FS: Burson HA-160D. Get the D unit for less than a new 160 or 160ds price!
Will Ship To: North America
On sale here is my Burson HA-160D unit that I purchased about two months ago, straight from Parts Connexion, the authorized dealer here in Canada. I'm looking for $650 anywhere in Continental NA, including shipping. $600 for a local Toronto pick up. So one may ask here... why such a cheap price for a near new, top of the line D unit? Few things for full disclosure:
- The unit actually had a faulty input selector out of the box, and I had to wait a few weeks to get a new selector module from Burson and replace it myself. I've replaced it and tested it and it now works perfectly. So no need to worry about it at all, just mentioning it for full disclosure.
- Because of the reason above, the unit has been opened up. As Burson allowed me to do the replacement myself it won't void the warranty, and I don't think opening the unit voids the warranty or anything like that in the first place, anyway.
- The unit has some minor scratches in the exterior (nothing too irritable to the eye, see pics), which probably happened as I opened it up. The aluminum they've chosen to use seems to scratch pretty easily... overall it's no worse than any store's typical B-stock.
- It's got the stepped attenuator click/popping problem that is typical with most stepped attenuators, and very common with the Burson units. It's not overly bad and with the low impedence jack, it's not too bothersome at all. You can open up the unit and clean the attenuator yourself to fix it, or do this well known fix: http://bursonaudioblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/burson-ha-160-stepped-attenuator.html
- I got the unit in the Burson Parts Connexion special which included some aftermarket interconnect and power cords. I'm going to be keeping those, but I can include a regular power cord/USB cable with the unit if you'd like.
- The receipt will be included with the unit, (I have not yet registered the unit with Burson yet, though, so I don't think warranty issue will be a problem. You can probably do it under your name once you get it) and the original box and packing materials will be included. The box is actually brand new and wasn't even taped up as I picked it up in person straight from Parts Connexion.
The unit itself sounds great without any problems! The reason for selling is that I've decided that my newest SS amp acquisition, the AMB M3, fits in better with me as a SS amp. Burson is a more detailed amp with more extension and is technically better (with a very good DAC to boot!), but I just enjoy the fatigue free experience that the M3 gives me more.
Anyways, do PM me with offers. Thanks!