Trying to simplify my setup now. Want a portable Amp/Dac for traveling with my laptop and then when I am at home, just output it to a desktop amp via RCA for bigger headphones. Only two I know is the U-Dac2 and Ibasso D7. D7 has a quality DAC chip, but I heard it is flaky with driver issue and U-Dac2, I had it before and the DAC is only decent. Any other recommendation?
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 8/13/12
- productiBasso D7tagged by System, 8/13/12
- productNuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/13/12
- productPractical Devices XM6tagged by System, 8/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help finding a portable AMP and DAC, 300-650$ Paired with Beuerdynamic DT1350 Last post on 5/29/12 at 1:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 10/6/12 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Practical Devices XM6 vs Ibasso D6 Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:41am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What Portable Headphone amp/DAC should I buy? Ibbasso D4 or D6. Practical Devices XM6 or Pico... Last post on 9/11/11 at 4:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- What is the best portable Amp/Dac with???... Last post on 2/28/11 at 5:25am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
if u are looking for a great dac you can better buy new motherboard with supreme fx it sound practicly the same and its cheaper
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Best portable Amp/Dac with RCA output
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The D7 isn't too bad, and I've never had any issues with mine. If you're not too anal about it why not get a good line-out to RCA cable from say, ALO, which will be more versatile with different amp/DAC combos.
I have thought about that as well. Will the sound be as good through output to the amp. With 3.5mm, I guess there is more room to make the jack faulty.
- Best portable Amp/Dac with RCA output
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 1 second ago
- › Do you collect vinyls? 16 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 34 seconds ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 49 seconds ago
- › KingSound KS-H3? 2 minutes ago
- › New Sennheiser Momentum In ear 2 minutes ago
- › Kickstarter Headphone - Grain Audio, any thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › FLAC Player for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad 4 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs ODAC with RCA + Fiio E12 4 minutes ago
- › LCD versions 4 minutes ago
- › Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2D by Pokerstar
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)