Both used on a good pre-amp, and lossless audio. How huge is the upgrade from these too? I'm not talking about the money, but the sound? good improvements or bad? Is it worth the upgrade? Cos I can start using my SR80i outside my house once I get the RS1i.
Related Forum Threads
- How bright are Grados? Last post on Today at 7:29 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Buy sr225i/325is or Trade mspro for rs1i? Last post on 9/12/11 at 4:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- help me create my dream setup Last post on 8/3/11 at 9:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR-80i good for starters? Last post on 7/18/11 at 2:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80i first impressions and questions Last post on 3/20/11 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
How huge is the upgrade from Grado SR80i to RS1i?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
this is always my recommendation when upgrading from an SR80 variant--- save money and jump to an RS1
though i prefer the older/vintage models of the rs1 which sounds a bit darker than the newer releases. and one of the vintage rs1 comes in an awesome "pizza box"
the one at the right
Edited by Dyaems - 8/9/12 at 5:00pm
The RS line has a very different sound signature from the SR line. Make sure it's what you want before you spend $700. For that price you can get many excellent cans, including--but certainly not limited to--the HiFiMan HE-500.
I love the sound of my RS2i, but I also love what I hear out of the HE-500. Others may prefer the still available but hard to find Sony MDR-SA5000 (at "only" $400 +).
- How huge is the upgrade from Grado SR80i to RS1i?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Which headphones are better? 15 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 21 seconds ago
- › FS: Grado GS1000i Statement Series headphones - mint condition 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 3 minutes ago
- › New(?) Bose Soundtrue Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)