The 1100's look great, a couple questions though. are they durable, are the cables replaceable in case one of them gets snagged and breaks, and should i get an amp for these, if so, what would be a good reccomendation.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 8/6/12
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 8/6/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 8/6/12
- productOE2 audio headphones - Blacktagged by System, 8/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for fast, high bass impact headphone with good clarity for electronica Last post on 12/19/12 at 8:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- So many to choose Last post on 12/5/12 at 6:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $300? Last post on 3/5/14 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- first timer Last post on 10/20/12 at 11:30am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Best Headphones for 500$ or less - Page 3post #31 of 348/7/12 at 8:44pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 348/8/12 at 12:28pmQuote:
They're pretty durable. I've had them for 8 months now and no complaints, even after a few trips and more than a few commutes (I live in NYC, so they're very handy on the train)
Cables are NOT replaceable. At least not easily. But everything oozes quality with this set. I don't see it breaking easily. Now, if durability is your primary concern, you might want to go with something else. While there is no question that the 1100 is a well made product, they're simply not built to be tossed around and abused. If that's the case, you may be more interested in the HD25s (though I hate the clamp and on-ears), which are made to withstand a nuclear winter.
The Sony's that I mentioned earlier are quite durable and great sounding as well (I can't stress how underrated that headphone is ... well these days at least, but in the 80s, it was tops)
Edited by roker - 8/8/12 at 12:32pmpost #33 of 348/8/12 at 3:26pmQuote:
Of all the phones I've tried in this price point, they seem to use the highest quality build material. Further, these are the only pair that I'd feel comfortable with going from point A to B... especially with the nice carry case. One other surprising thing is that despite the 80 ohm rating, they seem relatively easy to drive - comparable to other 30 ohm headphones. Maybe is the great seal they have?post #34 of 348/8/12 at 3:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by talisman42
Of all the phones I've tried in this price point, they seem to use the highest quality build material. Further, these are the only pair that I'd feel comfortable with going from point A to B... especially with the nice carry case. One other surprising thing is that despite the 80 ohm rating, they seem relatively easy to drive - comparable to other 30 ohm headphones. Maybe is the great seal they have?
I found the same thing...with my ZO2 amp, it's easier for me to get the volume I prefer on the 80 ohm 1350s than it is my 32 ohm Grados. I think it might be because the 1350s have a very high sensitivity rating of like 109db. I love that aspect of them, cause if I don't have my amp with me I can just use my iPhone or Kindle Fire...plenty of volume. I don't know what my Grados are, but I know it's not as high as 109.
I agree about the durabilty, too. I have complete confidence transporting them, especially with the case. I really enjoy showing them off at work...several people I've demoed them for have never heard anything close to this in terms of quaity.
- Best Headphones for 500$ or less
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 42 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › Grado SR60 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 7 minutes ago
- › Uplifting Trance reccomendations 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob