Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Heir Audio 4.Ai - Appreciation/Impression/Review Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Heir Audio 4.Ai - Appreciation/Impression/Review Thread - Page 140  

post #2086 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

The 3ai and 4ai also say the words in them under the crown.

 

#FirstWorldReviewerProblems

 

I don't think Heir imagined all 4 would ever be bought by a person anyway. tongue.gif

 

        The words were printed under the crown in the earlier models....  but is not continued today

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

post #2087 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post

 

        The words were printed under the crown in the earlier models....  but is not continued today

I personally think that having the words would be nice.

 

Red or Gold crown. But then with words.

 

especially if they are all the same color plateL3000.gif

post #2088 of 2528

Sure it would be nice, that is why we did it to begin with. But the problem is the "floor space" of that area of the IEM is not very large, and can vary from IEM to IEM as they are all hand built.

 

Thus, due to the limited floor space, sometimes the laser would hit the edge of the face plate/wood

 

 

Minor issue, but a flaw none the less, a flaw that requires about an hour to fix.

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

post #2089 of 2528
Yeah. I see what you mean. If I was to get multiple heir universals. They wouldn't have same faceplate anyway.

Hand built. Huh. Im not getting good fit with the tzar 90. I have a good one with every other one.

Good work with the 350 and 4ai though.
post #2090 of 2528

Why not engrave the model number onto the faceplate? It could be as big or small as you like.

post #2091 of 2528

O_O man why did I miss out on the  discount ...... :[ especially when my hand is hovering over the order button 

post #2092 of 2528
Originally Posted by putente View Post
Ok, so for Comply foam tips we know the T-500 can be used, and also the T-200 series (according to Swimmsonny)! I can start the list with those... wink.gif

 


 

A list of compatible third party tips with the Heir Audio universals:

  • Comply T-200 
  • Comply T-500
  • Meelec bi-flanges
  • Sony Hybrids

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC_SL View Post

Thought the numbers refer to hole size, so how does both T-200 and T-500 fit? Unless am wrong on that

 

Need to top up Comply supply for all my IEM... :/

 

From the main appreciation thread but think will more likely get a response here. I know Comply can be co-erced, e.g. can get T100 onto my PFE 232 with a bit of push but T200 - T500 is three sizes apart? Also if Comply rep reads your site needs updating :p

post #2093 of 2528

How much difference in sound is there between the 4.ai amped and unamped?

post #2094 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel521 View Post

How much difference in sound is there between the 4.ai amped and unamped?

Depends on what dap/pmp you are talking about.

 

Some may have too much power or produce too much noise or have inbalance.

post #2095 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel521 View Post

How much difference in sound is there between the 4.ai amped and unamped?

 

      That is a very "amp dependent' type question.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Why not engrave the model number onto the faceplate? It could be as big or small as you like.

 

      The IEMs carry wood face plates. To me, wood is about natural beauty and ingraveing across wood can at times detract from that.

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

post #2096 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post

 

      That is a very "amp dependent' type question.

a fiio e11

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Depends on what dap/pmp you are talking about.

 

Some may have too much power or produce too much noise or have inbalance.

an iphone 4

post #2097 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel521 View Post

a fiio e11

 

an iphone 4

I only have 4S.

 

It all comes down to how much you care. The difference obviously is there. 

 

But if you think its worth it to carry an amp or use one is another thing

 

The 4S works admirably with it though. 

 

45% volume is med-high volume already.

 

No noise. Very quiet.

 

Some parts that I liked on the 4ai aren't shown as well though. Especially highs. Seperation and soundstage is dialed down a bit too.

 

But it doesn't sound bad. Quite good for on the go. 

 


I would not recommend E11 with it. Warm, bassy and sweet may be a quality you can use to colour the 4ai. but the 4ai should be used with more neutral amps. E12 or other company amps best.

 

The 4ai has its qualities. The E11 is a different spectrum of sound. The 4S already colors the sound quite a bit. I would not want it to be coloured anymore by the E11. The 4ai is a neutral thing for a reason.

 


My 4S is taking the picture.(to let you know I'm trying it out)

 


Edited by bowei006 - 1/29/13 at 5:14pm
post #2098 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I only have 4S.

 

It all comes down to how much you care. The difference obviously is there. 

 

But if you think its worth it to carry an amp or use one is another thing

 

The 4S works admirably with it though. 

 

45% volume is med-high volume already.

 

No noise. Very quiet.

 

Some parts that I liked on the 4ai aren't shown as well though. Especially highs. Seperation and soundstage is dialed down a bit too.

 

But it doesn't sound bad. Quite good for on the go. 

 


I would not recommend E11 with it. Warm, bassy and sweet may be a quality you can use to colour the 4ai. but the 4ai should be used with more neutral amps. E12 or other company amps best.

 

The 4ai has its qualities. The E11 is a different spectrum of sound. The 4S already colors the sound quite a bit. I would not want it to be coloured anymore by the E11. The 4ai is a neutral thing for a reason.

 


My 4S is taking the picture.(to let you know I'm trying it out)

 

Thanks for the info :)

 

Do you think it loses some clarity? Clarity seems to be one of the main qualities of this IEM.

post #2099 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel521 View Post

Thanks for the info :)

 

Do you think it loses some clarity? Clarity seems to be one of the main qualities of this IEM.

Yes. It loses some with the 4S. And a bit more with E11.

 

Warm and bassy basically :/

 

E12 would be a good one for the Heir..IF ONLY it wasn't so fricking powerful. too much power sadly. Heir is too sensitive and I have to move the volume knob too slowly -_- for the 4ai that is.

 

I haven't tested with other IEM's from Heir yet.

post #2100 of 2528
Thread Starter 

if you really what to ooze clarity out of the Heir 4.Ai and do not want to spend a lot then i do not think you can go wrong with the hippo cricri which is a lovely tiny amp and just adds a bit more high mids and really does great things for clarity! Its also really cheap, Jaben sell it!

 

My review is here:

 

http://www.inearspace.co.uk/inearspace/Hippo_cricri.html

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Heir Audio 4.Ai - Appreciation/Impression/Review Thread