Trying to simplify my setup now. Want a portable Amp/Dac for traveling with my laptop and then when I am at home, just output it to a desktop amp via RCA for bigger headphones. Only two I know is the U-Dac2 and Ibasso D7. D7 has a quality DAC chip, but I heard it is flaky with driver issue and U-Dac2, I had it before and the DAC is only decent. Any other recommendation?
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 8/13/12
- productiBasso D7tagged by System, 8/13/12
- productNuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/13/12
- productPractical Devices XM6tagged by System, 8/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help finding a portable AMP and DAC, 300-650$ Paired with Beuerdynamic DT1350 Last post on 5/29/12 at 1:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 5/16/15 at 5:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Practical Devices XM6 vs Ibasso D6 Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:41am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What Portable Headphone amp/DAC should I buy? Ibbasso D4 or D6. Practical Devices XM6 or Pico... Last post on 9/11/11 at 4:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- What is the best portable Amp/Dac with???... Last post on 2/28/11 at 5:25am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
At the time this review was written, the Ausdom M06 was on sale for $52.99 USD on Amazon. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
[Originally posted at Basshead.Club] Bring on the thunder and lightning. Aurisonics’ flagship triple driver hybrid combines the incredible sub-bass of the ASG-B’s 14.2mm dynamic driver...
I personally thought these were a lame purchase after i had bought 'em. About a week later i just left my apartment and left them shouting out opeth and other metal with the bass in 4/4 position...
Introduction & Build Quality The SennGrado is a mod in which the drivers of the Sennheiser PX-100 II are removed and mounted in Grado style wooden cups. Variation between pairs, of course, is very...
Fiio X3 2nd generation preview Disclaimer: before jumping into the device itself, I have to talk a little bit about myself. I am still an amateur on the subject of sound quality, but I’ll...
Best portable Amp/Dac with RCA output
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The D7 isn't too bad, and I've never had any issues with mine. If you're not too anal about it why not get a good line-out to RCA cable from say, ALO, which will be more versatile with different amp/DAC combos.
I have thought about that as well. Will the sound be as good through output to the amp. With 3.5mm, I guess there is more room to make the jack faulty.
- Best portable Amp/Dac with RCA output
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 28 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 41 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 44 seconds ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 59 seconds ago
- › Schiit lyr 2: minty with NOS tube option 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 2 minutes ago
- › Best Closed Cans for Classical Music, $200 max. 5 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 5 minutes ago
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Luckbad
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black by 69Beyer
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by The Plaidypus
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2