Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Heir Audio 4.Ai - Appreciation/Impression/Review Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Heir Audio 4.Ai - Appreciation/Impression/Review Thread - Page 90  

post #1336 of 2528

First of all Hello Gnarlsagan,

 

Ok but the problem is people keeping on insisting and spraying infos on a subject like graphs that don't mean everything...

 

It's important to have criticism but when it begins to be perhaps to much, it's normal to ask oneself why...?

 

i didn't liked the PFE 232 (treble to hot for me) and I just posted 2 comments about that and didn't took the mission to spread my point of wiev in every single IEm thread...

 

You should say that everybody can say and do whatever he wants but when I see someone so obstinate, sorry but I begin to wonder...

 

Bye


Edited by sly_in_the_sky - 11/6/12 at 2:57am
post #1337 of 2528

Personally, I detected they was something weird going on in the lower treble. Some female singer like Ane Brun sounded slightly brighter that I was used too and  occasionally the higher octave of pianos sounded a bit  "splashy". The issue was quite small and depended on the recordings but decided to let it go....frown.gif

post #1338 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post


We're here to share information about iems.
The graphs exist. They seem to be accurate. Now people can make a more educated purchasing decision.
These forums could use a bit more objective criticism anyway.

Agreed. I have nothing but anecdotal evidence and personal experience to back my claims with. Zero, zip, zilch. I can only tell you what I think, I can't claim my opinions as facts. 

 

Maybe Tyll should get a set of 4.Ai's sent over...

post #1339 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpunk View Post

Personally, I detected they was something weird going on in the lower treble. Some female singer like Ane Brun sounded slightly brighter that I was used too and  occasionally the higher octave of pianos sounded a bit  "splashy". The issue was quite small and depended on the recordings but decided to let it go....frown.gif

Hello,

 

What IEM and what source do you use as reference?

 

 

 

Thank you.


Edited by sly_in_the_sky - 11/6/12 at 5:19am
post #1340 of 2528

4A.i with Sony Walkman Z mainly but I also tried various portable amplifiers as I thought it might be due to the high Z of the amp. The main problem with the dip is that it  seems to affect the tonality of instruments and  voices overlapping it.

Strangely, I find the PFE232 a lot darker than the 4A.i

post #1341 of 2528

Incredible... I have my 4 AI with Hisoundaudio Studio 3 rd nniversary and Rocoo BA and what youdescribe is something that I felt with the PFe 232...

 

Perhaps it's a combo matching issue...

 

But tell me, the sony players aren't "warm" players? I never tried one more than just a few minutes but if I remeber from what I read, they are warm, so, perhaps with a little bit "recessed" treble, so that's perhaps the reason you are not used to hear treble the way the 4ai present it with the sony?


Edited by sly_in_the_sky - 11/6/12 at 5:46am
post #1342 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpunk View Post

4A.i with Sony Walkman Z mainly but I also tried various portable amplifiers as I thought it might be due to the high Z of the amp. The main problem with the dip is that it  seems to affect the tonality of instruments and  voices overlapping it.

Strangely, I find the PFE232 a lot darker than the 4A.i

The Walkman Z has an output impedance of 16ohms, effectively wreaking havoc on the frequency response and filters of multi-ba IEMs. I remember how an amp/dac with a 32ohm output impedance made my Westone 3 sound like iBuds. Seriously, it was that bad.

post #1343 of 2528

So...it's a source problem....

post #1344 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by sly_in_the_sky View Post

So...it's a source problem....

Well, it could very well be. @Zenpunk, did you try any other sources?

post #1345 of 2528

Sorensiim

 

 

You have one of the best player around, did you notice Ink's crossover issue?

 

Sincerely, using just my ears, I don't even understand how it's possible...

post #1346 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by sly_in_the_sky View Post

Sorensiim

 

 

You have one of the best player around, did you notice Ink's crossover issue?

 

Sincerely, using just my ears, I don't even understand how it's possible...

Haven't noticed any issues at all - Any tips on how to listen for this specific issue?

post #1347 of 2528

Exept graphs... I really don't know...

post #1348 of 2528

Is it still a bannable offense to link to NwAvGuy's blog? He has a great writeup on why output impedance matters (a lot). Assuming that the 4.Ai shares the 25ohm impedance of the 4.A custom, we can use the 1/8 rule to determine that the output impedance should be 3.125ohm MAX to avoid audible distortion. The Walkman Z has an output impedance of over 4 times as much. Given my experience with the Westone 3 and a 32ohm Calyx Kong I can imagine how the Z could just plain ruin the 4.Ai.

post #1349 of 2528

But in the graph test, they don't use any palyer as a source, right?

 

Sorry for my ignorance, never done a graph test...and don't know exactly the making process....


Edited by sly_in_the_sky - 11/6/12 at 6:49am
post #1350 of 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

The Walkman Z has an output impedance of 16ohms, effectively wreaking havoc on the frequency response and filters of multi-ba IEMs. I remember how an amp/dac with a 32ohm output impedance made my Westone 3 sound like iBuds. Seriously, it was that bad.

following to what you've said, the sony walkman cannot be a good pair with this 4.ai?

That's too bad, i've just ordered a sony walkman F :(

hope that it won't result as bad as you said confused_face_2.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Heir Audio 4.Ai - Appreciation/Impression/Review Thread