Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Sound Science › Best Audio Quality
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Audio Quality - Page 3  

post #31 of 50

I'm not 100% positive, but I think that sending it via wiifi would be better.

post #32 of 50
Thread Starter 

how do i do that..?

post #33 of 50

Logitech Squeezebox, iTunes Airport Express/AirPlay, Apple Remote app, StreamToMe app, etc.

 

edit: From your computer to your phone would be something like StreamToMe/ServeToMe.

 

http://projectswithlove.com/streamtome/


Edited by grokit - 8/12/12 at 9:54pm
post #34 of 50
Thread Starter 

alright cool

post #35 of 50

Bluetooth and WiFi are the same in terms of quality. Both have error correction. However Bluetooth is extremely slow, much slower than the NAND storage of any modern phone. I suggesting connecting via USB and transferring the old fashioned way if for no other reason than it is much faster.

 

I think it bears mentioning that you probably won't be able to drive a pair of DT880 Pros which are 250 Ohm out of any portable music player. 

 

At risk of sounding like an ass I feel these are questions that don't necessarily need asking and are quickly answered by a cursory read of the relevant Wikipedia pages. It is one thing to ask what sounds better because you are unable to listen to everything but you should have at least an elementary grasp of filetypes, transfer protocols, etc.

post #36 of 50
Thread Starter 

lol

post #37 of 50
Thread Starter 

keep commenting ppl

post #38 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDriveFerraris View Post

funny guy aren't you?
Nope, just a little dumbfounded at your sense of entitlement and lack of initiative for research. But never mind, carry on.
post #39 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post

Bluetooth and WiFi are the same in terms of quality. Both have error correction. However Bluetooth is extremely slow, much slower than the NAND storage of any modern phone. I suggesting connecting via USB and transferring the old fashioned way if for no other reason than it is much faster.

 

I think it bears mentioning that you probably won't be able to drive a pair of DT880 Pros which are 250 Ohm out of any portable music player. 

 

At risk of sounding like an ass I feel these are questions that don't necessarily need asking and are quickly answered by a cursory read of the relevant Wikipedia pages. It is one thing to ask what sounds better because you are unable to listen to everything but you should have at least an elementary grasp of filetypes, transfer protocols, etc.

 

Comparing steaming in wifi to transmitting to a bluetooth headphone, the quality of bluetooth is worse in comparison as it's getting AD/DA converted twice. But I haven't compared bluetooth streaming to wifi streaming.

post #40 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDriveFerraris View Post

keep commenting ppl

 

What do you want people to comment on?

 

Also, I know you are young but there is really no reason for anybody to use "u," "ppl," and other internet abbreviations. Maybe in the 90s when people were messaging with numpads and using T9 it was useful but if you are typing this with a smartphone or a keyboard it would behoove you to spell out commonly used words. This isn't an internet chat room and even if it were you should still probably spell your words properly.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit View Post

 

Comparing steaming in wifi to transmitting to a bluetooth headphone, the quality of bluetooth is worse in comparison as it's getting AD/DA converted twice. But I haven't compared bluetooth streaming to wifi streaming.

 

He was specifically referring to Bluetooth for file transfer. Even with headphones the conversion would only happen once unless you were running an analog audio out to a bluetooth transmitter, most of them should be USB dongles and/or use bluetooth to transfer data losslessly; assuming the PCB layout and components in the headphone are the same it should result in no degradation of audio signal. 

post #41 of 50
Thread Starter 

PEOPLE IM TALKING ABOUT THE BLUETOOTH WHICH YOU USE TO SEND FILES WITH, NOT BLUETOOTH HEADSETS.

post #42 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDriveFerraris View Post

PEOPLE IM TALKING ABOUT THE BLUETOOTH WHICH YOU USE TO SEND FILES WITH, NOT BLUETOOTH HEADSETS.

 

And I have answered that. Bluetooth and wireless are both losseless and have CRC. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclic_redundancy_check

 

Send yourself a word document with something written in it with WiFi; is it still the same? 

 

Send yourself a word document with something written in it with bluetooth; is it still the same?

 

If they are the same what does that tell you?

post #43 of 50
Thread Starter 

eshays. just checkin' cause ppl are all telling me different ****..

post #44 of 50
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post

 

And I have answered that. Bluetooth and wireless are both losseless and have CRC. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclic_redundancy_check

 

Send yourself a word document with something written in it with WiFi; is it still the same? 

 

Send yourself a word document with something written in it with bluetooth; is it still the same?

 

If they are the same what does that tell you?

 

thats not really a good way to test it out... word documents aren't half as complex as audio files..

post #45 of 50
You totally missed his point. Sound doesn't go through blutooth, and neiter do words. Files go through, and they're the same going in as coming out.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Science
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Sound Science › Best Audio Quality