Hi, I know this is going to make people stew, but I am looking for a pair of quality sound headphones around the $80 mark. I dont care about the looks, (well, to the point it can be worn in public) and I am looking mainly for sound quality. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productDigitech Pro Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productDj Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 8/6/12
- productKoss R-80 Home Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productNumark RED WAVE Clean, powerful and comfortable headphones.tagged by System, 8/6/12
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Lookin for sub $50 headphones Last post on 9/24/12 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- New to the world of headphones! Don't have a single pair of my own, looking to buy! Last post on 9/19/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best budget headphone under $80? Last post on 10/25/12 at 2:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a set of closed sub $100 headphones for use around the office and commute. Last post on 7/22/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero By NLNH around April 16th. I received...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
These headphones need to be amped. If you choose to use them without doing so, they will sound weak and lifeless. The complaints I read about seem to me to be with people that haven't synergized...
For my taste are too analitical cans.I try to remove the high frequencies sibiling using several different tips...shure triple compy foam....nothing they remain too harsh for my tasty. I also...
Budget quality headphonespost #1 of 208/6/12 at 12:31amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 208/6/12 at 12:43amQuote:Originally Posted by binman13
Hi, I know this is going to make people stew, but I am looking for a pair of quality sound headphones around the $80 mark. I dont care about the looks, (well, to the point it can be worn in public) and I am looking mainly for sound quality. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I would definitely look into the Jaycar Pro Studio Monitors. They are identical to the Brainwavs HM5, and can be had from Jaycar.us for $70 shipped. The Koss ProDJ 100 gets a lot of love too.post #3 of 208/6/12 at 12:55amThread Starterpost #4 of 208/6/12 at 12:59amThread Starterpost #5 of 208/6/12 at 1:01amThread Starterpost #6 of 208/6/12 at 1:37amQuote:
These are not Beats-esque in the slightest. If they were, you would have run into 5,000,000 hate threads about them already. Instead, they are widely regarded as one of the best deals in headphonia.
Red Waves are said to be solid headphones, but a bit bass heavy. It'd depend on what genres you like.post #7 of 208/6/12 at 1:40amThread Starterpost #8 of 208/6/12 at 1:45amNot sure about the Red Waves, but in or around your budget:
Sennheiser HD 280 Pro
Grado SR-60i (these provide no isolation, so they may be impractical for your needs)
R/80 are the best value of the bunch imho.post #9 of 208/6/12 at 1:47amQuote:
They should be good, but I've never gotten to listen to them or the Koss. I'd wait to hear from someone who's owned them, or do some searching before becoming too convinced.
BTW, if you're going through Amazon, pick up one of the Warehouse Deals used ones. Usually, they are just fully working ones that have been returned. Should still have all warranties and accessories.post #10 of 208/6/12 at 2:18amThread Starterpost #11 of 208/6/12 at 2:27amQuote:
Cool! Did you get a Warehouse Deal? They look like a steal at $60.post #12 of 208/6/12 at 2:29amThread Starter
I decided to take the safe option and go for the New at 70, I know it was probably a waste, but last time I bought *Slightly Used* I actually did get some busted parts (Ripeed carbiner, bent input which is probably why it was sent back .etc)post #13 of 208/6/12 at 2:40amQuote:
Ouch! Probably not a bad idea to spend the extra money then. Almost worth it not to have Super Saver Shipping. Let us know how they work out for you when you get them in!post #14 of 208/6/12 at 2:47amThread Starter
- Budget quality headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
Currently, there are 2426 Active Users (413 Members and 2013 Guests)
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 2 minutes ago
- › WESTONE CABLE MFI NEW FOR W OR UM MODELS 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Peoria IL Summer Meet 2016 (June 18th 2016). 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 12 minutes ago
- › Van Den Hul The Orchid 1.0m Balanced XLR Interconnect Cable (1 Pair) 13 minutes ago
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...