or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl tempo in ear , review of philips she 3590 , feat the she 3580 rp-hj3 120 and panasonic rp-hje355 . and more .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl tempo in ear , review of philips she 3590 , feat the she 3580 rp-hj3 120 and panasonic rp-hje355 . and more . - Page 5

post #61 of 655

thanx again........got es18 today.......couldn't get any better....

Will bass boost on this affects its life span?

friends.

post #62 of 655
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by music-o-death View Post
 

thanx again........got es18 today.......couldn't get any better....

Will bass boost on this affects its life span?

friends.

 

   it will last you more then 3-4 years , it depends upon the material used and in this case its not the top end thing like titanium diaphragm which can last you 10 years , liquid crystal can last 5-7 , its not a BA ( balanced armature ) which can last like 7-8 years for not so precisely built one and more then 15 years for one like inside a HF5  .

 

   and a bass boost can affect the magnets life , but not much , you are cool for 3 years , in a year or two you will get bored with this phone and you will be looking for a better phone .

 

(  these numbers are for 2 hours of daily use )


Edited by suman134 - 3/7/14 at 12:30pm
post #63 of 655

wtf these es18 are ear piercing at all volumes

souundmagic es 18.......it hurts  and too harsh........not for 5 minutes i can hold it

while wh 205 with my nokia x302 gives a nice sound with a natural feeling but es 18 is just a crap even on laptop

Should have bought ep 630.......or not? please felas assist

post #64 of 655
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by music-o-death View Post
 

wtf these es18 are ear piercing at all volumes

souundmagic es 18.......it hurts  and too harsh........not for 5 minutes i can hold it

while wh 205 with my nokia x302 gives a nice sound with a natural feeling but es 18 is just a crap even on laptop

Should have bought ep 630.......or not? please felas assist

     let it burn , play music for at least 50 hrs , 7-8hrs sessions at moderate volume ( dont use them , let it lie at a safe place , listen to it when ever you want to check the changes , they will open up , highs will drop , and people out there love this kind of spark at top and it is clearer sounding then ep-630 , this spark will go down but not much , and this is called better reproduction of sound , and about wh205 , it lacks extension at top end and is spark less . keep no doubt , es18 is a far better phone then ep630 or wh205 .

 

     i was not aware of you sensitivity for highs , or i would have had you going for ep-630 or ep-600 , i like these creative phones have gifted my friends but its not for serious listening at all , they are muddy and veiled too .

 

   " or " you can equalize it , bring the frequencies over 4.5k down , till you find them tolerable .

 

   you can play with eqs , and find out the best one for you .


Edited by suman134 - 3/10/14 at 8:49am
post #65 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman134 View Post
 

     let it burn , play music for at least 50 hrs , 7-8hrs sessions at moderate volume ( dont use them , let it lie at a safe place , listen to it when ever you want to check the changes , they will open up , highs will drop , and people out there love this kind of spark at top and it is clearer sounding then ep-630 , this spark will go down but not much , and this is called better reproduction of sound , and about wh205 , it lacks extension at top end and is spark less . keep no doubt , es18 is a far better phone then ep630 or wh205 .

 

     i was not aware of you sensitivity for highs , or i would have had you going for ep-630 or ep-600 , i like these creative phones have gifted my friends but its not for serious listening at all , they are muddy and veiled too .

 

   " or " you can equalize it , bring the frequencies over 4.5k down , till you find them tolerable .

 

   you can play with eqs , and find out the best one for you .

It was my fault actually i haven't told u about my highs's disliking.

BTW, u must be a very good guy in real life.......helping everyone ......good bro.

I can't handle highs, even in my z623, I only listen bass and mids mainly.

eqlizing isn't helping, I have requested for return ......if got accepted, I will buy ep630 or any philips.....thanx btw bro

post #66 of 655
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by music-o-death View Post
 

It was my fault actually i haven't told u about my highs's disliking.

BTW, u must be a very good guy in real life.......helping everyone ......good bro.

I can't handle highs, even in my z623, I only listen bass and mids mainly.

eqlizing isn't helping, I have requested for return ......if got accepted, I will buy ep630 or any philips.....thanx btw bro

 

see if you can get pl11 or pl21 , they will solve our problem with highs and are better then ep-630 .

post #67 of 655

Now that the Sony XBA-1 is on clearance for around $20-25 it is a very nice deal. Some think it is a bit bass deficient, however I don't. It is a balanced armature design, with a very nice midrange. It has great isolation. For under $25 now, it is a great value.

It was originally around $70.

 

The Soundmagic ES18 is really a great value for just $12. It sounds very musical. It looks  cheap, however it does feel solidly built. I guess if it looked better, they wouldn't be selling many E10 earphones at 3x the price.

 

The Panasonic RP-HJE355 has more detail than the HJE450, however I prefer the fit and sound of HJE450 with its larger drivers. When will Panasonic come out with the HJE455, an improved version of the HJE450 with more detail?

post #68 of 655
Thread Starter 

 .


Edited by suman134 - 3/10/14 at 10:04pm
post #69 of 655
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK1 View Post
 

Now that the Sony XBA-1 is on clearance for around $20-25 it is a very nice deal. Some think it is a bit bass deficient, however I don't. It is a balanced armature design, with a very nice midrange. It has great isolation. For under $25 now, it is a great value.

It was originally around $70.

 

The Soundmagic ES18 is really a great value for just $12. It sounds very musical. It looks  cheap, however it does feel solidly built. I guess if it looked better, they wouldn't be selling many E10 earphones at 3x the price.

 

The Panasonic RP-HJE355 has more detail than the HJE450, however I prefer the fit and sound of HJE450 with its larger drivers. When will Panasonic come out with the HJE455, an improved version of the HJE450 with more detail?

 

    xba-1 is priced $60 here in india , even at that price its a good buy , but music-o-death wants bass and xba1 wont do bass , es18 has its own drawbacks one being l/r marking , other being a bit more emphasis on bass , even then its a fab phone . hje-355 lags frame , cant do electronic , never heard hje-450 , left alone hje450 , i wonder why smgic are not coming up with a upgrade of pl50 and e30/e10 and about panas why they are not coming up with a hje-900 upgrade ? i will buy all those phones for sure , given that they are better sounding and are a worthy upgrade .

post #70 of 655

"~~es18 has its own drawbacks one being l/r marking"

 

I used a marker and put a dot on one side. It is actually marked, but hard to read.

 

 

"~~other being a bit more emphasis on bass"

 

The ES18 seems to have just the right amount of bass. One person on head-fi measured the ES18,

and the frequency response is very flat!

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/598627/review-soundmagic-es18-measured

 

For around $12 the ES18 is a great bargain! I guess my main complaint about it is how it looks.

I would have preferred if it was all black.

post #71 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK1 View Post
 

"~~es18 has its own drawbacks one being l/r marking"

 

I used a marker and put a dot on one side. It is actually marked, but hard to read.

 

 

"~~other being a bit more emphasis on bass"

 

The ES18 seems to have just the right amount of bass. One person on head-fi measured the ES18,

and the frequency response is very flat!

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/598627/review-soundmagic-es18-measured

 

For around $12 the ES18 is a great bargain! I guess my main complaint about it is how it looks.

I would have preferred if it was all black.

Hey, if I will burn these like 70 hrs, then will the highs will smoothen?

Plz , tell or else i am selling these......:cool:

post #72 of 655
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by music-o-death View Post
 

Hey, if I will burn these like 70 hrs, then will the highs will smoothen?

Plz , tell or else i am selling these......:cool:

 

    it will , but i cant assure you that it will be adequate to your taste , you can try and see for sure .

post #73 of 655

You can buy the XBA-1 for $25 from B&H in NYC, however shipping to India will be expensive, so it probably isn't worth getting unless you buy a few at a time.

 

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/840213-REG/Sony_XBA_1_XBA_1_Balanced_Armature_Headphones.html

post #74 of 655

Hey guys!

                         I just wanna ask that in soundmagic es18, if somehow I get used to these sparking highs, will it hurt my ears continuously though I will pretend liking it.

OR

these sparking is harmless and just good for ears and sound production.

:confused:

post #75 of 655

Sparkling highs? Does you player have an equalizer so you can adjust the sound?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl tempo in ear , review of philips she 3590 , feat the she 3580 rp-hj3 120 and panasonic rp-hje355 . and more .