Both used on a good pre-amp, and lossless audio. How huge is the upgrade from these too? I'm not talking about the money, but the sound? good improvements or bad? Is it worth the upgrade? Cos I can start using my SR80i outside my house once I get the RS1i.
Related Forum Threads
- Could This Be Better for Grados? Last post on 5/30/14 at 7:08am in Portable Headphone Amps
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Buy sr225i/325is or Trade mspro for rs1i? Last post on 9/12/11 at 4:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- help me create my dream setup Last post on 8/3/11 at 9:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR-80i good for starters? Last post on 7/18/11 at 2:27am in Headphones (full-size)
I barely used them... got one pair and a few months later the left earpiece started cutting sound. The retail shop opened them and did a messy job, were working and then stopped. Got a 2nd pair,...
Wow...these cans seem to generate a lot of passion! Mr. Tech Agent's review below is a pretty tough act to follow, but I will try. 1st a quote from the literature that comes with the HD 650's:...
Final Audio Adagio III Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/744122/final-audio-adagio-iii-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Oh god,...
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
How huge is the upgrade from Grado SR80i to RS1i?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
this is always my recommendation when upgrading from an SR80 variant--- save money and jump to an RS1
though i prefer the older/vintage models of the rs1 which sounds a bit darker than the newer releases. and one of the vintage rs1 comes in an awesome "pizza box"
the one at the right
Edited by Dyaems - 8/9/12 at 5:00pm
The RS line has a very different sound signature from the SR line. Make sure it's what you want before you spend $700. For that price you can get many excellent cans, including--but certainly not limited to--the HiFiMan HE-500.
I love the sound of my RS2i, but I also love what I hear out of the HE-500. Others may prefer the still available but hard to find Sony MDR-SA5000 (at "only" $400 +).
- How huge is the upgrade from Grado SR80i to RS1i?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Lite DAC60 - PCM1704 R2R tubed DAC Mod Project 32 seconds ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E... 41 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 49 seconds ago
- › No difference in sound when trying various amps??!?!?! 1 minute ago
- › Need reference headphones using a Scarlett 2i2 1 minute ago
- › Best directional sound for headphones? Noob to audio 2 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Detail level and speed of headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Apple iPod Earphones Headphones for iPod Nano, Touch & Classic by GoldenGuy66
- › Shure SE215 by damianmb
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Willy 2 Streams
- › Final Audio Design Adagio III by mark2410
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)