The 1100's look great, a couple questions though. are they durable, are the cables replaceable in case one of them gets snagged and breaks, and should i get an amp for these, if so, what would be a good reccomendation.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 8/6/12
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 8/6/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 8/6/12
- productOE2 audio headphones - Blacktagged by System, 8/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for fast, high bass impact headphone with good clarity for electronica Last post on 11/10/14 at 5:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- So many to choose Last post on 12/5/12 at 6:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $300? Last post on 7/22/14 at 4:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- first timer Last post on 10/20/12 at 11:30am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Great sound, great tone, very well balanced, very clean, great bass (not lacking), detailed sound. Everything sounds great on the SENNHEISER HD 598.
Fantastic Reference Headphones, fantastic sound clarity and definition. The soundstage is the best! Incredible detailed sound and instruments separation. Not for everyone. This is a very honest...
Best Headphones for 500$ or less - Page 3post #31 of 348/7/12 at 8:44pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 348/8/12 at 12:28pmQuote:
They're pretty durable. I've had them for 8 months now and no complaints, even after a few trips and more than a few commutes (I live in NYC, so they're very handy on the train)
Cables are NOT replaceable. At least not easily. But everything oozes quality with this set. I don't see it breaking easily. Now, if durability is your primary concern, you might want to go with something else. While there is no question that the 1100 is a well made product, they're simply not built to be tossed around and abused. If that's the case, you may be more interested in the HD25s (though I hate the clamp and on-ears), which are made to withstand a nuclear winter.
The Sony's that I mentioned earlier are quite durable and great sounding as well (I can't stress how underrated that headphone is ... well these days at least, but in the 80s, it was tops)
Edited by roker - 8/8/12 at 12:32pmpost #33 of 348/8/12 at 3:26pmQuote:
Of all the phones I've tried in this price point, they seem to use the highest quality build material. Further, these are the only pair that I'd feel comfortable with going from point A to B... especially with the nice carry case. One other surprising thing is that despite the 80 ohm rating, they seem relatively easy to drive - comparable to other 30 ohm headphones. Maybe is the great seal they have?post #34 of 348/8/12 at 3:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by talisman42
Of all the phones I've tried in this price point, they seem to use the highest quality build material. Further, these are the only pair that I'd feel comfortable with going from point A to B... especially with the nice carry case. One other surprising thing is that despite the 80 ohm rating, they seem relatively easy to drive - comparable to other 30 ohm headphones. Maybe is the great seal they have?
I found the same thing...with my ZO2 amp, it's easier for me to get the volume I prefer on the 80 ohm 1350s than it is my 32 ohm Grados. I think it might be because the 1350s have a very high sensitivity rating of like 109db. I love that aspect of them, cause if I don't have my amp with me I can just use my iPhone or Kindle Fire...plenty of volume. I don't know what my Grados are, but I know it's not as high as 109.
I agree about the durabilty, too. I have complete confidence transporting them, especially with the case. I really enjoy showing them off at work...several people I've demoed them for have never heard anything close to this in terms of quaity.
- Best Headphones for 500$ or less
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Bravo Audio V3 Discussion and Mods. 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Google asks: Which animal are you? 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for good headphones in my price range 4 minutes ago
- › Chicago Area Meet - Saturday April 25 - Part of the Ear Gear Expo... 4 minutes ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet at BottleHeadquarters 4/25/2015 6 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 7 minutes ago
- › Need a DAC with built in headphone amp and pre-amp out for active... 7 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by DJScope
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2