Hi, I know this is going to make people stew, but I am looking for a pair of quality sound headphones around the $80 mark. I dont care about the looks, (well, to the point it can be worn in public) and I am looking mainly for sound quality. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productDigitech Pro Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productDj Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 8/6/12
- productKoss R-80 Home Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productNumark RED WAVE Clean, powerful and comfortable headphones.tagged by System, 8/6/12
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Lookin for sub $50 headphones Last post on 9/24/12 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- New to the world of headphones! Don't have a single pair of my own, looking to buy! Last post on 9/19/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best budget headphone under $80? Last post on 10/25/12 at 2:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a set of closed sub $100 headphones for use around the office and commute. Last post on 7/22/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
Photo courtesy of Cozoy INTRODUCTION I recently tested out a couple battery-powered DAC/Amp (Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3) solutions and the battery-free Calyx PaT DAC/Amp with the goal of...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Budget quality headphonespost #1 of 208/6/12 at 12:31amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 208/6/12 at 12:43amQuote:Originally Posted by binman13
Hi, I know this is going to make people stew, but I am looking for a pair of quality sound headphones around the $80 mark. I dont care about the looks, (well, to the point it can be worn in public) and I am looking mainly for sound quality. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I would definitely look into the Jaycar Pro Studio Monitors. They are identical to the Brainwavs HM5, and can be had from Jaycar.us for $70 shipped. The Koss ProDJ 100 gets a lot of love too.post #3 of 208/6/12 at 12:55amThread Starterpost #4 of 208/6/12 at 12:59amThread Starterpost #5 of 208/6/12 at 1:01amThread Starterpost #6 of 208/6/12 at 1:37amQuote:
These are not Beats-esque in the slightest. If they were, you would have run into 5,000,000 hate threads about them already. Instead, they are widely regarded as one of the best deals in headphonia.
Red Waves are said to be solid headphones, but a bit bass heavy. It'd depend on what genres you like.post #7 of 208/6/12 at 1:40amThread Starterpost #8 of 208/6/12 at 1:45amNot sure about the Red Waves, but in or around your budget:
Sennheiser HD 280 Pro
Grado SR-60i (these provide no isolation, so they may be impractical for your needs)
R/80 are the best value of the bunch imho.post #9 of 208/6/12 at 1:47amQuote:
They should be good, but I've never gotten to listen to them or the Koss. I'd wait to hear from someone who's owned them, or do some searching before becoming too convinced.
BTW, if you're going through Amazon, pick up one of the Warehouse Deals used ones. Usually, they are just fully working ones that have been returned. Should still have all warranties and accessories.post #10 of 208/6/12 at 2:18amThread Starterpost #11 of 208/6/12 at 2:27amQuote:
Cool! Did you get a Warehouse Deal? They look like a steal at $60.post #12 of 208/6/12 at 2:29amThread Starter
I decided to take the safe option and go for the New at 70, I know it was probably a waste, but last time I bought *Slightly Used* I actually did get some busted parts (Ripeed carbiner, bent input which is probably why it was sent back .etc)post #13 of 208/6/12 at 2:40amQuote:
Ouch! Probably not a bad idea to spend the extra money then. Almost worth it not to have Super Saver Shipping. Let us know how they work out for you when you get them in!post #14 of 208/6/12 at 2:47amThread Starter
- Budget quality headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
Currently, there are 3364 Active Users (683 Members and 2681 Guests)
- › Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? 58 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Aegis - 192kHz 24bit DAC/amp - Compatible with Android and iOS! 4 minutes ago
- › Cardas Clear Headphone Cable 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 5 minutes ago
- › [Review] Encore RockMaster OE (Over-Ear) - a superb $30 budget... 5 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2