Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic's In Australia
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamic's In Australia

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

Anyone know somewhere to get a pair of dt-770's from in Aus? I'm up in the NT and looking at getting a pair, however, what I have found has been ridiculously overpriced ($300 when it's $190 on Amazon) and would like to get them from somewhere in Australia so I don't have to wait a month to get them from the US.

post #2 of 11
Thread Starter 

anyone?

post #3 of 11

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/Beyerdynamic-DT770-PRO-Closed-Reference-Headphones-1

 

Free shipping, great service too. I got my E17 amp from there and it arrived the next day.
 

post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by torana355 View Post

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/Beyerdynamic-DT770-PRO-Closed-Reference-Headphones-1

 

Free shipping, great service too. I got my E17 amp from there and it arrived the next day.
 

Was just looking there, $60 more than amazon though blink.gif and they're sold out of the 80 ohm version :(. 250 would be very weak without an amp wouldn't it?

post #5 of 11
You won't find it in Australia cheaper than on Amazon, that's the unfortunate reality of the Australian headphone market. Anyway, once you factor in the postage cost from Amazon it's not all that much cheaper than here.
post #6 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theeyealtering View Post

You won't find it in Australia cheaper than on Amazon, that's the unfortunate reality of the Australian headphone market. Anyway, once you factor in the postage cost from Amazon it's not all that much cheaper than here.

That sucks, might have to go addicted audio then. Should I wait for the 80 ohms to come back in stock or would the 250 ohms be ok? Don't know a whole lot about the difference just the the higher the ohms the 'crisper' (?) the sound but they won't be as loud… not too sure on this lol.

post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekkk View Post

That sucks, might have to go addicted audio then. Should I wait for the 80 ohms to come back in stock or would the 250 ohms be ok? Don't know a whole lot about the difference just the the higher the ohms the 'crisper' (?) the sound but they won't be as loud… not too sure on this lol.
http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/service/faqs/faq-for-headphones.html#fo547
My experience is that the sonic difference between impedances is often exaggerated on this forum.

The 80Ohm is supposed to be bassier and the 250Ohm is supposed to sound more natural.
I doubt volume is going to be an issue with an E7. Those things go loud so you'd probably be fine either way.
post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theeyealtering View Post


http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/service/faqs/faq-for-headphones.html#fo547
My experience is that the sonic difference between impedances is often exaggerated on this forum.
The 80Ohm is supposed to be bassier and the 250Ohm is supposed to sound more natural.
I doubt volume is going to be an issue with an E7. Those things go loud so you'd probably be fine either way.

Hmmm, I would prefer it to be a bit bassier. Also talking about amps, I'm a bit conflicted. The e7 seems to be great for use with my laptop (Macbook Pro) for music but I also intend to use these headphones for gaming; because of this I'm thinking about the Recon3D as it's good for gaming and I can hook it up to my Xbox. However, I'm not sure if the Recon3D is any good for music, would you happen to know anything about it?


Edited by Gekkk - 8/8/12 at 7:24am
post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 

bump

post #10 of 11

eBay has great prices.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BEYERDYNAMIC-DT-770-PRO-250-dt770-pro250-dt-770pro-PROAUDIOSTAR-/290757174133?pt=DJ_Gear_Lighting&hash=item43b27a6375
Prepare for a long wait though, USPS sucks. Took me nearly 3 weeks for my MS-Pros to finally arrive...

post #11 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post

eBay has great prices.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BEYERDYNAMIC-DT-770-PRO-250-dt770-pro250-dt-770pro-PROAUDIOSTAR-/290757174133?pt=DJ_Gear_Lighting&hash=item43b27a6375
Prepare for a long wait though, USPS sucks. Took me nearly 3 weeks for my MS-Pros to finally arrive...

Yeh, not a big fan of waiting :P. Might have to just go with addicted, still have to wait for them to get the 80 ohms back in stock though :\.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic's In Australia