Was looking for a pair of cans that had similar frequency response to the Sennheiser 650s but closed back. I really like what I have seen/heard from them but my one big problem is that they are open back and consequently have lower bass and are really hurting in the sub bass area. This is no good as I am looking for a bass heavy pair of headphones. Oh and comfort/low clamping is key as well. Thanks for any suggestions!
Related Forum Threads
- Denon D2000 Vs D5000 Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Someone like you, Denon AH-D5000? Last post on 7/29/12 at 10:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Running the HD650's... Ampless? Last post on 1/4/12 at 6:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 ($350) or Denon AH-D7000 ($730)? Last post on 6/15/12 at 11:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Similar to Sennheiser 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 38/6/12 at 3:58ampost #3 of 38/6/12 at 5:04am
+1 for the Denon D7000. I recently bought the D7000 to replace my Sennheiser HD650. I needed closed headphones to isolate the music better from my surroundings. It should be noted that D7000 is not completely closed, but sufficiently closed for me. I think D7000 and HD650 have the same sound signature, but D7000 has better sub bass and none of the so called "Sennheiser veil". Comfort is great on D7000 but not completly on the level with HD650.
- Similar to Sennheiser 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 13 seconds ago
- › looking for new headphones/earbuds 32 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Trying to hear the difference between 320 mp3 vs flac (16/24-bit,... 3 minutes ago
- › Needing new gaming headphones 3 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 3 minutes ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Why would 24 bit / 192 khz flac sound any better than 16 bit / 44.1... 4 minutes ago
- › Rave review of the 'Astonishing' KingSound KS-H3 headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)