Trying to simplify my setup now. Want a portable Amp/Dac for traveling with my laptop and then when I am at home, just output it to a desktop amp via RCA for bigger headphones. Only two I know is the U-Dac2 and Ibasso D7. D7 has a quality DAC chip, but I heard it is flaky with driver issue and U-Dac2, I had it before and the DAC is only decent. Any other recommendation?
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 8/13/12
- productiBasso D7tagged by System, 8/13/12
- productNuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/13/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/13/12
- productPractical Devices XM6tagged by System, 8/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help finding a portable AMP and DAC, 300-650$ Paired with Beuerdynamic DT1350 Last post on 5/29/12 at 1:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 10/6/12 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Practical Devices XM6 vs Ibasso D6 Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:41am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What Portable Headphone amp/DAC should I buy? Ibbasso D4 or D6. Practical Devices XM6 or Pico... Last post on 9/11/11 at 4:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- What is the best portable Amp/Dac with???... Last post on 2/28/11 at 5:25am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
Best portable Amp/Dac with RCA output
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The D7 isn't too bad, and I've never had any issues with mine. If you're not too anal about it why not get a good line-out to RCA cable from say, ALO, which will be more versatile with different amp/DAC combos.
I have thought about that as well. Will the sound be as good through output to the amp. With 3.5mm, I guess there is more room to make the jack faulty.
- Best portable Amp/Dac with RCA output
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › NVX XPT100 (HM5 clone) - nonexistent bass, tinny and artificial... 47 seconds ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic custom pro/beyerdynamic dt 770/ audio technica ath-m50x ? 2 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi 1 More Design Crystal Pistons - review 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics) 3 minutes ago
- › Foobar2000 guide 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2