 of 188/14/12 at 1:17pm
For IEMs, Y-Cord.
For full-size, I prefer a J if the cord isn't to heavy. I couldn't imagine my Grado 225i with a J using the freak'n pythons they have on this thing. But my "Skype" headphones at home are J cord and wonderful because of that. I doubt the cable could handle the signal quality I'd want for music though...
post #13 of 188/14/12 at 4:31pmQuote:
had the same problem and after the cx300 never bought a y-jorded iempost #14 of 188/14/12 at 4:50pmQuote:
seconded... how to wear them properly is explained in the the manual (not that anyone reads them though)post #15 of 188/14/12 at 6:37pm
I had a lot of Sony IEMs in the past with the j-style cord. It was pretty convenient and comfortable if I didn't have to move around a lot. Otherwise, there were a lot of problems with unbalanced weight. Sometimes, you'll have too much weight on one side and it'll end up tugging on one ear.
y-style cords are just generally better for IEMS imo. For earbuds though, I prefer j-style cords. Can't comment on j-style full-size headphones though...Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- why people perfer y-cord more than j-cord?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Budget amp for HD 598 and DT 880 Pro 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 1 minute ago
- › Melodious XM-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › World's first portable Hybrid Valve Headphone Amplifier (with a... 4 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 7 minutes ago
- › Sony SR-64HXA LOW-ELECTRONIC-NOISE MicroSD card for HQ Audio Players 9 minutes ago
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Luckbad
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black by 69Beyer
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by The Plaidypus
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2