Trying to simplify my setup now. Want a portable Amp/Dac for traveling with my laptop and then when I am at home, just output it to a desktop amp via RCA for bigger headphones. Only two I know is the U-Dac2 and Ibasso D7. D7 has a quality DAC chip, but I heard it is flaky with driver issue and U-Dac2, I had it before and the DAC is only decent. Any other recommendation?
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 8/13/12
- productiBasso D7tagged by System, 8/13/12
- productNuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/13/12
- productPractical Devices XM6tagged by System, 8/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help finding a portable AMP and DAC, 300-650$ Paired with Beuerdynamic DT1350 Last post on 5/29/12 at 1:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 10/6/12 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Practical Devices XM6 vs Ibasso D6 Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:41am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What Portable Headphone amp/DAC should I buy? Ibbasso D4 or D6. Practical Devices XM6 or Pico... Last post on 9/11/11 at 4:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- What is the best portable Amp/Dac with???... Last post on 2/28/11 at 5:25am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
Sometimes you want to hear the pluck of a guitar string. Sometimes that detail can be sacrificed in the name of bass.....enormous bass Honestly these are pretty damned good with rock too. Not...
Firstly, like to thank Mike from Meelectronics for supplying the M9 Classic to review. The new release of the M9 Classic is Meelectronics budget in ear headphone. Priced at $9.99USD, I was...
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Best portable Amp/Dac with RCA output
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The D7 isn't too bad, and I've never had any issues with mine. If you're not too anal about it why not get a good line-out to RCA cable from say, ALO, which will be more versatile with different amp/DAC combos.
I have thought about that as well. Will the sound be as good through output to the amp. With 3.5mm, I guess there is more room to make the jack faulty.
- Best portable Amp/Dac with RCA output
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 51 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 55 seconds ago
- › McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review 1 minute ago
- › Beresford Capella Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Redwine RWAK240 + SanDisk 128GB Class10 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 2 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 2 minutes ago
- › IEMs that will go loud with very little amplification (want to... 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 5 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . . . . dap FW... 6 minutes ago
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2