Both used on a good pre-amp, and lossless audio. How huge is the upgrade from these too? I'm not talking about the money, but the sound? good improvements or bad? Is it worth the upgrade? Cos I can start using my SR80i outside my house once I get the RS1i.
Related Forum Threads
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 7/20/13 at 3:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Buy sr225i/325is or Trade mspro for rs1i? Last post on 9/12/11 at 4:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- help me create my dream setup Last post on 8/3/11 at 9:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR-80i good for starters? Last post on 7/18/11 at 2:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80i first impressions and questions Last post on 3/20/11 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
The short and simple of it is this is the best DAP for the price I have owned. I have used all the main stream players, (IPods, Zune, Creative Zen Player, etc) and I will never go back. Besides the...
I really like this headphone. I've been trying various headphones in this pricerange, and decided on this one. But maybe the Price is a bit too high, when comparing to the first Creative...
As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about. No mic or controls. I am a person constantly on the go, so most of my listening...
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
How huge is the upgrade from Grado SR80i to RS1i?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
this is always my recommendation when upgrading from an SR80 variant--- save money and jump to an RS1
though i prefer the older/vintage models of the rs1 which sounds a bit darker than the newer releases. and one of the vintage rs1 comes in an awesome "pizza box"
the one at the right
Edited by Dyaems - 8/9/12 at 5:00pm
The RS line has a very different sound signature from the SR line. Make sure it's what you want before you spend $700. For that price you can get many excellent cans, including--but certainly not limited to--the HiFiMan HE-500.
I love the sound of my RS2i, but I also love what I hear out of the HE-500. Others may prefer the still available but hard to find Sony MDR-SA5000 (at "only" $400 +).
- How huge is the upgrade from Grado SR80i to RS1i?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Centrance Dacport LX - Mint! 6 seconds ago
- › Numbers,.... Male vs Female HeadFiers? 22 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Abbingdon Music Research DP-777 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013) 2 minutes ago
- › Help Me Decide On An Entry-Level Pair of Cans, Currently choosing... 3 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Spirit Classic vs Focal Spirit Professional Vs Bowers &... 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 4 minutes ago
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe