Quite new, he had them for 3 months and then got the W4 as a graduation gift. So I believe that they are in good condition.
Related Forum Threads
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Moving on from UM3X - what next? Last post on 6/28/12 at 12:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM suggestions... Help Last post on 12/28/12 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are the biggest flaws of your favorite iems? Last post on 12/2/13 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of getting a half decent pair for while I'm on the move... Last post on 9/11/12 at 11:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
A funny thing had happened the last time I visited Schiit Audio's offices and factory/warehouse. When we entered, what had previously been a storage or dumping room -- I don't remember, had become...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
I was surprised to see only a single review for this player, so figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. I owned this player for about a year until it was stolen (along with an entire...
I have had the opportunity to review a few inexpensive MP3 players recently and have generally been quite impressed with many of them as they clearly appear to put sound quality before pretty much...
WHAT MAKES THESE TUBE AMPS SPECIAL?Okay, so every audiophile or audio enthusiast I've met wants one of these and there is certainly a reason for it. Besides the fact that this thing just sounds...
Westone UM2, Westone UM3x or Westone 2 for Rock - Page 2post #16 of 198/11/12 at 3:48pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 198/11/12 at 3:50pmThread Starter
Hey what do you guys think about the UM3x vs the W3 as on earphone solutions the W3 is $350 or $30 more then the current price of the UM3x offered to me? Better or worse when it comes to Rock music and casual listening, EG: not using them live on stage primary use at home, or during travel. So they must be quite noise isolating.post #18 of 198/11/12 at 5:42pm
Some may disagree but I don't really care for the W3's over the top mid bass. Frankly it's a cannon. It sure gives you the wow factor though and can do rock-n-roll right, if you don't find offense to the mid bass. I'm a UM3X guy though.
If you want to consider something completely different and for less money, the Vsonic GR07 is an awesome guitar driven rock earphone choice. It's only $160. It doesn't have the instrument separation the Westones do but it has really good distortion guitar crunch and drums sound pretty darn good too. However it has a good bit more upper end presence over the Westones, which are very non-fatiguing. Anyway, I like the UM3X better but the GR07 is a lot better than a sub $200 earphone has a right to be. It's a head-fi mainstay and one of the most recommended. Here is a link to an authorized dealer on ebay:post #19 of 198/11/12 at 5:44pmQuote:
The UM3X is more expensive than the W3. I think the W3 can be quite good for rock, with its v-shaped frequency.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone UM2, Westone UM3x or Westone 2 for Rock
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cowon PLENUE M2 1 minute ago
- › Upgrading from audiotechnika ath m50x 2 minutes ago
- › Equalizing LCD-2 Fazors? 3 minutes ago
- › Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo Pre-Launch Worldwide Review Tour - Registrations Open 3 minutes ago
- › High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and... 4 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio "Heritage Series" - "Lionheart" - NEW PRODUCT LAUNCH! 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Darkvoice 336SE by SOULSIK
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by OSiRiSsk
- › Brainwavz Jive by ezekiel77
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by Cinder
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by EZE99
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear