Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH D400 Unboxing and Review Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon AH D400 Unboxing and Review Thread! - Page 4

post #46 of 77

I would assume if the blue light is on, they are for sure in active mode.  You gotta have the battery for the light.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #47 of 77

I thought of getting these cans, now after reading all this, i am thinking twice...!

post #48 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerianaoff View Post

I thought of getting these cans, now after reading all this, i am thinking twice...!


I bought these and am returning with a restocking fee.  One of the worst sounding headphones I ever heard at any price, run, don't walk away from the D400!  See my impression of these on the new Denon appreciation thread.

post #49 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


I bought these and am returning with a restocking fee.  One of the worst sounding headphones I ever heard at any price, run, don't walk away from the D400!  See my impression of these on the new Denon appreciation thread.

 

Thanks so much mate...luckily i didn't pursue ! Appreciate it !

post #50 of 77

I guess that with all the extras on them, amplifier, volume controls, microphone etc. that you are not actually getting much quality driver for your money... Also these are aimed at the beats crowd so I am not suprised. Also denons are not exactly amazing value for money in general so it would seem logical that the D400 are ***** then lol.

post #51 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post

I guess that with all the extras on them, amplifier, volume controls, microphone etc. that you are not actually getting much quality driver for your money... Also these are aimed at the beats crowd so I am not suprised. Also denons are not exactly amazing value for money in general so it would seem logical that the D400 are ***** then lol.


All  valid points and I was thinking the same thing, but curiosity and what I thought was a great deal got the better of me.  Lesson learned.  Buying them on impulse is actually all Val's fault since the M-100s haven't been released yet ;)

post #52 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


All  valid points and I was thinking the same thing, but curiosity and what I thought was a great deal got the better of me.  Lesson learned.  Buying them on impulse is actually all Val's fault since the M-100s haven't been released yet ;)

 

 

Oh yes...now looking forward for the M100s...hopefully they fair well !

post #53 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerianaoff View Post

 

 

Oh yes...now looking forward for the M100s...hopefully they fair well !


If they don't work for you, have I pointed you in the direction of the PSB M4U2?  They are one of my favorite headphones in the $400 range with great bass (right on the basshead border, but never intrudes on the mids) and accurate reproduction of mids and highs.

post #54 of 77

Are the Vmoda M100 supra aural? (on ear)? The M80's look very small

post #55 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post

Are the Vmoda M100 supra aural? (on ear)? The M80's look very small


The M-100 is circumaural like the LP2.  The M-80 is supraaural

post #56 of 77

Even the LP look very small

post #57 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post

Even the LP look very small


Unless you have very large ears, they should be fine.  My ears are larger than average.  The pads are hexagon shaped, not round, so the size can be deceiving.  From pictures, the oval Ultrasone Edition 8s look like very small pads, but they fit fine over my ears and are quite comfortable.  Months ago Val also mentioned the possibility of being able to purchase larger earpads as an option, although I don't know if they will come to be.


Edited by Craigster75 - 8/24/12 at 12:19pm
post #58 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


If they don't work for you, have I pointed you in the direction of the PSB M4U2?  They are one of my favorite headphones in the $400 range with great bass (right on the basshead border, but never intrudes on the mids) and accurate reproduction of mids and highs.

 

They look really good...something to surely look into...:) Tks mate...

post #59 of 77

How strong is the bass? Could I get this to replace my beats pro?

post #60 of 77

Those headphones look like some ricy gaymer headsets. Not my cup of tea.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH D400 Unboxing and Review Thread!