Well do you want something resting on your head or something crammed in your ears? I prefer the latter, so I use IEMs over cans for most of my listening unless I'm at home on my computer.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 5/8/13 at 4:20am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Heir Audio 3.AI vs. Heir Audio 4.AI vs Sony EX1000! Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for earphones with little to no bass, clear sound Last post on 10/13/12 at 4:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Heir audia 3.ai and 4.ai Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 5/29/13
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Owned a variety of DAC's DAP/sources, Cowon J3, Hisound Studio 3rd Anniversary, Dacport LX, HRT Music Streamer II+, Sony Walkman Z. The DX100 completely blows them all away with it's reference...
Before you read this, I think you should know that I'm not an audiophile and that English isn't my native language. Let me start this on a positive note. The design of Razer Tiamat...
Performance: Generally really well. Shouldn't lag at all with normal usage. Should be able to handle most modern apps. I managed to get around 8000 on Antutu Benchmark. Currently runs Android...
A few years ago I was a big fan of the Shuttle Barebone SFF PCs for LAN party gaming. I also was a big fan of surround audio for gaming. I had a soundblaster that days. But the graphics cards grew...
Good solid bass, not very impactful, definitely not for bassheads. Has a warmer feel, and is not very laid back. Also less colored than I would expect. Overall good, as I paid around 120 for...
Heir Audio 4.Ai - Appreciation/Impression/Review Thread - Page 119post #1771 of 231311/21/12 at 3:43pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
post #1772 of 231311/21/12 at 4:33pm
- Pros:“Good bass, sound stage, durable, 3 year warranty, lots of accessories, easy identification of R and L channel, tangle-free cord, isolation.”“Sound quality & 'all around' sound signature.”
- Pros:“Fantastic bass in every meaning of the word; mids are still forward and not killed by the bass; build quality is A++; fit for me was great”“very airy sound, isolation, decent bass,portability, design, built quality”
I have to read better, for some reason, I was reading the BF deal to be on the 4.Ai, and got all excited, cause that made my decision between these and the W4s easy. Is there a big difference between the W4s and 4.Ai. I ask, cause earphonesolutions is having 30% off for black friday, so it makes them cheaper than the 4Ai. And my parents and fiance are getting together and buying these for me for my christmas present, and I may have to put a little towards it also.post #1773 of 231311/21/12 at 5:52pmpost #1774 of 231311/21/12 at 6:27pmpost #1775 of 231311/21/12 at 7:55pmpost #1776 of 231311/21/12 at 8:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Scott2578
I have to read better, for some reason, I was reading the BF deal to be on the 4.Ai, and got all excited, cause that made my decision between these and the W4s easy. Is there a big difference between the W4s and 4.Ai. I ask, cause earphonesolutions is having 30% off for black friday, so it makes them cheaper than the 4Ai. And my parents and fiance are getting together and buying these for me for my christmas present, and I may have to put a little towards it also.
I'll be doing a comparison. My initial (not final; it can certainly change) opinion is that the W4 is still technically (slightly) better than the 4.Ai. Too early to make a definitive statement though.post #1777 of 231311/21/12 at 11:31pmQuote:
I have this serious issue with Westone IEMs being extremely dark and muddy because i have small ears that require shallow insertion.. On a quick note, which one inserts deeper? The 4.Ai or the W4? And which one would you consider to have a warmer sound?post #1778 of 231311/22/12 at 2:14amQuote:
Really? I felt the 4.Ai was easily a clear step up from the W4, especially on the technical side of things.post #1779 of 231311/22/12 at 2:18amQuote:
For me the W4 was a deeper fit but I used the long P series Comply tips. With more standard sized Comply's I'd say the 4.Ai inserts a bit deeper. That's just from memory though. In my opinion the W4 is warmer than the 4.Ai although I wouldn't characterize the 4.Ai as cool, it's still leans towards the warm side of things, just less so.post #1780 of 231311/22/12 at 6:21amQuote:
Hm... You may want to consider the 4.Ai the. I myself do have smaller ears, but get s deep insertion. With both.post #1781 of 231311/22/12 at 8:04am
Sorry Folks, I was just informed this is America Time, where in America I am not too sure as that was not specified.
Basically, stay tuned, and watch for a price adjustment.
Wizardpost #1782 of 231311/22/12 at 8:10ampost #1783 of 231311/22/12 at 4:25pmpost #1784 of 231311/22/12 at 4:32pm
I would think not :p If you think about the history behind Thanksgiving, you'll see why (pilgrims and the indians meeting and having a feast). The idea was to originally replicate that feast :p However, other countries have adopted it for other reasons. Apparently Japan celebrates it on the 23 each year (called Labor Thanks Giving) which was adopted while the US occupied Japan. Other places will celebrate for other reasons too :ppost #1785 of 231311/23/12 at 12:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Dead-Ringer
Thanks for reply, after reading the headphone threads think I'll go for in-ear headphones and these Heir's seem to be getting some great reviews so I'll probably order some. Which is the best to go for is the next question, at the moment I run a Galaxy S11 but after reading through the forum think I'll look at a dedicated player and get a amp as I want a good sounding portable solution, any advise would be appreciated, I have a reasonable budget though not excessive.
What exactly is your budget? "Reasonable" is different between different peopleReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Heir Audio 4.Ai - Appreciation/Impression/Review Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Grado Modification Overview
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 2 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Paradigm Anyone? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr with extras. 1 minute ago
- › HD555 driver came off, help 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Universal IEM remolded OR Custom IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 2 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by tintoy
- › JDS Labs ODAC by Rem0o
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STU by project86
- › Unique Melody Miracle by lin0003
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by mcook1970
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe