- 4,266 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Heir Audio 3.AI vs. Heir Audio 4.AI vs Sony EX1000! Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for earphones with little to no bass, clear sound Last post on 8/26/13 at 2:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Heir audia 3.ai and 4.ai Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
Heir Audio 4.Ai - Appreciation/Impression/Review Thread - Page 125post #1861 of 252811/27/12 at 4:07amThread StarterHow come you don't use it. Because you scared of hurting it or does it take a bit longer to insert? I think CIEMs are just as practical as universal most if the time. (Minus silicone)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1862 of 252811/27/12 at 4:13ampost #1863 of 252811/27/12 at 4:15amThread StarterYeh my lears are in and sealed in seconds. My silicone ACS t2 are a pain though. That's why I was curious for why he leaves them in the box?post #1864 of 252811/27/12 at 4:22ampost #1865 of 252811/27/12 at 4:25amThread StarterOn purpose? I was really tempted. The thing is I would then have a abundant 4.Ai and a slightly better 4.A. It is a lot of money still.post #1866 of 252811/27/12 at 4:29ampost #1867 of 252811/27/12 at 4:42am
I really only listen to 1 ear at work. When I'm home, I don't like all the isolation from the kids... so I tend to listen to my home setup more. When it gets late... I put on my A30 and attack Noobs in BLOPS 2 (after finishing homework). I've had the 4.A for about 6mos now... and can count the hours of use on 1 hand.post #1868 of 252811/27/12 at 4:48amThread Starterpost #1869 of 252811/27/12 at 4:54ampost #1870 of 252811/27/12 at 5:03ampost #1871 of 252811/28/12 at 12:48pm
Just wondering, when buying the 4ai, is it possible to give some specifications as to how you might want the wood? Like, can you request a darker shade?
Also, what are some good portable amps that pair nicely with the 4ai?
Edited by Ethereal Sound - 11/28/12 at 1:00pmpost #1872 of 252811/28/12 at 2:38pmQuote:The standard 4ai comes one way, but you can order the 4ai+ and request buckeye burl. I did just that and the buckeye looks incredible. The Magnus cable is fantastic, too.
As for amps I have a JDS Labs c241 and it works great, nice bass boost for tracks that call for such a thing. I also have the Rendition 1 amp on preorder from Heir and I'm certain it will pair beautifully. You can email them for pricing if you want to send them money once for both the 4ai+ and the amp.post #1873 of 252811/28/12 at 2:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ultimate Mango
The standard 4ai comes one way, but you can order the 4ai+ and request buckeye burl. I did just that and the buckeye looks incredible. The Magnus cable is fantastic, too.
As for amps I have a JDS Labs c241 and it works great, nice bass boost for tracks that call for such a thing. I also have the Rendition 1 amp on preorder from Heir and I'm certain it will pair beautifully. You can email them for pricing if you want to send them money once for both the 4ai+ and the amp.
Well, I really like the wood burl but what I meant was like, can you ask for the darker side of the wood? Like I've noticed how everyone's 4ai looks different and how some have lighter shades of brown while others have very dark shades. I'd prefer a darker shade if possible. Would you happen to have any pictures of your buckeye burl? And I forgot about the rendition 1. I'd rather wait for reviews on how it pairs with the 4ai before buying it though...post #1874 of 252811/28/12 at 3:07pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- Heir Audio 4.Ai - Appreciation/Impression/Review Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Heir Audio 4.AiNo reviews yet.
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 41 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 4 minutes ago
- › 8 years ago . . . 5 minutes ago
- › Nexus 5 Sound Quality? 5 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 5 minutes ago
- › Clock Radio suggestions??? 6 minutes ago
- › Help the Newbie pick some Headphones 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude