Trying to simplify my setup now. Want a portable Amp/Dac for traveling with my laptop and then when I am at home, just output it to a desktop amp via RCA for bigger headphones. Only two I know is the U-Dac2 and Ibasso D7. D7 has a quality DAC chip, but I heard it is flaky with driver issue and U-Dac2, I had it before and the DAC is only decent. Any other recommendation?
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 8/13/12
- productiBasso D7tagged by System, 8/13/12
- productNuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/13/12
- productPractical Devices XM6tagged by System, 8/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help finding a portable AMP and DAC, 300-650$ Paired with Beuerdynamic DT1350 Last post on 5/29/12 at 1:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 5/16/15 at 5:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Practical Devices XM6 vs Ibasso D6 Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:41am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What Portable Headphone amp/DAC should I buy? Ibbasso D4 or D6. Practical Devices XM6 or Pico... Last post on 9/11/11 at 4:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- What is the best portable Amp/Dac with???... Last post on 2/28/11 at 5:25am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
First off, I got the E80 on loan from a generous fellow headfi'er. You know who you are. Thanks! I have absolutely no connection to SoundMagic and have no incentive to compose this review...
The Blackwood and Cherrywood side by side. Overall view of what this review consisted of. First of all, I’d like to thank Zach for supplying the Omni for this...
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
Best portable Amp/Dac with RCA output
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The D7 isn't too bad, and I've never had any issues with mine. If you're not too anal about it why not get a good line-out to RCA cable from say, ALO, which will be more versatile with different amp/DAC combos.
I have thought about that as well. Will the sound be as good through output to the amp. With 3.5mm, I guess there is more room to make the jack faulty.
- Best portable Amp/Dac with RCA output
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5,... 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Some questions about settings (sample rate, latency, etc.) for an... 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Beresford Capella Impressions & Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet, 4th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2015... 7 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 9 minutes ago
- › A little about the Campfire Audio Lyra 9 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 11 minutes ago
- › New Sony high-end DSD gear, including a USB DAC 12 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by nmatheis
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by Jjacq
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3