Hi, I know this is going to make people stew, but I am looking for a pair of quality sound headphones around the $80 mark. I dont care about the looks, (well, to the point it can be worn in public) and I am looking mainly for sound quality. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productDigitech Pro Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productDj Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 8/6/12
- productKoss R-80 Home Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productNumark RED WAVE Clean, powerful and comfortable headphones.tagged by System, 8/6/12
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Lookin for sub $50 headphones Last post on 9/24/12 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- New to the world of headphones! Don't have a single pair of my own, looking to buy! Last post on 9/19/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best budget headphone under $80? Last post on 10/25/12 at 2:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a set of closed sub $100 headphones for use around the office and commute. Last post on 7/22/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bluedio kindly sent me their 8-driver UFO bluetooth headphones in red for review - and boy I’m glad they did. Packaging Like all of their higher priced bluetooth models, the UFO’s come...
First of all, I would like to thank Charles from Shozy for the review sample of Shozy Zero! Website: http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ I believe what makes Shozy Zero unique is...
So I am fairly new to the audio world. The Monoprice 8323 was my second purchase on starting to get into headphones (after Superlux HD681 EVOs). I have had these headphones for about 6 months...
LEAR LHF-AE1d Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to LEAR for the sample. Brief: All of da pretty and they sound just as good too! Price: HK$1488 or atm £146 or...
The Edifier MP700 Rave Introduction Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for...
Budget quality headphonespost #1 of 208/6/12 at 12:31amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 208/6/12 at 12:43amQuote:Originally Posted by binman13
Hi, I know this is going to make people stew, but I am looking for a pair of quality sound headphones around the $80 mark. I dont care about the looks, (well, to the point it can be worn in public) and I am looking mainly for sound quality. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I would definitely look into the Jaycar Pro Studio Monitors. They are identical to the Brainwavs HM5, and can be had from Jaycar.us for $70 shipped. The Koss ProDJ 100 gets a lot of love too.post #3 of 208/6/12 at 12:55amThread Starterpost #4 of 208/6/12 at 12:59amThread Starterpost #5 of 208/6/12 at 1:01amThread Starterpost #6 of 208/6/12 at 1:37amQuote:
These are not Beats-esque in the slightest. If they were, you would have run into 5,000,000 hate threads about them already. Instead, they are widely regarded as one of the best deals in headphonia.
Red Waves are said to be solid headphones, but a bit bass heavy. It'd depend on what genres you like.post #7 of 208/6/12 at 1:40amThread Starterpost #8 of 208/6/12 at 1:45amNot sure about the Red Waves, but in or around your budget:
Sennheiser HD 280 Pro
Grado SR-60i (these provide no isolation, so they may be impractical for your needs)
R/80 are the best value of the bunch imho.post #9 of 208/6/12 at 1:47amQuote:
They should be good, but I've never gotten to listen to them or the Koss. I'd wait to hear from someone who's owned them, or do some searching before becoming too convinced.
BTW, if you're going through Amazon, pick up one of the Warehouse Deals used ones. Usually, they are just fully working ones that have been returned. Should still have all warranties and accessories.post #10 of 208/6/12 at 2:18amThread Starterpost #11 of 208/6/12 at 2:27amQuote:
Cool! Did you get a Warehouse Deal? They look like a steal at $60.post #12 of 208/6/12 at 2:29amThread Starter
I decided to take the safe option and go for the New at 70, I know it was probably a waste, but last time I bought *Slightly Used* I actually did get some busted parts (Ripeed carbiner, bent input which is probably why it was sent back .etc)post #13 of 208/6/12 at 2:40amQuote:
Ouch! Probably not a bad idea to spend the extra money then. Almost worth it not to have Super Saver Shipping. Let us know how they work out for you when you get them in!post #14 of 208/6/12 at 2:47amThread Starter
- Budget quality headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
Currently, there are 2895 Active Users (536 Members and 2359 Guests)
- › got the DT770 Pro 80 Ohm and returning them 29 seconds ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 54 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › FS: AKG K612 Pro 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 6 minutes ago
- › Teac Reference Line UD-501 USB DAC "DSD" 7 minutes ago
- › Lasmex L-85 headphones 7 minutes ago
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Edifier P220 In-Ear Chrome Design Headphones With Microphone - Blue by Hisoundfi
- › EasGear Morul U5 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds by James Mash
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by Pastapipo
- › YHC S600 by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...