i know i am new. anyone can explain this? thx u!
Related Forum Threads
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for good headphones around $100 Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best IEM Workout/Work Headphone Last post on 11/8/12 at 9:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
why people perfer y-cord more than j-cord?post #1 of 188/10/12 at 7:17amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 188/11/12 at 5:44amThread Starterpost #3 of 188/11/12 at 8:50ampost #4 of 188/11/12 at 11:37amThread Starterpost #5 of 188/13/12 at 6:16amThread Starterpost #6 of 188/13/12 at 6:21ampost #7 of 188/13/12 at 6:24am
I have always only had j cords, and thinking about it I would prefer it this way. Also the headphones I had were single wired. Less hassle with cables is better for me. My desk is already too cluttered.post #8 of 188/14/12 at 7:15amThread Starter
Strange enough, back to the old day, all most all earphones come with j-cord.
Once high-end iem was introduced, the y-cord became the standard now, even low-end products.
It is very hard to find a j-cord iem now.post #9 of 188/14/12 at 12:25pm
I had a pair Sennheiser CX300 earbuds that had a j-cord. While walking, the weight of the entire cord was on the earbud in my right ear, and it would frequently fall out. Now I have a Y cord, and the weight is evenly distributed to both ears, and they stay in place.post #10 of 188/14/12 at 12:28pmQuote:
because you're supposed to put it on the back of you head! leaving it hang like that will cause that annoyin problempost #11 of 188/14/12 at 12:39pm
I tried both ways, in front with the wire under my chin, and in back with the wire resting on my neck. Same result, weight of the cord would pull on the right first. Not only is it annoying to have it fall out, but I also didn't like the feeling of more weight in one ear vs the other.post #12 of 188/14/12 at 1:17pm
For IEMs, Y-Cord.
For full-size, I prefer a J if the cord isn't to heavy. I couldn't imagine my Grado 225i with a J using the freak'n pythons they have on this thing. But my "Skype" headphones at home are J cord and wonderful because of that. I doubt the cable could handle the signal quality I'd want for music though...
post #13 of 188/14/12 at 4:31pmQuote:
had the same problem and after the cx300 never bought a y-jorded iempost #14 of 188/14/12 at 4:50pmQuote:
seconded... how to wear them properly is explained in the the manual (not that anyone reads them though)post #15 of 188/14/12 at 6:37pm
I had a lot of Sony IEMs in the past with the j-style cord. It was pretty convenient and comfortable if I didn't have to move around a lot. Otherwise, there were a lot of problems with unbalanced weight. Sometimes, you'll have too much weight on one side and it'll end up tugging on one ear.
y-style cords are just generally better for IEMS imo. For earbuds though, I prefer j-style cords. Can't comment on j-style full-size headphones though...Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- why people perfer y-cord more than j-cord?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Ok so I started making the move to better sound quality headphones... 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 1 minute ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 2 minutes ago
- › [For Sale] Fostex TH-900 -Warranty (Like New) 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-ZX700 with Dynamat damping 3 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 3 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 5 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)