- 4,074 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Colchester, Essex, UK
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 5/8/13 at 4:20am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 4/6/13 at 5:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Heir Audio 3.AI vs. Heir Audio 4.AI vs Sony EX1000! Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for earphones with little to no bass, clear sound Last post on 10/13/12 at 4:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Heir audia 3.ai and 4.ai Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
very relax sounding IEM, great for relaxing, fit is awkward if u have small ears, accessories are tons but most are useless, tape mod is good! Recommended
I bought these back in October and have only been able to enjoy them in the last couple of weeks (i.e. from late April 2013 after ordering in October 2012). I can't stress enough how important it...
Based in the reviews I read here I purchased the SR80i last July 2012. I thought they were way to bright, or as someone else said "ice picks" in the ears. I thought perhaps I needed an amp - and...
One channel of my Denon 250 pre-amp/amp set failed several times per listening session. So I bought the SMSL SA-98 in Hong Kong for a mere € 98,99 including transport. The trip from Hong Kong to...
Introduction First, I’d like to thank the folks at HiSoundAudio for sending me a sample of the Wooduo 2 in ear monitors for review. HiSoundAudio is a Chinese based headphone and earphone...
Heir Audio 4.Ai - Appreciation/Impression/Review Thread - Page 125post #1861 of 230811/27/12 at 4:07amThread StarterHow come you don't use it. Because you scared of hurting it or does it take a bit longer to insert? I think CIEMs are just as practical as universal most if the time. (Minus silicone)
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1862 of 230811/27/12 at 4:13am
I can insert my customs faster than any of my universals. Keep practicing and you'll soon master the Twisting Insertion!
(Wow that sounded like something else...)post #1863 of 230811/27/12 at 4:15amThread Starterpost #1864 of 230811/27/12 at 4:22amQuote:
Btw, was it on purpose that you missed the 4.A sale? Everybody says the custom version sounds the same, but better...post #1865 of 230811/27/12 at 4:25amThread Starterpost #1866 of 230811/27/12 at 4:29amQuote:
Indeed! That seems to be a lot of insertion practice!post #1867 of 230811/27/12 at 4:42am
I really only listen to 1 ear at work. When I'm home, I don't like all the isolation from the kids... so I tend to listen to my home setup more. When it gets late... I put on my A30 and attack Noobs in BLOPS 2 (after finishing homework). I've had the 4.A for about 6mos now... and can count the hours of use on 1 hand.post #1868 of 230811/27/12 at 4:48amThread Starterpost #1869 of 230811/27/12 at 4:54ampost #1870 of 230811/27/12 at 5:03amQuote:
Try bringing only the 4.A to work for a week. If you still don't use them, sell them. They deserve some eartime!post #1871 of 230811/28/12 at 12:48pm
Just wondering, when buying the 4ai, is it possible to give some specifications as to how you might want the wood? Like, can you request a darker shade?
Also, what are some good portable amps that pair nicely with the 4ai?
Edited by Ethereal Sound - 11/28/12 at 1:00pmpost #1872 of 230811/28/12 at 2:38pmQuote:The standard 4ai comes one way, but you can order the 4ai+ and request buckeye burl. I did just that and the buckeye looks incredible. The Magnus cable is fantastic, too.
As for amps I have a JDS Labs c241 and it works great, nice bass boost for tracks that call for such a thing. I also have the Rendition 1 amp on preorder from Heir and I'm certain it will pair beautifully. You can email them for pricing if you want to send them money once for both the 4ai+ and the amp.post #1873 of 230811/28/12 at 2:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ultimate Mango
The standard 4ai comes one way, but you can order the 4ai+ and request buckeye burl. I did just that and the buckeye looks incredible. The Magnus cable is fantastic, too.
As for amps I have a JDS Labs c241 and it works great, nice bass boost for tracks that call for such a thing. I also have the Rendition 1 amp on preorder from Heir and I'm certain it will pair beautifully. You can email them for pricing if you want to send them money once for both the 4ai+ and the amp.
Well, I really like the wood burl but what I meant was like, can you ask for the darker side of the wood? Like I've noticed how everyone's 4ai looks different and how some have lighter shades of brown while others have very dark shades. I'd prefer a darker shade if possible. Would you happen to have any pictures of your buckeye burl? And I forgot about the rendition 1. I'd rather wait for reviews on how it pairs with the 4ai before buying it though...post #1874 of 230811/28/12 at 3:07pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Heir Audio 4.Ai - Appreciation/Impression/Review Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Whiplash Audio 4 seconds ago
- › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer 54 seconds ago
- › Analog Paper^2 Discussion and Appreciation Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Is Sansa Clip + really that good?! 1 minute ago
- › Superlux HD681 EVO Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (57 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: Ultimate... 3 minutes ago
- › DX50 a new smaller DAP coming from iBasso. . .Specifications page... 3 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] HiFiMAN HE-500 vs Sennheiser HD600 3 minutes ago
- › Westone STAR(TM) silicon tips and TRUE-FIT(TM) foam tips available 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 by minhquancanon7d
- › Unique Melody Miracle by Loquah
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by jeffphus
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by REvandenBERG
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by TheGame21x
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by TKWizard
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by lepermessiah
- › FiiO E09K by Bonavon Vovo
- › Aurisonics ASG-1 Rev 1.3 by kyuuketsuki
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700 by sunnyape
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe