Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH D400 Unboxing and Review Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon AH D400 Unboxing and Review Thread! - Page 5

post #61 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaglebob View Post

How strong is the bass? Could I get this to replace my beats pro?


The bass is solid, almost basshead level, but not at the level of Beats Pro.  However, they are lighter and the overall sound is much better for all genres.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #62 of 77

Then I guess denon lies since they claim earth shattering bass. Even according to the few people who use the music maniac series say that its extremely punchy.

post #63 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaglebob View Post

Then I guess denon lies since they claim earth shattering bass.

 

Thank God.

post #64 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfoclt View Post

 

Thank God.

still some people like earth shattering bass, not boomy though. 

post #65 of 77

I just meant I don't want actual earth shattering bass.  That would be a major bummer.

post #66 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfoclt View Post

I just meant I don't want actual earth shattering bass.  That would be a major bummer.

 

Well pardon my noobyness in that case. go with what you like

post #67 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfoclt View Post

I just meant I don't want actual earth shattering bass.  That would be a major bummer.

Bad for your house insurance.

post #68 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaglebob View Post

How strong is the bass? Could I get this to replace my beats pro?

 

It's about on par with the Beats Studio in terms of bass quantity.

 

Quality-wise, they are a toss up. They aren't very detailed at all, especially considering its huge price tag. A/B-ing between the D400 and the Beats Studio offered little difference. I wish I had a more expansive auditioning session, but suffice to say, I'm not really impressed.

post #69 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post

 

It's about on par with the Beats Studio in terms of bass quantity.

 

Quality-wise, they are a toss up. They aren't very detailed at all, especially considering its huge price tag. A/B-ing between the D400 and the Beats Studio offered little difference. I wish I had a more expansive auditioning session, but suffice to say, I'm not really impressed.

 

Well **** that wink_face.gif

post #70 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushNerd View Post

Ha! I should have gotten a pair of these to go along with my computer case!

700


what type of case is that?

post #71 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRookie52 View Post


what type of case is that?

It's a Lian-Li B25F.

post #72 of 77

I purchased the D400 recently. It's an interesting one!

 

They look really good holding then in my hands. However when putting them on my head, those sticking out wheels seem to grab a lot of attentions, especially from star war fans...

 

Their sound.. is definitely bass heavy. Good mid bass and sub bass, but less extension compared to the D2000. Comparing to the D1100, the D400 have even more bass boost, and a rolled off treble. In comparison, the D1100 sound a lot more clear and neutral. The D400 sound even duller compared to the D2000 /D5000/ D7000 that I have. They do work very very well for genres such as RnB, Hip Hop but for anything else with more acoustic instruments, I prefer the cheaper and arguably classier looking D1100.

 

These are better than those dreaded Beats Studio though which I feel is the direction that Denon wanted to go... But so does the D1100 surpass even more acoustically. The D1100 can be found so much cheaper now!
 

post #73 of 77
Hey, Im new to head-fi and am just wondering if i should get these or if i should get the ah-d 2000s, I mainly listen to EDM and am seeing what would be best I like how you said that the bass was really punchy, thats what im looking for, but i hear some great hings about the 2000s. Can someone help.
post #74 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by RADIATION LEAK7 View Post

Hey, Im new to head-fi and am just wondering if i should get these or if i should get the ah-d 2000s, I mainly listen to EDM and am seeing what would be best I like how you said that the bass was really punchy, thats what im looking for, but i hear some great hings about the 2000s. Can someone help.


IMO, the D400 is not a good sounding headphone and maybe one of the worst sounding headphones Denon has produced.  For EDM, I highly recommend the V-Moda M-100.

post #75 of 77

Sorry to revive an old thread but I was thinking about buying a pair of the AH-D400s from Newegg since one of their marketplace sellers has them on sale for $80 through the 17th of May. I know these have received some mediocre reviews for the original price but would they be worth it at this new price? I'm something of a basshead, by the way, if that helps.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH D400 Unboxing and Review Thread!