Quite new, he had them for 3 months and then got the W4 as a graduation gift. So I believe that they are in good condition.
Related Forum Threads
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Moving on from UM3X - what next? Last post on 6/28/12 at 12:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM suggestions... Help Last post on 12/28/12 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are the biggest flaws of your favorite iems? Last post on 12/2/13 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of getting a half decent pair for while I'm on the move... Last post on 9/11/12 at 11:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction – The first Soundlink Mini was quite an important product in the portable Bluetooth speaker landscape, it was one of the first speakers to use two opposing passive radiators and also...
Part 1 - TORTURE TEST So, have you ever heard the noise from an old laptop's hard drive spinning-up, or the electronic "chirp" of your mouse cursor moving across your screen during music...
FiiO EM3Comfort is King DisclaimerThe EM3 was a review unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to record my thoughts and impressions on how I found the...
I have had this amp now for about 6 months, and I very much enjoy the sound. I didn't even bother with the stock tubes, they got tossed in favor of a matched pair of GE 5657's, and I have a pair of...
Rhapsodio Solar Note: The custom in-ear in this review was provided at a discounted rate. Rhapsodio is an up and coming manufacturer of both custom in-ears and custom-like universals....
Westone UM2, Westone UM3x or Westone 2 for Rock - Page 2post #16 of 198/11/12 at 3:48pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 198/11/12 at 3:50pmThread Starter
Hey what do you guys think about the UM3x vs the W3 as on earphone solutions the W3 is $350 or $30 more then the current price of the UM3x offered to me? Better or worse when it comes to Rock music and casual listening, EG: not using them live on stage primary use at home, or during travel. So they must be quite noise isolating.post #18 of 198/11/12 at 5:42pm
Some may disagree but I don't really care for the W3's over the top mid bass. Frankly it's a cannon. It sure gives you the wow factor though and can do rock-n-roll right, if you don't find offense to the mid bass. I'm a UM3X guy though.
If you want to consider something completely different and for less money, the Vsonic GR07 is an awesome guitar driven rock earphone choice. It's only $160. It doesn't have the instrument separation the Westones do but it has really good distortion guitar crunch and drums sound pretty darn good too. However it has a good bit more upper end presence over the Westones, which are very non-fatiguing. Anyway, I like the UM3X better but the GR07 is a lot better than a sub $200 earphone has a right to be. It's a head-fi mainstay and one of the most recommended. Here is a link to an authorized dealer on ebay:post #19 of 198/11/12 at 5:44pmQuote:
The UM3X is more expensive than the W3. I think the W3 can be quite good for rock, with its v-shaped frequency.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone UM2, Westone UM3x or Westone 2 for Rock
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 second ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 11 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 31 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 56 seconds ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 56 seconds ago
- › Should I get a pair of AKG K553 from massdrop? 59 seconds ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Alpha & Delta D2 Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 4 minutes ago
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › iFi iPurifier 2 by knorris908
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by RedJohn456
- › Little Dot I+ by Shasari
- › Rhapsodio Solar by shotgunshane
- › Superlux HD-660 by Wiljen
- › ACS T1 by Docjitters
- › QKZ W1 Pro - In-ear sport headphone by B9Scrambler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mechgamer123
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse