Hi, I know this is going to make people stew, but I am looking for a pair of quality sound headphones around the $80 mark. I dont care about the looks, (well, to the point it can be worn in public) and I am looking mainly for sound quality. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productDigitech Pro Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productDj Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 8/6/12
- productKoss R-80 Home Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productNumark RED WAVE Clean, powerful and comfortable headphones.tagged by System, 8/6/12
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 12/17/16 at 11:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Lookin for sub $50 headphones Last post on 9/24/12 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- New to the world of headphones! Don't have a single pair of my own, looking to buy! Last post on 9/19/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best budget headphone under $80? Last post on 10/25/12 at 2:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a set of closed sub $100 headphones for use around the office and commute. Last post on 7/22/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Greetings Head-fi! Today we're going to be checking out a wireless Bluetooth speaker from Archeer, the A320. Archeer sells a pretty wide variety of products like cellphone cases, headphones,...
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
Budget quality headphonespost #1 of 208/6/12 at 12:31amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 208/6/12 at 12:43amQuote:Originally Posted by binman13
Hi, I know this is going to make people stew, but I am looking for a pair of quality sound headphones around the $80 mark. I dont care about the looks, (well, to the point it can be worn in public) and I am looking mainly for sound quality. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I would definitely look into the Jaycar Pro Studio Monitors. They are identical to the Brainwavs HM5, and can be had from Jaycar.us for $70 shipped. The Koss ProDJ 100 gets a lot of love too.post #3 of 208/6/12 at 12:55amThread Starterpost #4 of 208/6/12 at 12:59amThread Starterpost #5 of 208/6/12 at 1:01amThread Starterpost #6 of 208/6/12 at 1:37amQuote:
These are not Beats-esque in the slightest. If they were, you would have run into 5,000,000 hate threads about them already. Instead, they are widely regarded as one of the best deals in headphonia.
Red Waves are said to be solid headphones, but a bit bass heavy. It'd depend on what genres you like.post #7 of 208/6/12 at 1:40amThread Starterpost #8 of 208/6/12 at 1:45amNot sure about the Red Waves, but in or around your budget:
Sennheiser HD 280 Pro
Grado SR-60i (these provide no isolation, so they may be impractical for your needs)
R/80 are the best value of the bunch imho.post #9 of 208/6/12 at 1:47amQuote:
They should be good, but I've never gotten to listen to them or the Koss. I'd wait to hear from someone who's owned them, or do some searching before becoming too convinced.
BTW, if you're going through Amazon, pick up one of the Warehouse Deals used ones. Usually, they are just fully working ones that have been returned. Should still have all warranties and accessories.post #10 of 208/6/12 at 2:18amThread Starterpost #11 of 208/6/12 at 2:27amQuote:
Cool! Did you get a Warehouse Deal? They look like a steal at $60.post #12 of 208/6/12 at 2:29amThread Starter
I decided to take the safe option and go for the New at 70, I know it was probably a waste, but last time I bought *Slightly Used* I actually did get some busted parts (Ripeed carbiner, bent input which is probably why it was sent back .etc)post #13 of 208/6/12 at 2:40amQuote:
Ouch! Probably not a bad idea to spend the extra money then. Almost worth it not to have Super Saver Shipping. Let us know how they work out for you when you get them in!post #14 of 208/6/12 at 2:47amThread Starter
- Budget quality headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
Currently, there are 4474 Active Users (830 Members and 3644 Guests)
- › L.K.S. Audio MH-DA004 Dual ES9038PRO DAC - Van Damme's double impact? 1 second ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 9 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 15 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 16 seconds ago
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 26 seconds ago
- › Oppo Sonica DAC (an affordable ES9038PRO Sabre DAC) 48 seconds ago
- › NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 1 minute ago
- › 2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes) 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 2 minutes ago
- › ARCHEER 25W Bluetooth Home Speakers with Huge Bass and Superior... by B9Scrambler
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear