i know i am new. anyone can explain this? thx u!
Related Forum Threads
- Is it safe for me to listen with 100% volume? Last post on 1/26/15 at 10:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 2:02 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- earphones with more rumble? Last post on 7/18/14 at 2:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- in ear bluetoot WITH wire Last post on 6/1/14 at 4:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My tiny rant about headphones. Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
why people perfer y-cord more than j-cord?post #1 of 188/10/12 at 7:17amThread Starterpost #2 of 188/11/12 at 5:44amThread Starterpost #3 of 188/11/12 at 8:50ampost #4 of 188/11/12 at 11:37amThread Starterpost #5 of 188/13/12 at 6:16amThread Starterpost #6 of 188/13/12 at 6:21ampost #7 of 188/13/12 at 6:24am
I have always only had j cords, and thinking about it I would prefer it this way. Also the headphones I had were single wired. Less hassle with cables is better for me. My desk is already too cluttered.post #8 of 188/14/12 at 7:15amThread Starter
Strange enough, back to the old day, all most all earphones come with j-cord.
Once high-end iem was introduced, the y-cord became the standard now, even low-end products.
It is very hard to find a j-cord iem now.post #9 of 188/14/12 at 12:25pm
I had a pair Sennheiser CX300 earbuds that had a j-cord. While walking, the weight of the entire cord was on the earbud in my right ear, and it would frequently fall out. Now I have a Y cord, and the weight is evenly distributed to both ears, and they stay in place.post #10 of 188/14/12 at 12:28pmQuote:
because you're supposed to put it on the back of you head! leaving it hang like that will cause that annoyin problempost #11 of 188/14/12 at 12:39pm
I tried both ways, in front with the wire under my chin, and in back with the wire resting on my neck. Same result, weight of the cord would pull on the right first. Not only is it annoying to have it fall out, but I also didn't like the feeling of more weight in one ear vs the other.post #12 of 188/14/12 at 1:17pm
For IEMs, Y-Cord.
For full-size, I prefer a J if the cord isn't to heavy. I couldn't imagine my Grado 225i with a J using the freak'n pythons they have on this thing. But my "Skype" headphones at home are J cord and wonderful because of that. I doubt the cable could handle the signal quality I'd want for music though...
post #13 of 188/14/12 at 4:31pmQuote:
had the same problem and after the cx300 never bought a y-jorded iempost #14 of 188/14/12 at 4:50pmQuote:
seconded... how to wear them properly is explained in the the manual (not that anyone reads them though)post #15 of 188/14/12 at 6:37pm
I had a lot of Sony IEMs in the past with the j-style cord. It was pretty convenient and comfortable if I didn't have to move around a lot. Otherwise, there were a lot of problems with unbalanced weight. Sometimes, you'll have too much weight on one side and it'll end up tugging on one ear.
y-style cords are just generally better for IEMS imo. For earbuds though, I prefer j-style cords. Can't comment on j-style full-size headphones though...Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- why people perfer y-cord more than j-cord?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 7 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 8 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 8 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod... 9 minutes ago
- › XLD - how to reduce sample rate? 9 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 9 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 10 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 10 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...