Quite new, he had them for 3 months and then got the W4 as a graduation gift. So I believe that they are in good condition.
Related Forum Threads
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Moving on from UM3X - what next? Last post on 6/28/12 at 12:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM suggestions... Help Last post on 12/28/12 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are the biggest flaws of your favorite iems? Last post on 12/4/13 at 9:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of getting a half decent pair for while I'm on the move... Last post on 9/11/12 at 11:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
Westone UM2, Westone UM3x or Westone 2 for Rock - Page 2post #16 of 198/11/12 at 3:48pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 198/11/12 at 3:50pmThread Starter
Hey what do you guys think about the UM3x vs the W3 as on earphone solutions the W3 is $350 or $30 more then the current price of the UM3x offered to me? Better or worse when it comes to Rock music and casual listening, EG: not using them live on stage primary use at home, or during travel. So they must be quite noise isolating.post #18 of 198/11/12 at 5:42pm
Some may disagree but I don't really care for the W3's over the top mid bass. Frankly it's a cannon. It sure gives you the wow factor though and can do rock-n-roll right, if you don't find offense to the mid bass. I'm a UM3X guy though.
If you want to consider something completely different and for less money, the Vsonic GR07 is an awesome guitar driven rock earphone choice. It's only $160. It doesn't have the instrument separation the Westones do but it has really good distortion guitar crunch and drums sound pretty darn good too. However it has a good bit more upper end presence over the Westones, which are very non-fatiguing. Anyway, I like the UM3X better but the GR07 is a lot better than a sub $200 earphone has a right to be. It's a head-fi mainstay and one of the most recommended. Here is a link to an authorized dealer on ebay:post #19 of 198/11/12 at 5:44pmQuote:
The UM3X is more expensive than the W3. I think the W3 can be quite good for rock, with its v-shaped frequency.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone UM2, Westone UM3x or Westone 2 for Rock
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Pair of headphones, $50/£30, for Metal and Rock 3 minutes ago
- › December 2013 - Mook Headphone Festival Singapore 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Grado PS500s (new Grado's) 5 minutes ago
- › Do expensive headphone cables really matter? 6 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 10 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi