The 1100's look great, a couple questions though. are they durable, are the cables replaceable in case one of them gets snagged and breaks, and should i get an amp for these, if so, what would be a good reccomendation.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 8/6/12
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 8/6/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 8/6/12
- productOE2 audio headphones - Blacktagged by System, 8/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for fast, high bass impact headphone with good clarity for electronica Last post on 2/2/16 at 12:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- So many to choose Last post on 12/5/12 at 6:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $300? Last post on 7/22/14 at 4:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- first timer Last post on 10/20/12 at 11:30am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Best Headphones for 500$ or less - Page 3post #31 of 348/7/12 at 8:44pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 348/8/12 at 12:28pmQuote:
They're pretty durable. I've had them for 8 months now and no complaints, even after a few trips and more than a few commutes (I live in NYC, so they're very handy on the train)
Cables are NOT replaceable. At least not easily. But everything oozes quality with this set. I don't see it breaking easily. Now, if durability is your primary concern, you might want to go with something else. While there is no question that the 1100 is a well made product, they're simply not built to be tossed around and abused. If that's the case, you may be more interested in the HD25s (though I hate the clamp and on-ears), which are made to withstand a nuclear winter.
The Sony's that I mentioned earlier are quite durable and great sounding as well (I can't stress how underrated that headphone is ... well these days at least, but in the 80s, it was tops)
Edited by roker - 8/8/12 at 12:32pmpost #33 of 348/8/12 at 3:26pmQuote:
Of all the phones I've tried in this price point, they seem to use the highest quality build material. Further, these are the only pair that I'd feel comfortable with going from point A to B... especially with the nice carry case. One other surprising thing is that despite the 80 ohm rating, they seem relatively easy to drive - comparable to other 30 ohm headphones. Maybe is the great seal they have?post #34 of 348/8/12 at 3:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by talisman42
Of all the phones I've tried in this price point, they seem to use the highest quality build material. Further, these are the only pair that I'd feel comfortable with going from point A to B... especially with the nice carry case. One other surprising thing is that despite the 80 ohm rating, they seem relatively easy to drive - comparable to other 30 ohm headphones. Maybe is the great seal they have?
I found the same thing...with my ZO2 amp, it's easier for me to get the volume I prefer on the 80 ohm 1350s than it is my 32 ohm Grados. I think it might be because the 1350s have a very high sensitivity rating of like 109db. I love that aspect of them, cause if I don't have my amp with me I can just use my iPhone or Kindle Fire...plenty of volume. I don't know what my Grados are, but I know it's not as high as 109.
I agree about the durabilty, too. I have complete confidence transporting them, especially with the case. I really enjoy showing them off at work...several people I've demoed them for have never heard anything close to this in terms of quaity.
- Best Headphones for 500$ or less
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › FS: Mr. Speakers Ether C - Mint Condition 48 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Centrance DacMini CX 2 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 2 minutes ago
- › Mr.Speakers DUM cable 6ft. 4pin balanced 2 minutes ago
- › 6922 Tube Review - 17 Top 6922 6N23P E88CC CCa 7308 E188CC tubes 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › TASCAM UH-7000 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Yulong U100 by Spork67
- › Schiit Audio Bifrost DAC by bosiemoncrieff
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by flinkenick
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...