or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl tempo in ear , review of philips she 3590 , feat the she 3580 rp-hj3 120 and panasonic rp-hje355 . and more .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl tempo in ear , review of philips she 3590 , feat the she 3580 rp-hj3 120 and panasonic rp-hje355 . and more . - Page 44

post #646 of 655

Sorry I do not know how to describe it. That is why I listed all my previously used IEMs and my opinions about them. I like the sound signature of Cowon EK2 the best among them all. I guess its like you described open sounded, detailed and balanced bass. Ek2 sounds pleasant without any fatigue and i find sound separation better in it. It also feels more natural and airy but not too flat or neutral. KZ is not a preferance, any brand is fine. Hope that gives u some idea.

post #647 of 655
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smltngs View Post
 

Sorry I do not know how to describe it. That is why I listed all my previously used IEMs and my opinions about them. I like the sound signature of Cowon EK2 the best among them all. I guess its like you described open sounded, detailed and balanced bass. Ek2 sounds pleasant without any fatigue and i find sound separation better in it. It also feels more natural and airy but not too flat or neutral. KZ is not a preferance, any brand is fine. Hope that gives u some idea.


 No problem, I think ED9, KZ ZN1/2 and if you are going up you will like the oneplus icons, Signature Acoustics O16 live, and Remax RM-600. Rm-600 is not as mide but its has the best clarity, it houses a BA after all.

 If you got money, i will say buy multiple KZ earphones, you will not be disappointed. ED9 and ZN1/2 to be precise. ATE is good but has mid bass hump.KZ has plenty of cheap but good sounding earphones.

 

 I myself own 4 KZ earphone, ED special edition, ED9, ZN1 mini and i more i dont remember the name. :o

 Ask me what will be the best and i will tell you to go for RM-600, it lacks thump with bass, Icons are good too but has sharper highs.

post #648 of 655

Thanks, I might go for one of the KZs you mentioned. ZN1/2 seems bulky when compared to ED9 , Cowon EK2 is very lightweight and comfortable. Is there a huge difference in SQ between ED9 and ZN. Is ZN better than ED9?

 

Also can u please describe sound characteristics of Cowon Ek2 in audiophile terms i.e in which category does it come: basshead/balanced/warm smooth/v-shaped..  Could not find any reviews on Remax RM-600 on net. Is it a relatively unknown brand? Any impressions on Ostry KC06?

 

Finally please tell me how these high-end IEMs fare to budget IEMs on low quality source content like 256kbps or less mp3s , youtube videos etc?  Do they sound worse or better in general? btw I have Asus xonar DG soundcard.

 

Sorry if I am babbling too much, really appreciate your suggestions.

post #649 of 655
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smltngs View Post
 

Thanks, I might go for one of the KZs you mentioned. ZN1/2 seems bulky when compared to ED9 , Cowon EK2 is very lightweight and comfortable. Is there a huge difference in SQ between ED9 and ZN. Is ZN better than ED9?

 

Also can u please describe sound characteristics of Cowon Ek2 in audiophile terms i.e in which category does it come: basshead/balanced/warm smooth/v-shaped..  Could not find any reviews on Remax RM-600 on net. Is it a relatively unknown brand? Any impressions on Ostry KC06?

 

Finally please tell me how these high-end IEMs fare to budget IEMs on low quality source content like 256kbps or less mp3s , youtube videos etc?  Do they sound worse or better in general? btw I have Asus xonar DG soundcard.

 

Sorry if I am babbling too much, really appreciate your suggestions.


 There is some difference but its minute, you can go for ED9 any day. Its  perfectly fine with quality.

 

 Ek2 is Kind of balanced with slightly warm signature. RM-600 is recommended because ti has a BA and a most of the BA has lesser bass, better mids, might lack top end extension but have awesome clarity. KC06 must be really good but i dont any experience with it. If you can go up there, go for it, its one of the head-fi favourites.

 

 Hgigh end IEM are not day and light different when it comes to not so good quality recordings but some earphones like HA2, ER-4 micro, Titan-1 can expose the flaws in these recordings and can sound harsh thanks to their super fast decay. Still there are earphones like TF-10 which are good at masking these flaws. Most of the lower end earphones mask these things nicely as they can not process distortion and minute short comings.

 

 Have you seen peolple claiming some $5 earphone being better than HD800? HD800 revels too much and some people just cant handle its seriously revealing nature.

 

 If you want to enjoy music, go for something that is good, KC06A is an awesome option, so is the Brainwavz S3 and RE-400.

post #650 of 655
Thread Starter 
post #651 of 655
Hi Suman,
After my post here, I decided to try few more budget iem's. Bought kz atr and superlux 381(bass version, not flat one). Have been using kz atr for a few weeks now with my pc(xonar dg card) and I like it. I am not too comfy with sound signature of 381 especially vocals, purely personal preferenc. On the other day I saw remax 600m on amazon for 550rs(500+50rs shipping). Was sceptical initially about its genuinity. Package recieved yesterday. It looks genuine. It's definitely a keeper, from my initial impressions.

38 ohm impedance as per spec, might need to be amped. It sounded feeble on my mobile xiaomi 4i when compared to pc with xonar dg(32-64ohm profile).

My noob impressions in noob terms:
Personal preferences, take it with grain of salt.i dont like signature of 381 much,so I maybe biased.

Aggressive 600m>381>>atr(more laidback)
Bass in terms of boominess.frankly none of the 3 are bass-heads in my terms. Atr>600m>381
Detail n separation. 600m>>381>>atr
Still trying to find good fit with 600m. Fit is great with atr, might be bcoz of over the ear. 381 fit is good,maybe due to odd shape.

Atr sounds laidback n smooth, maybe due to lack of details n power compared to rest.
600m sounds aggresive,clear but might sound sibilant when compared to rest.

Just wanted to say thanks for the recommend and to inform others about the low price.



post #652 of 655
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smltngs View Post

Hi Suman,
After my post here, I decided to try few more budget iem's. Bought kz atr and superlux 381(bass version, not flat one). Have been using kz atr for a few weeks now with my pc(xonar dg card) and I like it. I am not too comfy with sound signature of 381 especially vocals, purely personal preferenc. On the other day I saw remax 600m on amazon for 550rs(500+50rs shipping). Was sceptical initially about its genuinity. Package recieved yesterday. It looks genuine. It's definitely a keeper, from my initial impressions.

38 ohm impedance as per spec, might need to be amped. It sounded feeble on my mobile xiaomi 4i when compared to pc with xonar dg(32-64ohm profile).

My noob impressions in noob terms:
Personal preferences, take it with grain of salt.i dont like signature of 381 much,so I maybe biased.

Aggressive 600m>381>>atr(more laidback)
Bass in terms of boominess.frankly none of the 3 are bass-heads in my terms. Atr>600m>381
Detail n separation. 600m>>381>>atr
Still trying to find good fit with 600m. Fit is great with atr, might be bcoz of over the ear. 381 fit is good,maybe due to odd shape.

Atr sounds laidback n smooth, maybe due to lack of details n power compared to rest.
600m sounds aggresive,clear but might sound sibilant when compared to rest.

Just wanted to say thanks for the recommend and to inform others about the low price.




 Happy to help for sure, Use the foam tips for better fitment.

 

 Sibilance is a personal thing and I hope you will get used to it.

post #653 of 655
Thread Starter 

@smltngs bought the last two.. :o You know, I love BA.. And for this price its a no brainer.

 

 Thanks for the tip!! Cheers!! You are lucky and made me lucky too!! Want to try some other earphones? Tennmak pro will bring a smile of your face and for $25, its a no brainer too.

post #654 of 655
Lol. Yes a BA with sturdy build, extra pairs,pouch n it has mic. i paid more than double of this amount for my cowon ek2, which I love. This maybe a price mistake on part of seller.

Initially when I went from cowon to atr I thought atr was sibilant.smily_headphones1.gif Now I feel it is laidback.

I am just a audio noob. I don't hear the nuances like u guys.i just wanted to try few different budget iems n see differences. Remax was well worth it, a steal at this price.

I have ended my purchase spree. I m yet to get my ve monks plus and havi b3 which I purchased on 11/11 sale.thats it for me.thanks
post #655 of 655
Thread Starter 

 I too bought a few things on that day, couple of KA earphones, ED 12 and KZ ZST, a wooeasy senfer UE hybrid earphones and a MMCX cable.

 

 If in future you decide to have a go then keep the pro in mind. Cheers.

 

 Enjoy your day!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl tempo in ear , review of philips she 3590 , feat the she 3580 rp-hj3 120 and panasonic rp-hje355 . and more .