Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Heir Audio 4.Ai - Appreciation/Impression/Review Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Heir Audio 4.Ai - Appreciation/Impression/Review Thread - Page 6  

post #76 of 2528
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post

I need impressions about the 4.Ai and 3.Ai! Forget your 8.A for a while, and focus on the universals! biggrin.gif

+1 ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

Keep in mind that I have the 8.A in my ears already - Somehow the Ai's still have me hyped biggrin.gif

Too damn right they should! They are awesome and also a universal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

Oh my.

 

 

700

 

8.A - 4.Ai - 3.Ai

And wow!, That is one parcel you will be getting, the 3.Ai looks like it has a brighter faceplate! Anyway, no rushing but get some impression up when ready but we can get some photos out ASAP ;)

post #77 of 2528

@swimsonny, great impressions, these iems are really intriguing. Any chance of a comparison with the westone 4's and the pfe 232's (which i really want, but cant justify their price)?

post #78 of 2528
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by esuhgb View Post

@swimsonny, great impressions, these iems are really intriguing. Any chance of a comparison with the westone 4's and the pfe 232's (which i really want, but cant justify their price)?

thanks mate! They are indeed and also sound fantastic even at the price asked. I can not as i do not have them unfortunately but these are cheaper so surely easier to justify the price? ;) I will hopefully be able to soon or some one else will be able to though!

post #79 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

thanks mate! They are indeed and also sound fantastic even at the price asked. I can not as i do not have them unfortunately but these are cheaper so surely easier to justify the price? ;) I will hopefully be able to soon or some one else will be able to though!

At $400 they are very tempting. But being in the UK, am sure customs will make it worse. :P Anyway how do these peform with trance? Cosidering i like my pfe122's with black filters which are not bass heavy.

post #80 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

+1 ;)

Too damn right they should! They are awesome and also a universal!

And wow!, That is one parcel you will be getting, the 3.Ai looks like it has a brighter faceplate! Anyway, no rushing but get some impression up when ready but we can get some photos out ASAP ;)

Already had the 8.A, I just lined them up with the 4.Ai and the 3.Ai to get that shot. Here, have another one!

 

 

700

 

I am AMAZED at how The Wizard has crammed so much sound into such a small packet!

post #81 of 2528

Nice looking things... Have you listened to the universals yet? tongue.gif

post #82 of 2528
Thread Starter 
Oh, I thought they were what wizard had sent you (like a few others got early pictures, although I knew you had a 8.A as I read your review). In that case congrats on their arrival. What you been listening to the most , 4.Ai, impressed right wink.gif oh and nice picture!
post #83 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post

Nice looking things... Have you listened to the universals yet? tongue.gif

Haven't heard my 8.A's since the universals arrived wink.gif

post #84 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

Haven't heard my 8.A's since the universals arrived wink.gif

 

 

So, you're doing great! Keep it up! We need those listening impressions! biggrin.gif

post #85 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post

 

 

So, you're doing great! Keep it up! We need those listening impressions! biggrin.gif

3.Ai: Great fun! The bass goes deep and has plenty of punch without sacrificing the midrange. Top end has plenty of bite, might calm down a bit with burn-in. Right now I'm listening to The Fat of The Land by The Prodigy with a big fat grin on my face. My FS Atrios has more bass but the 3.Ai is sonically a much better overall package.

 

4.Ai: Amazing clarity! Listening to the album "The Union" by Elton John & Leon Russel in 24/96 yields superb piano and vocals, but they don't extend as deep as the 3.Ai. Very detailed sound and will probably not be a good choice for playing mp3's out of your phone.

post #86 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

3.Ai: Great fun! The bass goes deep and has plenty of punch without sacrificing the midrange. Top end has plenty of bite, might calm down a bit with burn-in. Right now I'm listening to The Fat of The Land by The Prodigy with a big fat grin on my face. My FS Atrios has more bass but the 3.Ai is sonically a much better overall package.

 

4.Ai: Amazing clarity! Listening to the album "The Union" by Elton John & Leon Russel in 24/96 yields superb piano and vocals, but they don't extend as deep as the 3.Ai. Very detailed sound and will probably not be a good choice for playing mp3's out of your phone.

 

 

Great first impressions and comparison! I guess the 3.Ai have the sound signature that better suits me, except for the way you described that top end which worries me a bit, as I'm really sensitive to highs! Are those highs piercing and too pronounced? How about sililance, is there any? 

 

 

Thanks!

post #87 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

3.Ai: Great fun! The bass goes deep and has plenty of punch without sacrificing the midrange. Top end has plenty of bite, might calm down a bit with burn-in. Right now I'm listening to The Fat of The Land by The Prodigy with a big fat grin on my face. My FS Atrios has more bass but the 3.Ai is sonically a much better overall package.

 

4.Ai: Amazing clarity! Listening to the album "The Union" by Elton John & Leon Russel in 24/96 yields superb piano and vocals, but they don't extend as deep as the 3.Ai. Very detailed sound and will probably not be a good choice for playing mp3's out of your phone.

hmmm so you actually feel that there's more than enough treble on he 3.Ais?

post #88 of 2528
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

3.Ai: Great fun! The bass goes deep and has plenty of punch without sacrificing the midrange. Top end has plenty of bite, might calm down a bit with burn-in. Right now I'm listening to The Fat of The Land by The Prodigy with a big fat grin on my face. My FS Atrios has more bass but the 3.Ai is sonically a much better overall package.

 

4.Ai: Amazing clarity! Listening to the album "The Union" by Elton John & Leon Russel in 24/96 yields superb piano and vocals, but they don't extend as deep as the 3.Ai. Very detailed sound and will probably not be a good choice for playing mp3's out of your phone.

Thanks for the quick overviews of them so far! Will add it to OP!

post #89 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotnijoe View Post

hmmm so you actually feel that there's more than enough treble on he 3.Ais?

Not shrill or piercing, but sparkly indeed. Reminds me of the top end on the Ultrasone Pro 900 prior to burn-in. I'll keep them running and report back if anything changes. They seem to have calmed down a little bit but I might just be my ears getting used to the sound. I'll switch to the 4.Ai now and come back to the 3.Ai later etysmile.gif

post #90 of 2528

Dang Nabbit... now I'm looking at some of my audio gear... wondering what I can sell off before picking up a set of the 3.Ai...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Heir Audio 4.Ai - Appreciation/Impression/Review Thread