Was looking for a pair of cans that had similar frequency response to the Sennheiser 650s but closed back. I really like what I have seen/heard from them but my one big problem is that they are open back and consequently have lower bass and are really hurting in the sub bass area. This is no good as I am looking for a bass heavy pair of headphones. Oh and comfort/low clamping is key as well. Thanks for any suggestions!
Related Forum Threads
- Denon D2000 Vs D5000 Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Someone like you, Denon AH-D5000? Last post on 7/29/12 at 10:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Running the HD650's... Ampless? Last post on 1/4/12 at 6:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 ($350) or Denon AH-D7000 ($730)? Last post on 6/15/12 at 11:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank SoundMagic for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. If you live in US, they are currently available at a...
*A sample of the IEM500 was provided to me in return for my honest review* - Photos taken by, me.- One of the funniest things is when a company writes all these outlandish claims with their...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
Similar to Sennheiser 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 38/6/12 at 3:58ampost #3 of 38/6/12 at 5:04am
+1 for the Denon D7000. I recently bought the D7000 to replace my Sennheiser HD650. I needed closed headphones to isolate the music better from my surroundings. It should be noted that D7000 is not completely closed, but sufficiently closed for me. I think D7000 and HD650 have the same sound signature, but D7000 has better sub bass and none of the so called "Sennheiser veil". Comfort is great on D7000 but not completly on the level with HD650.
- Similar to Sennheiser 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 26 seconds ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Which Headphones Should I Buy? 4 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 4 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 6 minutes ago
- › Final Heaven VII Tour - Reviewers Wanted! 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions 8 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)