Hi, I know this is going to make people stew, but I am looking for a pair of quality sound headphones around the $80 mark. I dont care about the looks, (well, to the point it can be worn in public) and I am looking mainly for sound quality. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productDigitech Pro Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productDj Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 8/6/12
- productKoss R-80 Home Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productNumark RED WAVE Clean, powerful and comfortable headphones.tagged by System, 8/6/12
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Lookin for sub $50 headphones Last post on 9/24/12 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- New to the world of headphones! Don't have a single pair of my own, looking to buy! Last post on 9/19/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best budget headphone under $80? Last post on 10/25/12 at 2:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a set of closed sub $100 headphones for use around the office and commute. Last post on 7/22/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
All instruments come to live with pm1, crystal clear and smooth at the same time. Pm1 made my Sennheiser hd650 and Grado reference 1 sound harsh and incomplete. I had some time to listen to hd800...
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I didn't really know about PaiAudio at all until very recently when I was approached by Alex Fan...
Budget quality headphonespost #1 of 208/6/12 at 12:31amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 208/6/12 at 12:43amQuote:Originally Posted by binman13
Hi, I know this is going to make people stew, but I am looking for a pair of quality sound headphones around the $80 mark. I dont care about the looks, (well, to the point it can be worn in public) and I am looking mainly for sound quality. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I would definitely look into the Jaycar Pro Studio Monitors. They are identical to the Brainwavs HM5, and can be had from Jaycar.us for $70 shipped. The Koss ProDJ 100 gets a lot of love too.post #3 of 208/6/12 at 12:55amThread Starterpost #4 of 208/6/12 at 12:59amThread Starterpost #5 of 208/6/12 at 1:01amThread Starterpost #6 of 208/6/12 at 1:37amQuote:
These are not Beats-esque in the slightest. If they were, you would have run into 5,000,000 hate threads about them already. Instead, they are widely regarded as one of the best deals in headphonia.
Red Waves are said to be solid headphones, but a bit bass heavy. It'd depend on what genres you like.post #7 of 208/6/12 at 1:40amThread Starterpost #8 of 208/6/12 at 1:45amNot sure about the Red Waves, but in or around your budget:
Sennheiser HD 280 Pro
Grado SR-60i (these provide no isolation, so they may be impractical for your needs)
R/80 are the best value of the bunch imho.post #9 of 208/6/12 at 1:47amQuote:
They should be good, but I've never gotten to listen to them or the Koss. I'd wait to hear from someone who's owned them, or do some searching before becoming too convinced.
BTW, if you're going through Amazon, pick up one of the Warehouse Deals used ones. Usually, they are just fully working ones that have been returned. Should still have all warranties and accessories.post #10 of 208/6/12 at 2:18amThread Starterpost #11 of 208/6/12 at 2:27amQuote:
Cool! Did you get a Warehouse Deal? They look like a steal at $60.post #12 of 208/6/12 at 2:29amThread Starter
I decided to take the safe option and go for the New at 70, I know it was probably a waste, but last time I bought *Slightly Used* I actually did get some busted parts (Ripeed carbiner, bent input which is probably why it was sent back .etc)post #13 of 208/6/12 at 2:40amQuote:
Ouch! Probably not a bad idea to spend the extra money then. Almost worth it not to have Super Saver Shipping. Let us know how they work out for you when you get them in!post #14 of 208/6/12 at 2:47amThread Starter
- Budget quality headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
Currently, there are 3864 Active Users (603 Members and 3261 Guests)
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 37 seconds ago
- › Westone W80 43 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 50 seconds ago
- › I'm riding this audio wave, but now I can see the sharks. 52 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo issue solutions thread. 52 seconds ago
- › Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp 1 minute ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Trinity Audio - PHANTOM AIR - The worlds FIRST tuneable truly... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 7 Will Revolutionize Portable Audio for the First Time in a... 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sam 88
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...