- 3 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Heir Audio 3.AI vs. Heir Audio 4.AI vs Sony EX1000! Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for earphones with little to no bass, clear sound Last post on 8/26/13 at 2:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Heir audia 3.ai and 4.ai Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
Heir Audio 4.Ai - Appreciation/Impression/Review Thread - Page 18post #256 of 25228/23/12 at 10:20pmHas anyone done a comparison of these and the Earsonic SM3s?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #257 of 25228/24/12 at 4:02amThread Starter
No one seems to have yet unfortunately.post #258 of 25228/26/12 at 7:40am
Very informative graph, now I understood the sonic differences.
By the way I still preferred my FX500 over tf10 due to it's wider soundstage and very good timbre.
I think I'll save up for UM Miracle as my next IEMQuote:Originally Posted by Swimsonny
I have only heard the TF10 and FX500 while on loan so they are not with me now. I will do you comparison but do not have time as about to go on holiday. I will say that the 4.Ai exceeds the FX500 and TF10 in every category expect mid-bass content and sub-bass, the rest is a whitewash to the 4.Ai.
Check this quickly:
This has quite annoyed me, i hate trolls
They are very natural sounding but have perhaps to much bass to be analytical. These are just perfectly neutral.
Not by any means at all. I have used these straight out of my Cowon j3 for a great sound and the iPhone 4 for a good sound but preferred from other amps and sources. It is easily driven so nothing is needed though.
Thanks mate!post #259 of 25228/26/12 at 11:42pmpost #260 of 25228/27/12 at 7:49ampost #261 of 25228/27/12 at 7:51ampost #262 of 25228/27/12 at 8:14ampost #263 of 25228/27/12 at 8:40amQuote:
Yeah, that's the dull, boring standard look... Which shows pretty well why dealing with Heir is something specialpost #264 of 25228/27/12 at 8:41ampost #265 of 25228/27/12 at 9:51amThread StarterQuote:
There is only this option avaliable, there customs you can change wood etc. There universal you can not.Quote:
I can understand tis and the FX500 soundstage is indeed bigger and the timbre heavier and warmed (dynamic properties) to the lighter more metallic TF10 timbre and that could be argued either way what is better. I just found over technical abilities of the TF10 such as speed and separation and the slightly less buried mids to make it a better IEM.
Fair enough but bare in mind this is a lot cheaper.... and is still mind blowingly good ;)
Great picture mate! ;)post #266 of 25228/28/12 at 9:41ampost #267 of 25228/29/12 at 2:40pmpost #268 of 25228/29/12 at 2:42pmQuote:
Really looking forward to your impressions, Joey!post #269 of 25228/29/12 at 3:00pmpost #270 of 25228/29/12 at 3:17pmThread StarterQuote:
We are all currently reviewers so did not pay.
Also reasons to choose this:
- Ease/speed of buying
- Resale Value
- No refits etc.
- Will have very similar sound
- A few others i am too tired to think of ahah
So yes, price is not always the factor and customs are not always the best choice. However i want sime customs bad none the less ;)Quote:Originally Posted by Sorensiim
Finally posted my review of the 3.Ai and 4.Ai: http://www.head-fi.org/t/624873/review-heir-3-ai-and-4-ai
Added to OP! Awesome Review!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Heir Audio 4.Ai - Appreciation/Impression/Review Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 16th 2013 and feature poll... 16 seconds ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread 55 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › DT990 Pro Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 2 minutes ago
- › The Korean Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe