Ive been wanting to build a pimeta-2 amp to compliment my (wonderful) akg k701's. I want to bring out the bass a little and give enough power to really drive these power hungry phones. All suggestions are welcome, such as which op-amps to use or even other amps besides the pimeta that would be a better fit for me.
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD-2 vs AKG K701 on a Schiit Lyr is it worth it? Last post on 10/11/11 at 7:54pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone Amp For AKG K501 Last post on 9/10/11 at 6:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- X-can V8 or Schiit Lyr for my k702? Last post on 6/3/11 at 2:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for HE-500 Last post on 4/1/15 at 9:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for my new HD650 and AKG K701 Last post on 1/6/14 at 11:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
Hi my name is Andrew Reddog Jones, I have been into this fantastic hobby for almost two years. I mostly take care of my mother and sometimes fix vcrs. Today I plan on doing a review oh HIFIMAN's...
Suprisingly, this cheap in ear jlab sounded good enough for me to come here and get into better sound.
- Headphone Impedance
Custom amp to compliment AKG K701's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 4
8/7/12 at 3:38pm
The Schiit Lyr is the best I have heard the K701 sound and I've tried quite a few amps with them. If you are set on going DIY though I have no idea. Perhaps see if you could reverse engineer one!
post #3 of 4
8/7/12 at 3:46pm
post #4 of 4
8/7/12 at 3:51pm
- Custom amp to compliment AKG K701's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 3499 Active Users (741 Members and 2758 Guests)
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 14 seconds ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 15 seconds ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › FS: Ray Samuels Protector Balanced Portable Amp 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 2 minutes ago
- › Q-Jays are back. 2 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 4 minutes ago
- › Best Single Driver IEM 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2