The 1100's look great, a couple questions though. are they durable, are the cables replaceable in case one of them gets snagged and breaks, and should i get an amp for these, if so, what would be a good reccomendation.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 8/6/12
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 8/6/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 8/6/12
- productOE2 audio headphones - Blacktagged by System, 8/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for fast, high bass impact headphone with good clarity for electronica Last post on 12/19/12 at 8:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- So many to choose Last post on 12/5/12 at 6:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $300? Last post on Yesterday at 4:22 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- first timer Last post on 10/20/12 at 11:30am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
Best Headphones for 500$ or less - Page 3post #31 of 348/7/12 at 8:44pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 348/8/12 at 12:28pmQuote:
They're pretty durable. I've had them for 8 months now and no complaints, even after a few trips and more than a few commutes (I live in NYC, so they're very handy on the train)
Cables are NOT replaceable. At least not easily. But everything oozes quality with this set. I don't see it breaking easily. Now, if durability is your primary concern, you might want to go with something else. While there is no question that the 1100 is a well made product, they're simply not built to be tossed around and abused. If that's the case, you may be more interested in the HD25s (though I hate the clamp and on-ears), which are made to withstand a nuclear winter.
The Sony's that I mentioned earlier are quite durable and great sounding as well (I can't stress how underrated that headphone is ... well these days at least, but in the 80s, it was tops)
Edited by roker - 8/8/12 at 12:32pmpost #33 of 348/8/12 at 3:26pmQuote:
Of all the phones I've tried in this price point, they seem to use the highest quality build material. Further, these are the only pair that I'd feel comfortable with going from point A to B... especially with the nice carry case. One other surprising thing is that despite the 80 ohm rating, they seem relatively easy to drive - comparable to other 30 ohm headphones. Maybe is the great seal they have?post #34 of 348/8/12 at 3:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by talisman42
Of all the phones I've tried in this price point, they seem to use the highest quality build material. Further, these are the only pair that I'd feel comfortable with going from point A to B... especially with the nice carry case. One other surprising thing is that despite the 80 ohm rating, they seem relatively easy to drive - comparable to other 30 ohm headphones. Maybe is the great seal they have?
I found the same thing...with my ZO2 amp, it's easier for me to get the volume I prefer on the 80 ohm 1350s than it is my 32 ohm Grados. I think it might be because the 1350s have a very high sensitivity rating of like 109db. I love that aspect of them, cause if I don't have my amp with me I can just use my iPhone or Kindle Fire...plenty of volume. I don't know what my Grados are, but I know it's not as high as 109.
I agree about the durabilty, too. I have complete confidence transporting them, especially with the case. I really enjoy showing them off at work...several people I've demoed them for have never heard anything close to this in terms of quaity.
- Best Headphones for 500$ or less
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Vape-Fi 13 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 27 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › "Colouration" of a DAP's sound - How does it work? 3 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Seattle Redhook Meet Saturday July 26th, 2014 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)