Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Heir Audio 4.Ai - Appreciation/Impression/Review Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Heir Audio 4.Ai - Appreciation/Impression/Review Thread - Page 51  

post #751 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotnijoe View Post


Yuppp!!! See how it turns out. Wizard said that the range of colors for buck eye burl can range wuite a bit so ill take the gamble and see how it turns out! Sound comes first at the end of the day so we'll judge things off of that smily_headphones1.gif

 

 

Well, the ones he posted before are just amazing! Good luck with yours then... 

post #752 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotnijoe View Post


Yuppp!!! See how it turns out. Wizard said that the range of colors for buck eye burl can range wuite a bit so ill take the gamble and see how it turns out! Sound comes first at the end of the day so we'll judge things off of that smily_headphones1.gif

 

and you can do a comparison between that and the 3ai you have!

post #753 of 2528

I know some people won't be happy the way the cable's shown in the pic, but it was so tempting :)

 

post #754 of 2528

Hello

 

I suspect this is a basic question but recently purchased 4.Ai and getting random intermittent left / right cut-out of phones. Plug out then back in and it's OK but before long returns. Can someone advise.

Thanks.

post #755 of 2528

That sounds like a cable socket issue.

 

There is two simple sollution, either one can work.

 

1) Disconnect the cable from the socket

2) With a pair of needle nose pliers "smash" down on the pins attempting to make the pin less round (O) and more oval () in shape.

 

After doing so, re-insert the cable into the socket and you will feel that it is tighter.

 

the other method is to actually slightly bend the pins.

 

 

 

The issue with the pins is that they are made via a lathe process. When they are made, tiny microscopic ridges are left on the pins. Over time and use those ridges become more smooth, and thus the friction holding them in place in the socket is less. 

 

Bending the pins or attempting to make them more oval restores that friction.

 

 

Wizard

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

post #756 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopper29 View Post

Hello

 

I suspect this is a basic question but recently purchased 4.Ai and getting random intermittent left / right cut-out of phones. Plug out then back in and it's OK but before long returns. Can someone advise.

Thanks.

The pins aren't tight enough. Using needlenose pliers, give them a very cautious squeeze so they'll grip the holes tighter when you insert them in the IEMs. smile.gif

post #757 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

The pins aren't tight enough. Using needlenose pliers, give them a very cautious squeeze so they'll grip the holes tighter when you insert them in the IEMs. smile.gif

U type at a blazing speed!

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

post #758 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post

U type at a blazing speed!

Been at work for 16 hours and counting... My blood type at this point is "Mocha". 

post #759 of 2528

Thanks Wizard & Sorensiim - most helpful. I'll carefully get to work with some pliers.

post #760 of 2528

For those of you who are interested in reading an additional review of the 4.Ai or perhaps just looking at some really great photos, Audio-Head.com just released their review. Link here: http://bit.ly/SJ4wjq

Brannan Mason

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

post #761 of 2528
Thread Starter 

Yes nice pictures!

post #762 of 2528

gorgeous

post #763 of 2528

Gosh. These are soo soo pretty!

I can't wait to order mine. I'm still trying to decide between the 3.ai and 4.ai 

 

I wish I could get a demo of both - I prefer a V shape sound signature, so the 3.ai seems to be a better fit, but I also *love* clarity, and the 4.ai excels in that sense. So so so torn right now :o

 

 

and as a college student, it's a bit hard to shell out $300 and $400 on two different IEM's. :P

post #764 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Charm View Post

Gosh. These are soo soo pretty!


I can't wait to order mine. I'm still trying to decide between the 3.ai and 4.ai 

I wish I could get a demo of both - I prefer a V shape sound signature, so the 3.ai seems to be a better fit, but I also *love* clarity, and the 4.ai excels in that sense. So so so torn right now redface.gif


and as a college student, it's a bit hard to shell out $300 and $400 on two different IEM's. :P
I'm in the same boat...Very very torn! I know I want to buy a pair, and can only afford one. From reading all the reviews and posts, I think I would really like both.

I really like hearing all the detail and instrument separation..i get a real kick out of hearing clarity and detail. but also I have a huge appreciation of bass guitar especially, so I wonder if the 3.ai might be better. Also the cost difference is significant to me.

I am afraid the 4.ai could be too boring? Help!

I mostly listen to all forms of rock from gentle acoustic to metal. Very varied! If anyone who has tried both can steer me in a direction it would be appreciated. Using iPod 5.5 with rockbox and a Fiio e11 via line out. My current iem is Mee a161p so either will be a big step up. Also my I pod is fairly uhh.. crippled in the highs so maybe the v shape is good for me?
Thanks
Edited by thegrobe - 10/9/12 at 10:22am
post #765 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrobe View Post


I'm in the same boat...Very very torn! I know I want to buy a pair, and can only afford one. From reading all the reviews and posts, I think I would really like both.
I really like hearing all the detail and instrument separation..i get a real kick out of hearing clarity and detail. but also I have a huge appreciation of bass guitar especially, so I wonder if the 3.ai might be better. Also the cost difference is significant to me.
I am afraid the 4.ai could be too boring? Help!
I mostly listen to all forms of rock from gentle acoustic to metal. Very varied! If anyone who has tried both can steer me in a direction it would be appreciated. Using iPod 5.5 with rockbox and a Fiio e11 via line out. My current iem is Mee a161p so either will be a big step up. Also my I pod is fairly uhh.. crippled in the highs so maybe the v shape is good for me?
Thanks

 

I used to own the A161p, and it's definitely not v-shaped. If you want an upgrade from that basic signature, I think the 4ai would be your best bet...based on what I've read, of course.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Heir Audio 4.Ai - Appreciation/Impression/Review Thread