Does anyone know how these compare to the TF10? Since they sort of have the same sound signature, and the TF10 can be easily had for less than 200 bucks brand new.. Wondering how they compare purely sound-wise though, since the Heir wins in aesthetics, cable and most likely fit...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Westone UM2, Westone UM3x or Westone 2 for Rock Last post on 8/11/12 at 5:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Question about IEMs vs headphones Last post on 7/19/12 at 2:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to buy IEM up to $450 USD! Last post on 7/16/12 at 11:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Heir Audio 3.Ai Impressions/Comparisons/Review Thread - Page 11post #151 of 38410/31/12 at 8:42pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 38410/31/12 at 9:58pm
I had a pair of TF10's before the 3ai's, and I found the TF10's to be slightly more detailed but very uncomfortable to wear, so much so I had to send them back. Also, the TF10's don't have the low end output of the 3ai's if that's important to you, which was another reason I returned them.post #153 of 38410/31/12 at 10:29pm
Yep I didn't really like the TF10's. Not enough bass for me, mids were pretty distant and I think the high's were a bit more present.
I definitely prefer the sound signature of the Heir's and they fit like a dream after coming from the tf10's.post #154 of 38410/31/12 at 10:52pmpost #155 of 38411/1/12 at 6:27amQuote:
I did that a while ago. That post is somewhere in this thread... I compared the ASG 1.2, PFE232, W4R, and UE900 to the 3.Ai.post #156 of 38411/1/12 at 10:59ampost #157 of 38411/8/12 at 5:00am
Here is some of the pictures of 3.Ai that i receive yesterday.
I'm not a professional in audiophile neither a very good reviewer but here is my humble opinion on this baby 3.Ai.
They are nicely done with glossy wood finish but are finger print magnet. Braided cable are very much alike westone and very light weight and good quality. I receive the new case which is smaller than the previous version that others have. The case is very sturdy, hard, waterproof and like build to go to war lols.
They fit pretty nice with different size and type of tips to choose from. I have not tried other tips yet and using the stock tip originally with it. Listening for an hour or 2 doesn't give me the fatigue that some other iem give me so ill say they feels good and comfortable.
I do not have golden ears but here is what i personally think. I play them with Hisoundaudio studio-v and Headstage arrow and flac files as source. The moment i put them on they give me the WOW factor, comparing to the westone um2 that i have and lost it many months ago. The amount of bass is enormous, punchy, deep or in other words IMBA. I can feel it thumping and shaking but surprisingly it doesn't sacrifice the sweet vocals and mids. Instrument separation is very clear and nice. Soundstage is incredibly nice and wide but i'm sure there is better soundstage available that i have yet to try.
The thing with this 3.Ai is the ability to provide a 3d type of feel and good surround imaging. 3.Ai gives a warm, lush and fun feel. I read other reviews saying this is a very fun type of iem now i know why but i couldn't be able to explain it. I thought with the punchy and deep extended bass will cause the mid to be recessed but they do not.
I listen a many types of music from metal, punk, alternative, pop and some others. I can say they are a very well rounder that plays almost anything with very nice feel but if you are looking for ultimate clarity or better with classical music i will suggest go for the elder brother 4.Ai that has a better review on that. 3.Ai is more fun and leaning to the warm and dark side.
They are not hard to drive and does not depend on amp to drive it. I can simply put it on with my player without amp and still feels very nice and enjoyable but when i play them with my headstage arrow it goes to the next level. I guess they are a very sensitive iem because when i play it directly from my asus laptop i can hear the hissing sound from it.
Edited by kabukix - 11/8/12 at 5:02ampost #158 of 38411/8/12 at 7:18ampost #159 of 38411/8/12 at 7:44ampost #160 of 38411/8/12 at 7:45amNice write up Kabukix. I definitely agree about the wow factor and their suitability as an all-around performer. I am really enjoying these myself.
Edited by thegrobe - 11/8/12 at 5:45pmpost #161 of 38411/8/12 at 12:29pmpost #162 of 38411/8/12 at 4:36pm
They pair up great :) Its dynamic and versatile. Plenty of quality low frequencies but increases when amp with my headstage arrow. The reason why i choose studio-v previously when seeking for source is the battery life. I thought that there will be hiss when i play them directly but to my surprise they didn't :)post #163 of 38411/8/12 at 5:29pmpost #164 of 38411/14/12 at 7:18am
After selling my TF10's I've been regretting it so I've been on the hunt for a good replacement or I was going to get another TF10 but the 3.Ai seems like a good choice so I bought a pair yesterday and I'm looking forward to hearing them.
I bought the T-Peos H-100 thinking they'd be a good replacement but I really didn't like the sound signature with the extremely bright highs and thin mids, how are the highs on the 3.Ai? Also reading one comment that said the TF10 was a little more detailed is very surprising to me but I'm sure the 3.Ai still has plenty. I'm not a bass head but I still like to have an IEM with a good amount of thump and hearing these have more bass than the TF10 I'm hoping that's a good thing but all in all I think these are going to be a nice IEM.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Heir Audio 3.Ai Impressions/Comparisons/Review Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-10 2 minutes ago
- › New Member 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir amplifier background noise 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 5 minutes ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Nexus 5 Sound Quality? 5 minutes ago
- › 250 Ohm headphones sound fine with an iPod? 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe