Ive been wanting to build a pimeta-2 amp to compliment my (wonderful) akg k701's. I want to bring out the bass a little and give enough power to really drive these power hungry phones. All suggestions are welcome, such as which op-amps to use or even other amps besides the pimeta that would be a better fit for me.
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD-2 vs AKG K701 on a Schiit Lyr is it worth it? Last post on 10/11/11 at 7:54pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone Amp For AKG K501 Last post on 9/10/11 at 6:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- X-can V8 or Schiit Lyr for my k702? Last post on 6/3/11 at 2:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for HE-500 Last post on 4/1/15 at 9:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for my new HD650 and AKG K701 Last post on 1/6/14 at 11:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
- Headphone Impedance
Custom amp to compliment AKG K701's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 4
8/7/12 at 3:38pm
The Schiit Lyr is the best I have heard the K701 sound and I've tried quite a few amps with them. If you are set on going DIY though I have no idea. Perhaps see if you could reverse engineer one!
post #3 of 4
8/7/12 at 3:46pm
post #4 of 4
8/7/12 at 3:51pm
- Custom amp to compliment AKG K701's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 3163 Active Users (562 Members and 2601 Guests)
- › usb to dac or s/pif to dac better? and what dac? 23 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › How to Compare Headphones - Factoring out loudness 2 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 3 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)