Was looking for a pair of cans that had similar frequency response to the Sennheiser 650s but closed back. I really like what I have seen/heard from them but my one big problem is that they are open back and consequently have lower bass and are really hurting in the sub bass area. This is no good as I am looking for a bass heavy pair of headphones. Oh and comfort/low clamping is key as well. Thanks for any suggestions!
Related Forum Threads
- Denon D2000 Vs D5000 Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Someone like you, Denon AH-D5000? Last post on 7/29/12 at 10:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Running the HD650's... Ampless? Last post on 1/4/12 at 6:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 ($350) or Denon AH-D7000 ($730)? Last post on 6/15/12 at 11:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Introduction – So a few weeks into my search and discovery of budget-based earphones has led me here - to the Xiaomi Piston 2.1. The Pistons are the result of the popular Chinese smartphone...
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Similar to Sennheiser 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 38/6/12 at 3:58ampost #3 of 38/6/12 at 5:04am
+1 for the Denon D7000. I recently bought the D7000 to replace my Sennheiser HD650. I needed closed headphones to isolate the music better from my surroundings. It should be noted that D7000 is not completely closed, but sufficiently closed for me. I think D7000 and HD650 have the same sound signature, but D7000 has better sub bass and none of the so called "Sennheiser veil". Comfort is great on D7000 but not completly on the level with HD650.
- Similar to Sennheiser 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 22 seconds ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 24 seconds ago
- › [Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again 35 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › Surprisingly capable Cantatis Overture 192 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD700 Review 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Audiophile1811
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › Review before you send an email
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3